New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Tupper Lake  (Read 1542 times)

Offline PSC13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tupper Lake
« on: Feb 19, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Looking to fish tupper lake just wondering where the best spot to access is. Has anyone had luck with trout or walleyes in here?

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tupper Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2015, 08:36 PM »
there is a state launch just north of Red Top Inn. it will be on the left side of Rt 30. Red Top Inn also has bait and Jay will let you know of some spots to try.

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2015, 09:10 PM »
The guy at the Red Top is pretty good about sharing information if you get some bait there.  You can access the lake right across from his place, I believe.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2015, 04:09 AM »
I have fished tupper lake & stayed at the red top inn, we went right out on lake across the road …I caught fish on both
north & south ends of the lake … there is another access on the south end of the lake with a little parking area… :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2015, 09:44 AM »
Can be a very slow lake to say the least. But if you can stand sitting on the ice for 8 hrs and only get one flag. Then it's the lake for you.

Offline Big Tupper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2015, 12:44 PM »
Just do not go out there blind, there is a winding current that goes from Moody Bridge and weaves its way out in close proximity to the state launch and back along the cliffs and eventually under Underwood bridge, and the south side of the lake can get sketchy near where the bog river is. Unless your going for gators (pike) not too many walleyes caught on Lake Simon or in the flats in front of Mcdonalds. Plenty of action on the big lake.

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2015, 12:48 PM »
ask  red top inn about rock island bay the rocks out from it
was good look for buoy will drop to about 20ft likes black
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline PSC13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2015, 05:48 PM »
I'm used to fishing the dead sea so it can't be worse than that at times! Thanks for the input everyone!

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2015, 07:24 AM »
It's all 20 ft at the south end. And not sure why big tupper said simon pond isn't good for walleyes. We catch more eyes on simon pond than anywhere else. Just go to the back bay

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2015, 07:48 PM »
adkman, if that is true with this last tourney there how come I didn't hear of one walleye being pulled out with over 900 fisherman. I would love to get into so eyes. Limited with what I can walk to now snow is deep but early in year I have walked miles to get to spots and gave up on tupper,raquette pond, and simon all together.

Offline adkiceman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2015, 04:57 AM »
Because a: most people fish the shallow weeds during the derby and b: most pike fisherman aren't rigged right for finicky walleye. I mean..... Crap, Nevermind, no walleye here  :P
I’m feeling alright, I’m feeling ooooookay! - moe.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2015, 05:46 AM »
adkman, if that is true with this last tourney there how come I didn't hear of one walleye being pulled out with over 900 fisherman. I would love to get into so eyes. Limited with what I can walk to now snow is deep but early in year I have walked miles to get to spots and gave up on tupper,raquette pond, and simon all together.

Because your not gonna get a lot of walleyes with larger baita, steel leaders, bigger hooks. Your also not gonna get many mid day walleyes. Daylight, dark.

Offline PSC13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2015, 04:56 PM »
I fished the northern challenge last year and watched a guy pull a 26inch eye out of Simon pond. He was cursing because it wasn't a pike haha.

Offline adkiceman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2015, 01:07 AM »
Because your not gonna get a lot of walleyes with larger baita, steel leaders, bigger hooks. Your also not gonna get many mid day walleyes. Daylight, dark.

Well said
I’m feeling alright, I’m feeling ooooookay! - moe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.