Author Topic: ION replacement blades  (Read 857 times)

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
ION replacement blades
« on: Oct 18, 2018, 12:55 PM »
Hey last season some one posted an alternative blade to the ION expensive replacements.. Anyone remember that thread.. I think it was Mora blades but there was something about the holes not matching or something..

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ION replacement blades
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2018, 02:35 PM »
Hey last season some one posted an alternative blade to the ION expensive replacements.. Anyone remember that thread.. I think it was Mora blades but there was something about the holes not matching or something..

If you have a mora you can use the extension and put the whole mora flute onto the ion using the extension.  They are both shaver blades so I'd imagine if the mounting holes line up the blades should work.  The blades on the ion are the worst part of the auger.  I'm on my 5th pair on the 2nd generation Ion.  If you hit any type of dirty ice you will need new blades.
westernmas on the finder

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2018, 10:17 PM »
I have not had a durability issue yet however when I went to buy a backup pair last year they were unavailable.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2018, 04:52 AM »
I have not had a durability issue yet however when I went to buy a backup pair last year they were unavailable.

Jason got some.from above sponsor. Put my new spare blades on last night and put newer extra spare in tackle bag for emergency.  Strike now on the blades everyone has them now.
Salmonemia

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2018, 07:25 AM »

Jason got some.from above sponsor. Put my new spare blades on last night and put newer extra spare in tackle bag for emergency.  Strike now on the blades everyone has them now.

Done!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2018, 12:33 PM »
good job they are hard to find mid season. I keep extra just in case. This is the 1st season I have had to change them. A word of caution the blade screws are very tight, took a while to swap out in the comfort of home hopefully wont need to swap out on the ice; it could be a challenge.
Salmonemia

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2018, 04:21 PM »
I have both new and sharpened 8” and new 6” spares...I’m good for a while!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2018, 08:23 AM »
Watch out don't over tighten them. I broke two blades last year because I over tightened them.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Watch out don't over tighten them. I broke two blades last year because I over tightened them.

I put a drop of blue loctite on the threads then just snug them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.