New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sold on maki plastic  (Read 17105 times)

Offline lumpy

• IceShanty Rookie
sold on maki plastic
« on: Jan 21, 2011, 03:04 PM »
 :thumbsup: I have been ice fishing over 40 years I just got home from silver lake 1st time using plastics brother next to me in 2 man using live bait by the end of the day he was using plastic!!! I'm going to be using a lot more plastic from now on.
was local 13 retired now fishing

Offline northernmaddness

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: sold on maki plastic
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2011, 03:52 PM »
what were you catching?

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2011, 03:58 PM »
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Fun, ain't it?    ;D
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline iceman_phil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:37 PM »
This is my first year using plastics with any regularity and I really haven't found that live bait outfishes plastics....Plastics are less fussing around when the bite is on.....Lots of time is saved not having to re-bait.

Phil

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:47 PM »
who carries maki plstics i am in rochester any ideas would love to go to plastics over live bait. is it similar to berkley. any info appreciated

Offline ChautauquaDawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Not sure if I'm allowed to link to them here as they are not a sponsor. Just google them.Very fast shipping!  I also will vouch for these guys. Great micro plastics!

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:11 PM »
i will do that thank you

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:31 PM »
who carries maki plstics i am in rochester any ideas would love to go to plastics over live bait. is it similar to berkley. any info appreciated
There are no retail oufits in your area so it's best to go directly to the website !      www.makiplastic.com

Watch the videos on rigging and the actual fishing footage and you'll get a great idea of how hot plastics are !
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:37 PM »
i believe ya gamma i just have never seen them before but have heard about them from u guys on the IS i love your guys talk and try to learn for your guys experience THANK YOU

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:49 PM »
I just checked out their site.  They look cool.  They have a ton of different ones.  Which ones were you using and what were you catching on them

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:59 PM »
have never used them beofore but the price of moussies have gone through the roof this this year which is what i usually so i was looking for some alternatives THANKS FELLAS

Offline lumpy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2011, 07:08 PM »
what were you catching?
blue gills bigger ones on the plastics
was local 13 retired now fishing

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2011, 07:47 PM »
I just checked out their site.  They look cool.  They have a ton of different ones.  Which ones were you using and what were you catching on them

They all work, lol!
I have been lucky enough to test and use all his plastics since Scott made his first mold... and if I had to chose one it would be the original Maki. They are my go-to, rigged either horizontal or verticle.
The "toi" designed by Gamma is another of my favorites along with the Spiki, Stoni, Shrimpi, and the Milli. The Butti is going to be an open water killer also.  ;D

I tend to use alot of natural/darker colors or white...

Offline gill catcher13126

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2011, 08:20 PM »
omg i love that video exspeacilly when the largemouth took the jig i just love watchn how fast they fly up.
if there there ill catch em

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:42 PM »
Gill favorite for me has been the Buggi this year, with the Mini Draggi and original Maki close by.    The Mousi has been good for me for deep perch until I started using a bait I started to hand pour myself this year.   Those aren't for sale though   ;)
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline icemantwo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:58 PM »
Welcome to the club.  Plastics are awesome.
A day without fishing is a day wasted.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:11 PM »
Gill favorite for me has been the Buggi this year, with the Mini Draggi and original Maki close by.    The Mousi has been good for me for deep perch until I started using a bait I started to hand pour myself this year.   Those aren't for sale though   ;)

haha well maybe we could get togethor  and fish and you could get me hooked on plastics cuz i never really used them before

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:29 PM »
haha well maybe we could get togethor  and fish and you could get me hooked on plastics cuz i never really used them before
He lives on the other end of the state but if you want a little inside info on the art of using plastics, I live a lot closer to you  :whistle: :whistle:

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:59 PM »
He lives on the other end of the state but if you want a little inside info on the art of using plastics, I live a lot closer to you  :whistle: :whistle:

really gamma were you from? and yea we could get out and maybe i could learn sum new things  :icefish: :thumbsup:

