The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Weather forecast next 30 days  (Read 1036 times)

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
Weather forecast next 30 days
« on: Jan 27, 2024, 11:39 AM »
Accuweather forecat does not look good between now and Feb. 16. There is a cold spell (nite/day] at freezing for 7 days after the 16th. There is a number of day temp from 35F-52F durning Feb.. The ang le of th e S un will take care of March..Not good. We might get a chance to go on the ice around 19-20 of feb.

Offline MA-Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Weather forecast next 30 days
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2024, 02:06 AM »
Doesn't look all that bad when I look. Here's a forecast in North Eastern MA. Anything north or west of here should be good ice.

Offline Ryan51993

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2024, 06:49 AM »
I'm in south central MA and I was pleasantly surprised with the forecast in my area. All nights in the teens and only 3 days in the 10 day forecast where the high is above 32. Not exactly big ice building weather but considering I was on 6 inches yesterday I think its safe to say I'll be fishing the next couple of weekends no problem which is a hell of a lot more than I can say about last season.

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2024, 08:49 AM »
Here in the Ct. Valley there is no ice safe with out getting on with planks..sides are shot 9 mile/5 mile Chapin Ponds. Remenber YOU NEED 24hrs of below weather to build ice...warm temp in the day dont cut it. Ponds up in the Berks are open, bad shore. One guy up in North Adams found some icebutb it was IFY.I have been on this type of ice and cannot tell you the feeling you get when yourSpud goes though after 2 hits and your 50 yds from shore  30  ft water depth.I  have been ice fishing  since I was 10 yrs. old an d The Spud was made of th e rear axle of a 1938 Buick...,.That was 75 yrs. ago....I was out one day before the warm weather and  got a mess of perch 14" tops with a lot of small stuff...take care guys

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2024, 09:06 AM »
We'll see what we shall see.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:30 AM »
Here in the Ct. Valley there is no ice safe with out getting on with planks..sides are shot 9 mile/5 mile Chapin Ponds. Remenber YOU NEED 24hrs of below weather to build ice...warm temp in the day dont cut it. Ponds up in the Berks are open, bad shore. One guy up in North Adams found some icebutb it was IFY.I have been on this type of ice and cannot tell you the feeling you get when yourSpud goes though after 2 hits and your 50 yds from shore  30  ft water depth.I  have been ice fishing  since I was 10 yrs. old an d The Spud was made of th e rear axle of a 1938 Buick...,.That was 75 yrs. ago....I was out one day before the warm weather and  got a mess of perch 14" tops with a lot of small stuff...take care guys
I was out in the millbury area yesterday on 51/.2 to 6 " of good ive 90% solid black. I have never been thru knock on wood but this was walk on and walk off...no plank needed so many lakes in the berkshires are good.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline Ryan51993

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:37 AM »
The ponds you listed are the last ones to freeze. Get out of the city and you'll do better. I'm in the CT valley right on the CT border about 20 minutes directly south of you and I have good ice around me. I'd be on it right now if it it wasn't snowing.

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:12 PM »
I was out in the millbury area yesterday on 51/.2 to 6 " of good ive 90% solid black. I have never been thru knock on wood but this was walk on and walk off...no plank needed so many lakes in the berkshires are good.
[/u must measure your piece with the same  tape measure .

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2024, 11:09 PM »
Not sure what you meant but he was 100% accurate with measurements. 5" black 1" white .

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2024, 07:56 AM »
[/quot                                                           not sure what you are saying either but as you can see Bassquatch was on the same ice and he also measured 5 black and 1 white. If you don't like my post scrool on by, no reason to be an ahole. Nobody wants to hear it. So many of the great guys that were on here when I started have stopped because of aholes like you
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2024, 09:44 AM »
I haven't ice fished in Mass. in years. Not like it used to be.
                               BJ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.