Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 431483 times)

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #1140 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:54 AM »
Farmers doesn't loo good.  There is a lot of water on tip of the ice.  Call Dan at the Crazy Minnow for a report he was out yesterday.  641+357+2248

Offline hndaugr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1141 on: Feb 05, 2011, 09:27 AM »
Went on at Macintosh. From 4:15 to 5:30 caught 20 Yellows and 1 short eye.Really appreciate someone plowed a path over towards the weed bed. Wasn"t much put it sure helped me out.Thanks again. When I left at 6 saw some water on the ice by the park to the north of the ice road :o
Fish for fun, not for keeps. Keepers are a bonus!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1142 on: Feb 05, 2011, 12:28 PM »
I went thru that sippy hole at about 2 and there was quite a bit of water. When I left at 6 the water was even deeper pretty rough goin thru that just was kinda hopin there was ice under it.  When I got to the landing I noticed they plowed an alternate path around the water.  Haha oh well it made for an intresting fishing experience.  Good hole to test your trucks abilitys ;D

Offline c.r.rick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing and hunting ducks and bucks
« Reply #1143 on: Feb 05, 2011, 10:14 PM »
i think id stick with testing my trucks abilitys in mud on a level b road then on the ice cuz i hate swimming in cold water but dont mind getting muddy lol ;D
early to bed early to rise fish like h.e.l.l. and think up lies.

Offline jagerdog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yes ma'am, I can fish well too!!
« Reply #1144 on: Feb 05, 2011, 10:27 PM »
New(er) auger kicks butt!  A new fuel line and she took off like a scalded dog.  Fishing wasn't too hot, but I caught enough to eat.  I did break off a musky or a big cat.  Whatever it was, it showed no respect at all for 2lb Seagar.  Apparently, if you want to target Muskies on CL, tie on a #12 glow jig with 1/2 of a gulp smelt and just hold on.
Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand!

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1145 on: Feb 05, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Tested mine on Spirit today, only needed help once, my fault for not using the gas  ;D Ther than that one ooops made my own roads out a couple miles.

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1146 on: Feb 08, 2011, 01:39 PM »
Goona head out tomorrow just wondering where the hotspots are...gna drop my permie off for a few weeks. Been to busy to get it out earlier. Got a new toy so its been hard to get out there. I really wanna spend some time out on the lake. Just wonderin where the biting is good, and what type of bait everybody is using... any information will be helpful..is there roads plowed by dodges point and around the little lake?
Thanks for your help! Good luck everyone!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1147 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:47 PM »
If you head off the farmers beach ramp make sure you hang a right immediatly and use that path.  If you go straight your gonna drop thru and not be happy.  Seen it today wasnt very pretty. :-\

Offline Lotus Driver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1148 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:59 PM »
I saw that water straight off Farmers Beach last Saturday. Unfortunately I got stupid and decided to blaze a trail to the left, bad mistake, got stuck like never before :o!

If anyone from one of the group that stopped to help free me is on this board.......Thank You!!!!!!!!

Offline bus33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1149 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:11 PM »
I saw that water straight off Farmers Beach last Saturday. Unfortunately I got stupid and decided to blaze a trail to the left, bad mistake, got stuck like never before :o!

If anyone from one of the group that stopped to help free me is on this board.......Thank You!!!!!!!!

Are we talking open water? 

Offline Lotus Driver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1150 on: Feb 09, 2011, 06:48 PM »
What I saw Saturday was vehicle tracks for about 30 ft full of water. Don't know how deep they were and didn't want to find out. I went left but should have gone right.

Note to self; get lazy a** out of truck and scout things before deciding to blaze new trail.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1151 on: Feb 09, 2011, 11:43 PM »
Lotus was that you stuck in that blue f-150?

Offline bassfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1152 on: Feb 10, 2011, 07:33 AM »
I have tomorrow off of work and was thinking about heading to Clear Lake. I was curious where should a guy head to the big lake or Mcintosh? Is it a far walk if I fish the big lake from Farmers? Not looking for specifics just any general info and wondering if the yellows are biting. Thanks

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1153 on: Feb 10, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Theres a nice doublewide path going out from farmers even see a few cars out there.  Got 198 yellows in the past 9 days so theyve been biting pretty decent.  Set up in 10fow at the western fringes of farmers.

