Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 431484 times)

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #660 on: Dec 17, 2009, 06:46 PM »
the mudpuddle   had    8-9  in of ice on is what i fished  on  to day

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #661 on: Dec 18, 2009, 01:04 PM »
I just got done cleaning yellows for an hr and a half.  Got 8-10 lbs of fillets  To bad it wasnt walleyes :(

Offline jerad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #662 on: Dec 18, 2009, 02:40 PM »
sounds like the yellows are biting good.  Mind if I ask what part of the lake you were fishing and how deep?

Offline jagerdog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yes ma'am, I can fish well too!!
« Reply #663 on: Dec 18, 2009, 08:59 PM »
I fished farmers tonight with the silver back goriila and his brother.  We caught a few yellows and a bunch of short walleyes.  I'll probably fish lake X tomorrow morning and hit the little lake for the night bite.  Gotta go clean a few fish and charge batteries.
Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #664 on: Dec 18, 2009, 09:13 PM »
They arent using the deep stuff at least not that ive observed.  We're set up in 10 fow in close proximity to "deeper" water. Put another hurt on em tonight got about 30-40 yellows.  Some walleyes that were so close to 14 it wasnt even funny the eyes were nice and plump if they came outta the river I woulda kept em.  People are starting to drive out also. My buddies brought their cars out tonight.  Seen a blazer out there also. 13inches of white ice where we were set up.  Imma wait a few more days for my rig.  Im pretty sure it should be a madhouse this weekend lots of people out tonight and still a few coming out as I left at 830.  Stay safe guys :tipup:

Offline jagerdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #665 on: Dec 18, 2009, 09:41 PM »
Finished cleaning fish.  It went fast, cause I didn't have many.  Not much in their gullets but a few grass shrimp and some blood worms.  The fish bit well and must have been hungry.  I caught most of the fish on wax worms, but got a few on power bait honey worms and gulp blood worms.  Walleyes seemed to prefer the wax worms.  2 flags, but got stripped, so it was probably yellows.  Tomorrow, I shall hammer them!

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #666 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:37 AM »
you in the small llake or  farmers beach ?

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #667 on: Dec 19, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Im fishing the little lake.  If that question was directed at me.

ATTENTION IOWA DNR if you read these forums.  Could you please put some of peoples hard earned dollars to work.  And clean out the Mcintosh ramp?  It'd take about 2 minutes of your time.  It baffles me why theyd plow everything in the park and not clean up the most used part of the park? ???  It would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Offline Big Blue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #668 on: Dec 19, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Crappiebuster it looks like your shack is right over the 28 ft hole in little lake?

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #669 on: Dec 19, 2009, 11:48 PM »
Whoever plowed out the ramp.  Thank you! all fishermen and women appreciate it. ;D

Offline Wally Lindner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #670 on: Dec 20, 2009, 04:59 AM »
Cigars, Cigarettes.  ::)  and Yellow basstards!

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #671 on: Dec 20, 2009, 07:56 AM »
drove my pick up out on the little lake yesterday   fishing was slow     did not stay   long and moved

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #672 on: Dec 20, 2009, 11:56 AM »
Yep yesterday was way way slow musta been the constant buzz of the power augers. And generators.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #673 on: Dec 20, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Yep yesterday was way way slow musta been the constant buzz of the power augers. And generators.

We cleaned 29 yellows last night and a good friend cleaned 34.  Lots of short walleyes.  I wish we could find some keepers.    All in the Little Lake!!

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #674 on: Dec 20, 2009, 08:11 PM »
The boy and I managed 23 yellows toniight along with 15 to 20 cigars. stayed away from the crowd. Crazy seeing those big trucks out there.

Offline coketeck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #675 on: Dec 20, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Hey luckydog. Hope to head over xmas week. As I am looking thru other posts if I hand you the camera I will only have the small fish in hand. Anyway have a safe truckin week and see you on the ice.

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #676 on: Dec 20, 2009, 09:05 PM »
haha I deserved that one for sure.. good luck out there.

Offline dragscreamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #677 on: Dec 20, 2009, 09:50 PM »
went out this morning about 6 fished til 5 tonight caught 200 yellows 2 whites and about 15 cigars that is the most yellows i've ever caught out there in one day i have the secret spot in 10 fow

Offline Wally Walleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #678 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:34 PM »
Does anybody rent ice shaks up there?   Need one for the night of Friday, Jan 8.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #679 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:15 AM »
pauls fishing guide has houses. 50 for 6 hrs. Heated and ready to fish call
6415292359 ask for kevan

Offline jagerdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #680 on: Dec 22, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Fished from 4 til 6 tonight and caught a bunch of yellows and small walleyes.  I marked a lot of fish that wouldn't bite.  I switched baits a lot and caught fish on wax worms, gulp, cut bait, minnows, and power bait.  Everything seemed to work, just not too well.  I'd guess I caught less than 25% of the fish I marked.  I tried everything from aggressive jigging to dead sticking, and again, it all worked, just not all that well.  I'd suspect a lot of the marked fish were walleyes, cause even the ones I caught were finicky.  I think I'll take tomorrow off, fry some fish, and catch up with the wife and kids.  I'm also going to tear into my vex cable, as it is giving me trouble.  10 years of abuse (and a mark that looks suspiciously like my labs baby molars)  have taken a toll.  Wish me luck, as a new one is $109.  Tight lines everyone.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #681 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:05 AM »
We pulled off last night.  Didnt wanna even take one chance of getting our beloved shack stranded out there.  The fishing was hot I pounded the yellows

Offline FISH-MITS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #682 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Hey buster u pull off with a black Dodge?
"Catch Em' While You Can"

Offline Wally Lindner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #683 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Has anyone caught a walleye between 14-20 inches?  Any yellows over 11 inches?  No response expected.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #684 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:35 PM »
I know of a few keepers caught plus one 29" Pig.  This fall the Carp fisherman seen good numbers of keeper Walleyes in there Nets so I hope we can find some soon.  I have caught a couple of Yellows over 11".  That is a big Yellow.  I would like to find some Crappies!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #685 on: Dec 24, 2009, 02:50 PM »
Yup I was in the black Dodge Ram my buddy had the Red F-150.  Its a wait and see thing.  Looks like we may come out alright?

Offline jagerdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #686 on: Dec 24, 2009, 08:28 PM »
I fished from 4 to 6 again  tonight and hammered the yelllows.  It was non stop for at least an hour.  I kept 21 (for luck) but must have been over 100 when I quit, and they were still biting.  The fish ran a little smaller and no walleyes, but they sure bit good.  For the last week I was probably less than 25% catching marked fish.  Tonight it was more like 95%.  They hit everything, but wax worms was best.  Came home and cooked the ones I got Wed.  Now it's time to clean the kitchen and clean fish again.  Merry Christmas everyone, and good fishing!

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #687 on: Dec 25, 2009, 11:14 AM »
The storm really turned the yellows on it seems.  I hope alot of people got their shacks off.  That rain and this up and coming wet heavy snow spells disaster for the ice. 

Offline rawfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you smell me cookn you know I'm catchn
« Reply #688 on: Dec 25, 2009, 02:17 PM »
looks like there was a red F250 on the little lake today. Guess the ice is safe.

Offline Bflatisbest

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #689 on: Dec 25, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Hello!

New here and glad I found the site. Im planning to make a very early trip up to Clear Lake tomorrow and a curious about this Little Lake. Is it possible I could get directions from anyone as to how to get there from Des Moines? I'd love to get some quality fishing in.

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.