Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 431483 times)

Offline Big Blue

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #630 on: Dec 10, 2009, 09:14 AM »
Holy cat fits it's cold out there! Has anybody drove past the lake yet, what does it look like out there?

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #631 on: Dec 10, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Headin over there in a few to see if it blew off or slushed up and froze into white ice.
Arctic armor check......
Ice spikes check.........
Wild turkey check........

Yup im ready!

Offline Big Blue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #632 on: Dec 10, 2009, 05:18 PM »
I drove past this afternoon. It looks like the middle turned to white ice. I see they moved the west aerator farther east. It's in between dodges and the island to the north.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #633 on: Dec 10, 2009, 05:43 PM »
 The little lake is ready I even seen a few snowmobile tracks out there.  Alotta the snow blew off.  There are some slushy spots that should turn into white ice.  I measured 4in of good ice off the grade about 75 yds.  Gonna hit the 24 ft hole tommorow morning.  Should be even better after -10 tonight.  Stay safe fellas shes gettin there. 8)

Bigblue: big blue froze over last night snow free!  should be out there soon

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #634 on: Dec 10, 2009, 06:23 PM »
Headin over there in a few to see if it blew off or slushed up and froze into white ice.
Arctic armor check......
Ice spikes check.........
Wild turkey check........

Yup im ready!

LOL! Leave that turkey home!!! NO GOOD!

Offline onemore

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • good boy
« Reply #635 on: Dec 10, 2009, 06:50 PM »

how many lakes have gone to spit and had to be drained because of yellow bass?  TOO MANY.  What needs to be done is everyone of those that comes out a hole taken out and I bet even then you still wouldn't notice a difference.  It would take years.  Just think how many eyes those fish eat.  You can jig a spoon as fast as you want and they come charging.  Just think about that.  Keep em all

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #636 on: Dec 11, 2009, 12:30 PM »
They were biting pretty steadily today.  Whites,Yellows,Eyes,Crappies the whole shabang.  Snowmobilers thought the ice was safe enough. :-\

Offline ToddK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #637 on: Dec 11, 2009, 01:21 PM »
I'm stuck down here in southern Iowa waiting for the bigger lakes to freeze up.  I am going to get the gear ready and head up there this weekend.   This will be a one time trip for me (due to the drive time) so if anybody has any advice it would be appreciated.  I am not looking to steal anybodys "honeyhole" just a point in the right direction would be appreciated to keep me from wondering aimlessly.   Send me a P.M.  if you can help out in anyway.  I have never been on the lake and am just looking for a good starting point.    thanks!

Offline BarbGoFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #638 on: Dec 11, 2009, 04:15 PM »
In past years find the Island and go a bit past it on the West Side 14"fow and good luck..... They seem to bite early and then at dark... I hope I can get up there this weekend...

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #639 on: Dec 11, 2009, 05:16 PM »
Id give the main lake a few days yet beings it froze over after the little lake. 

Offline Big Blue

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #641 on: Dec 12, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Went over to the little lake this morning found anywhere from 3-8 inches.  The fish didnt wanna cooperate tho.

Offline dragscreamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #642 on: Dec 13, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Went to the little lake lots of fish on the vexilars but only got six yellows and two cigar eyes

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #643 on: Dec 13, 2009, 09:50 PM »
HI everybody,

The 2 boys and I fished the little lake all weekend. Sat night we had 6 yellows and 6 small eyes in 11'. Sun. morning was A BUST 5 dinks. Now the fun fish story Sunday Night my older boy caught a 9 to 9.5 pounder walleye!!!!! Now, the SAD DAD story I took the picture before releasing Her but forgot to save the or hit the delete button. I felt terrible, but he was really cool about. Oh 1 yellow and 15 small eyes.

Offline icey kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #644 on: Dec 14, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Sounds like that must have been a blast! I would love to catch a walleye that big ice or not. Congrats

Offline Phish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #645 on: Dec 14, 2009, 04:57 PM »
HI everybody,

The 2 boys and I fished the little lake all weekend. Sat night we had 6 yellows and 6 small eyes in 11'. Sun. morning was A BUST 5 dinks. Now the fun fish story Sunday Night my older boy caught a 9 to 9.5 pounder walleye!!!!! Now, the SAD DAD story I took the picture before releasing Her but forgot to save the or hit the delete button. I felt terrible, but he was really cool about. Oh 1 yellow and 15 small eyes.

I applaud you for teaching your kids about c&r.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #646 on: Dec 15, 2009, 10:52 AM »
3  20+ inchers last night.  Not on clear lake though :laugh:

The house is going out tommorow afternoon.  Found 8 inches in most areas shes ready. :tipup:

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #647 on: Dec 16, 2009, 12:50 PM »
HI everybody,

I really hope this is true but it sounds like BS to me....  Blowing smoke??? :whistle:

Offline luckydog35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #648 on: Dec 16, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Thats my dads post but im the 15 year old boy who caught that walleye and its true there bud! My dad deleted the picture on my phone on accident but its alright it couldve happened to anyone.....i was thinking the walleye was about 10 pounds tho!

