Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 431497 times)

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #870 on: Feb 22, 2010, 08:19 PM »

Thank you guys very much for running the plows, i have a permie out on the the little lake and it's much appreciated!! i only have a two wheel drive so i rely alot on friends and family to be able to get some fishing in, or make the walk!!  Once again your services are much apprecitated, Thank You

Thanks from Pauls Fishing Guide and Dan at the Crazy Minnow.  Its not easy!! 

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #871 on: Feb 23, 2010, 09:25 AM »
(two cents)

While out of towners do bring in money to the community that doesnt give them the right to not observe proper ettiquette while on the ice.  If there is that much snow out there and only one path plowed dont fish in the path and dont park on it either, its common sense...  Man up, walk 10 feet and drill your hole.

For the guys plowing the paths keep up the good work!  You dont have to do it and it does cost you time and money to do so and as you can tell it is appreciated by many people.

I havent fished Clear Lake yet this year but i will probably fish it in the next weekend or two and i will thank you in advance for having a path plowed out onto the ice.  Thanks!  :tipup:

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #872 on: Feb 23, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Hi !  I'm an "outoftowner".
 I want to say THANKS to those who plowed roads on Clear Lake !
I stopped by this past Sunday and spent some time on the ice.

I did NOT set up on the roads. ->   Common sense says " Roads are for access , not fishing."
I did NOT leave any trash.       ->   Trashy people live trashy lives.
I did NOT take any fish.           ->  Fished during the worst time of the day.
I DID get a report from a local before driving on....   THANKS !

Please don't lump me into an unsportsmanlike group just because I'm an "outoftowner".

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline hndaugr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #873 on: Feb 23, 2010, 08:15 PM »
 :thumbsup: I'm with you .I go there to. I enjoy it, bite or no bite. We all support that lake. I thought the lake was for everyone. The way some people sound the DNR should sell ice rights.
Fish for fun, not for keeps. Keepers are a bonus!

Offline coketeck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #874 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:13 PM »
Thank you plow people, thank you out of towners, now is anybody catchin fish? Yellows are around still. Thinkin of heading to Billies or back to gillmores this weekend. Had some luck at gillmores couple weeks ago. Any body been over there?

Offline bobracing32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #875 on: Feb 25, 2010, 12:58 PM »
any word on another extension?

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #876 on: Feb 25, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Should be extened to the 20th.  We pulled ours off tonight.

Offline bobracing32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #877 on: Feb 26, 2010, 08:23 AM »
you catch anyfish where you were at? The last move you made?

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #878 on: Feb 26, 2010, 02:44 PM »
worst year ever on cl

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #879 on: Mar 04, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Great day on the lake today.  1 perch and 25 nice yellows.  I put the perch back we all know that there isn't many left. 

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #880 on: Mar 10, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Go Go Yellows. This is great.  Lots of fish and no people. 

Offline rook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #881 on: Mar 11, 2010, 02:38 PM »
hows the ice holden out. thinkin of tryn it sat.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #882 on: Mar 11, 2010, 04:37 PM »
The ice is good but you will have to walk out.    6-7" of bad ice and 20"plus of good ice.   Post a report when your done sat.  thanks.

Offline EyesMan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • spent most my life fishn rest have been wasted
« Reply #883 on: Mar 12, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Anyone fishing and safe gettn out on the ice? If so where should a person try to catch some fish 1 last time for the kids to catch some ? Thinking of heading up in am if safe just alking out  ??? :icefish:

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #884 on: Mar 12, 2010, 08:44 PM »
Ive talked to 2 guys and they have got 300 yellows in the last 3 days.  If your looking to catch some fish go out from the ramp and look for fresh holes.  Drill 30 holes and start looking you will find some fish. 

Offline EyesMan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • spent most my life fishn rest have been wasted
« Reply #885 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:01 PM »
thats what we are lookin for thanks and possibly what ramp we thought about out by island?   :icefish: ;D

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #886 on: Mar 12, 2010, 10:19 PM »
No  fish in the little lake.  MacIntosh

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #887 on: Mar 14, 2010, 02:14 PM »
went out in the little lake this morning for 3 hours caught 120 yellows

Offline bassfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #888 on: Mar 15, 2010, 07:14 AM »
Nice catch!! Is there a lot of slop on top of the ice right now? My 10 year old is on spring break this week and thought about trying to catch some yellows. I have never ice fished for them before, any pointers?

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #889 on: Mar 15, 2010, 11:26 AM »
BassfishnHunt, I catch them on blugill and perch stuff. Basically a size 12 gold jig and 3-4 maggots. They are just a bycatch when I am fishing for perch and blugills but they bite readily.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #890 on: Mar 15, 2010, 01:41 PM »
The conditions are very good out there right now, just a little water get on after that your good. I would not wait the shore lines will get tough in the next 2 days.

I took my 8 year old out this morning we had a ball 115 yellows(he had at least 50) before 9:30. Between the other 4 guys fishing around us and our catch the total was 270!!!!!! It was a great time with a lot of laughs and jawing back and forth between my son and the other fellows.

We are using panfish jigs (gold, pink, char) with maggots( 3or4) in 8-10ft of water. The bite is very good from 7 to 9am. If you are not making fish move around.

Taking the boys back out tuesday for 1 last shot before heading to Red Wing with the boat.

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #891 on: Mar 16, 2010, 11:45 AM »
Took a group of kids out this morning for 3 hrs. They caught another 186 yellows and 1 crappie. Having a fish fry at noon to finish off the ice season. :'( :'( :'(  Anyone trying to go out from now on should be taking lifejackets and throw cushions. BE SAFE!!!!!!!  the ice is honey combed..

Offline bassfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #892 on: Mar 16, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Sounds like you had a blast. How much ice is left? I might try first thing in the morning by myself. Are you fishing the little lake, if you don't mind me asking?

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #893 on: Mar 16, 2010, 01:16 PM »
Around 2 ft of soft ice. Morning should be alright. Little Lake 8 to10ft, small jigs and maggots.

Offline bassfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #894 on: Mar 17, 2010, 08:25 PM »
well I made it out around 7:30 and saw everyone catching them but me :-\ I only had wax worms and the fish would charge up to get the jig about 3 foot and then not bite, but the guy 8 foot away from me caught about 30 in an hour and I had 1 and I was using the exact same jig except he had maggots??????? who knows, that's ice fishing for ya, I am going to try one more time tomorrow in the morning, will posts my results.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #895 on: Mar 17, 2010, 08:40 PM »
well I made it out around 7:30 and saw everyone catching them but me :-\ I only had wax worms and the fish would charge up to get the jig about 3 foot and then not bite, but the guy 8 foot away from me caught about 30 in an hour and I had 1 and I was using the exact same jig except he had maggots??????? who knows, that's ice fishing for ya, I am going to try one more time tomorrow in the morning, will posts my results.

Good Luck!  Try cut bait if the waxy don't work.

Offline bassfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #896 on: Mar 18, 2010, 12:07 PM »
 Well I made it out this morning and did better with the cut bait and some jigging spoons. Thanks for the tips, I will have to see if there will be any ice left next week and try again if the cold front doesn't shut them off

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #897 on: Mar 19, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Last Day.  26 yellows, 1 perch and 6 carp.  BYE BYE ICE!!!!

Offline bassfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #898 on: Mar 22, 2010, 07:04 AM »
 IAEYE, would a guy be able to still get out there this afternoon or tomorrow morning?

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #899 on: Mar 22, 2010, 08:14 PM »
IAEYE, would a guy be able to still get out there this afternoon or tomorrow morning?

There was 6 people out tonight.  I think the fishing is still good.  Be careful.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.