Offline Lotus Driver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1154 on: Feb 10, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Lotus was that you stuck in that blue f-150?

Black F150 Super Crew.

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1155 on: Feb 11, 2011, 02:02 AM »
Riding the snowmobile over to the lake this weekend for the snowmobile fest! Come check it out

Offline Bignate33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1156 on: Feb 11, 2011, 02:27 PM »
What is going on with snowmobiles?  It is going to be a pain for the fishing?  Was thinking of making a road trip up for fishing, but if there are going to be hundreds of sleds flying around, I may look for different water.
You can't go fishing and drink beer all day if you don't start first thing in the morning!

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1157 on: Feb 11, 2011, 03:43 PM »
I wouldn't worry about the sleds to much.  The DNR keep a close eye on them up there.  Same goes for those blasted jet skiers up there.  If they start harassing the fisherman the DNR put the smack down on them!

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1158 on: Feb 12, 2011, 01:43 AM »
LOL! Rode to the lake today. There were hundreds of snowmobiles on the lake. It was cooling seeing all the vintage sleds... Snowmobile races tomorrow on the little lake

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1159 on: Feb 14, 2011, 12:29 AM »
Anyone pulling houses yet? Going to be a warm week with lows well above freezing. Going to be sloppy :P

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1160 on: Feb 14, 2011, 05:26 PM »
High of 55 on Thursday.  Shes getting about that time boys.

Offline crappiiguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1161 on: Feb 14, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Time for the late ice bite to start...  We usually head up your way once our ice gets bad.   How much ice you have?

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1162 on: Feb 14, 2011, 09:33 PM »
There is 20 to 26 inches of ice on clear lake as of last weekend.

Offline ed4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1163 on: Feb 17, 2011, 06:41 PM »
We went to Farmers today around 1pm.  There was a river of water running down the shoulder of the gravel road from all the snow melt.  All the water was running straight onto the access and right down the plowed road going right and under the snow going left.  Couldnt tell where the edge of the ice was and there is ALOT of mud and sand washed up so we didnt brave going out.  There were a few other trucks out there thought.   One pulling a big Ice Castle shack got hung up pretty bad it looked like to the left of the main road about 75 yards out.  Not sure how there were gonna get off the ice but I dont think you could have at Farmers Access.

Macintosh didnt look to good either.  THere were alot more people fishing the little lake that must have dragged  on and a handful of trucks.

Offline nitro1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1164 on: Feb 17, 2011, 08:49 PM »
I saw it!!!!  Was there around 3:30, looked nasty!!! The Ice Castle was gone then, looked as tho they went west of the west plowed road out.  Still access over by the park in Ventura.  No need for an auger, alot of open holes to choose from. Nearing the end :-( :( :( :( :( :(

Offline corey2145

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1165 on: Feb 21, 2011, 05:36 PM »
any one have any luck last week end
 ???

Offline iowaicer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1166 on: Feb 22, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Tried fishing there for the first time ever. Stopped at the crazy minow for some advice before heading out. Fished morning and evening the 18th and 19th. Caught one yellow the whole time. Tried fishing by the pump house, and the small lake. Tried shallow water and deep. lots of lookers, no biters. Ice was great, should have several more weeks of fishing there. here in Des Moines I am done.

Offline hndaugr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1167 on: Feb 25, 2011, 09:03 AM »
Walked on little lake 3P.M. Thur. Good ice and better fishing. 15 yellow 3 cigars and 3 runt perch. Fast and furious from 4 to 5. No crowd either :o
Fish for fun, not for keeps. Keepers are a bonus!

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1168 on: Mar 01, 2011, 11:22 PM »
The fishing has picked up out on Farmers!  ;)

Offline Derek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1169 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:40 AM »
Is Farmers driveable or is everyone walking out?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.