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #649 on: Dec 16, 2009, 06:09 PM »
 well i dont know whats  going go but i need to know   if i can go fishing   thursday    is the ice ok    8 in   and    may be drive on or rtv      from famer beach   or do i do little lake      any info  that is good   nothing eles  call me     641-210-5517     we are starting  out about 10 am      to try it    or should we just go to the   bar     and who has wax worms up there or do i need to get them before i leave    ect   let me know  thanks roberts

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #650 on: Dec 16, 2009, 06:14 PM »
crappy buster    give me a call   did you get the shack out to day ?
  what you think  to be safe  rtv or tuck    i need to know what to bring

Offline Big Blue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #651 on: Dec 16, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Here's a link you can copy and paste in your browser. It's the new map of Little Lake. They dredged some deep holes. Should be some good fishing this winter.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/fish/fishing/lakes/maps/cle17little.pdf

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #652 on: Dec 16, 2009, 07:07 PM »
Here's a link you can copy and paste in your browser. It's the new map of Little Lake. They dredged some deep holes. Should be some good fishing this winter.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/fish/fishing/lakes/maps/cle17little.pdf
what do you think go to go or what ??

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #653 on: Dec 16, 2009, 07:16 PM »
i see on a link  that are offing   guide  sevirce   on clear lake for ice fishing   i think like $200,00 a day   whats  with that     hell let the good old boy take them out for a day to remamber  we even clen fish   and help you eat them   lol  just a heads up    we all could do that

i think

Offline Big Blue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #654 on: Dec 16, 2009, 07:20 PM »
what do you think go to go or what ??
Yeah I would go. Try out them new holes in little.  The lake is good for yellows at sunrise and sunset.

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #655 on: Dec 16, 2009, 07:37 PM »
Thats my dads post but im the 15 year old boy who caught that walleye and its true there bud! My dad deleted the picture on my phone on accident but its alright it couldve happened to anyone.....i was thinking the walleye was about 10 pounds tho!
i hope you all had fun and i know  how it goes with the pics    thats what i use two of them  just in case but i am noy here  for  saying i got the big one    i just like to fish    like ever  one eles      keep your hook wet is all i can say

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #656 on: Dec 16, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Its pretty much all good for an atv and portable on the little lake.  We brought our house out today smack dab into a tough bite. When we were hooking up to bring the house out we talked to someone that drove their car out.  I wouldnt no matter how small it is.........The ice isnt very consistent.  Theres 10 inches of junk in some areas and 7 inches of good ice in other areas.  5 in others.  Be safe or wait another week.

Offline iowaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #657 on: Dec 17, 2009, 10:11 AM »
hey crappie buster, i think i talked to you tuesday night on clear lake either it was you or your buddy i was set up with another guy right by me east of you i believe. but how has the fishing been i think we ended up with twelve yellows that night. did you get your permie out yet, i am hoping i get my deer this weekend and we get enought ice to get ours out over christmas. where did you guys put it.  we defintatly should meet up some time and fish the hell out of that little lake and see if we can find them dang eyes. i am pretty excited to fish that little lake i love finding my own fish rather than go to the herds of people, i like when the herds of people come to me not lol. i did notice something interesting walking off the lake tuesday i had my lantern on and i got up in the shallow water by the reeds and i could see fish everywhere through the ice i mean they were every where everything from yellows walleyes and crappie it was pretty neat if it wouldnt of so damn cold i would of tried fishing it with out the shack. i tried silver lake yesterday pretty slow i caught 6 big perch but i caught tons that were about 3 inches the biggest i caught was 11. well i am planning on going out tonight to clear lake maybe see ya around. if ya get a hot bite my number is 7122980359 if you get me your number ill give ya a shout to if i find em

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #658 on: Dec 17, 2009, 05:53 PM »
went and fished the big MUD PUDDEL TO DAY 

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #659 on: Dec 17, 2009, 05:59 PM »
opps it got messed up and on the BIG MUDDPUDDLE  it was verry   slow  fish water   that was 15-10     had wax worms   cut bait   minnoes     auto jiggig poles    still fish   cut about 20 holes to day    only marked  one fish   got it to bit    but soft mouthed  but had fun got to try out all of the stuff and learned  about my flasher    that was fun   had other people   that move out a lot father than me     thay did not even get a bit   12 ft water   -14    so   west is not the way to go  i think east is    di talk with two guts coming off from farmers beach this moring about 10 am  thay had two yellows   is all   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.