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2011, 12:01 AM »
Plastics truly are the new age in ice fishing technology in my opinion, and I 100% think Maki's have done their research, and have become the foremost leader in the ice industry, with innovation, action, quality and versatility.etc. I have just started utilizing plastics towards the end of last ice season, and it has taken me quite a bit of will power to transition, and I still go back and forth from live bait to plastics. One thing I can say about all the plastics I've used so far is...Quality of fish has been better, The plastics last longer, have better action, and bring in bigger fish when used properly. With spikes or waxies.... ya tend to have to "re-bait" every couple of fish...perch are the worse. With plastics, they last way longer, and actually add action to your jiggin methods. Maki, has various scents also, that act as attractants, and there is glow plastics out there also. Humble guy that he is some times. If you guys truly are interested in working and figuring out plastics....ask the Ol' Gamma....he really does know his stuff, when it comes to tackle and gear...especially ice fishing. Trust FM on this. ;)

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2011, 12:22 AM »
really gamma were you from? and yea we could get out and maybe i could learn sum new things  :icefish: :thumbsup:
I'm nationwide ! ;D    Liverpool actually so I'm pretty centrally located !

We haven't gotten confirmation yet but a Maki Plastics seminar was sceduled for Saturday Jan 29th at the Cicero Gander Mountain store but we're not sure it's going to happen yet.    Seems they're doing a bit of employee/managment shuffling at the present time and they haven't gotten back to Maki yet.
   I'll keep you posted either way.

After this cold snap/blizzard, if you want to meet up somewhere whether on the ice or at a local Tim Hortons / Dunkin Donut ;) ;) ;D , I can show you around the ins and outs of fishing plastics through the ice ! ;) ;)

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2011, 12:25 AM »
Plastics truly are the new age in ice fishing technology in my opinion, and I 100% think Maki's have done their research, and have become the foremost leader in the ice industry, with innovation, action, quality and versatility.etc. I have just started utilizing plastics towards the end of last ice season, and it has taken me quite a bit of will power to transition, and I still go back and forth from live bait to plastics. One thing I can say about all the plastics I've used so far is...Quality of fish has been better, The plastics last longer, have better action, and bring in bigger fish when used properly. With spikes or waxies.... ya tend to have to "re-bait" every couple of fish...perch are the worse. With plastics, they last way longer, and actually add action to your jiggin methods. Maki, has various scents also, that act as attractants, and there is glow plastics out there also. Humble guy that he is some times. If you guys truly are interested in working and figuring out plastics....ask the Ol' Gamma....he really does know his stuff, when it comes to tackle and gear...especially ice fishing. Trust FM on this. ;)
Awwww......you're making me blush again ! :blink: :blink: :unsure: :unsure: :whistle: :whistle: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2011, 01:23 AM »
Old reprobates don't blush!

:-[

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 22, 2011, 01:51 AM »
We have used plastics for at least fifteen years, and watched as the lures keep getting better and better.  IMO, for the last five years, or so, there is no way you can outfish plastics with bait;  lake trout, inconnu, whitefish, burbot, and pike hit them hard!

These are the pan fish.  Slot limit up here, must release all fish between 30 and 41 inches.

Ted

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jan 22, 2011, 03:19 AM »
Old reprobates don't blush!

:-[

RG
Who asked you ?  ;D ;D

Offline no3steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:07 AM »
After reading all this and watching the vid i just ordered the kit   ;D
Bruce

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:23 AM »
After reading all this and watching the vid i just ordered the kit   ;D
The "Pro Pack" is a great starter kit to get youself familair with plastic baits !    You'll get a generous mix of many of the popular baits/colors and the great little box that they come in !

My suggestion, when you get your Pro Pack, is to try the "Poli" first !   Rig is as per the video shows and post your results when you get back home ! ;) ;)

Offline INJUN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 23, 2011, 07:14 AM »
Only took 2 days to ship my pro pack.
Used it yesterday for a change up.
Very surprised on the action and durability - fantastic.
Mousi is still on my macho lure.
Great to have in your tackle box. :icefish:

Offline FingerLakesFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 23, 2011, 07:33 AM »
Came close to out fishing me ;D

Offline no3steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2011, 05:22 AM »
My suggestion, when you get your Pro Pack, is to try the "Poli" first !   Rig is as per the video shows and post your results when you get back home !

Thanks for the hint :) I will let you know how they do  ;)
Bruce

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.