Author Topic: Blue Pike Pictures?  (Read 7192 times)

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
Blue Pike Pictures?
« on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:12 PM »
Anyone have a picture of a blue pike? I remember there was a pic on last year but i cant seem to find it ???

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: Blue Pike Pictures?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2006, 11:11 AM »
I think Grump has one? :-\ er maybe a blue burbot?
TEAM ALASKA

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2006, 12:54 PM »

found this pic on Google Image Search

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2006, 08:42 AM »
I thought blue pike were extinked years ago?  This picture seems too recent if that is the case.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Check out www.nativefish.org/bluepike.  There is a $500 dollar reward for and actual authentic blue pike.  From the sites I have read, there are not any confirmed actual authentic blue pike around.   

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2006, 12:55 PM »

I thought the same thing Gambell, I think archbishop had a couple walleye posted and a few posts suggested they maybe Blue's. From what I've found, they are considered extinct, but look at the cylocanths(spelling?). Would be nice to see that there is a population somewhere. There is a frozen speciemen somewhere in the state.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2006, 03:50 PM »
I read a web site that said that frozen one was from a female blue pike and a male walleye. 

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2006, 05:06 AM »
I have posted this before but here it is again. A 20 pounder I caught out of Ft. Peck last year. Very odd coloration or lack thereof to say the least.
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2006, 02:25 PM »
That is not the blue pike we are talking about.  The blue pike we are talking about (the real blue pike) looks like a walleye. 

grumpymoe

« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2006, 03:14 PM »
Blue pickerel or blue walleye is generally accepted as being extinct....IceTroll... .your beauty pike is referred to as a SilverPike due to the non-typical markings and the silver hues.....It would be interesting if you could post the measurements and weight of that monster.....not too sure, but I believe the world record may be quite abit under the size of the one you caught and snapped pics of.....Grump :o

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2006, 09:40 PM »

That's definitly a hawg pike, never seen a live silver either around my parts. How about you Gambell, we're at alot of the the same ponds? Nice fish!  :tipup:

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2006, 10:13 PM »
Grump,
She missed 20 lbs by 3 ounces. I really am not certain on length but my experience with fish that size puts her length between 40 & 46 inches. I was more concerned with letting her go because it was really cold that morning and I did not want her eyes to freeze. Therefore I did not take the time to measure her. The weight came from a proven accurate digital scale. I really hate killing fish that size or bigger. If it turns out she would have been some kind of record, I still have no regrets. I still would hate killing such a magnificant fish. Thanks for the clarification on this fish (first out of hundreds caught that I have ever seen) as well as what you are talking about as far as blue pike are concerned. I have seen walleyes in tons of difference shades and colorations (they seem to vary from body of water to body of water) but nothing like what you guys describe.
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline burly101

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm not an icehole, but I have a buddy who is.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2006, 10:36 AM »
That is an awesome silver. Never caught one but I had one at the side of the boat when it got off. Glad I had a witness the fish was stunned at the side of the boat momentarily then took off. It was in south eastern/central Michigan. Once again nice catch and release.

Offline nalegtx

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • HARDCORE!!!...
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2006, 12:11 AM »
last year at Sabattus pond my buddy caught a pike with bright blue mouth, and jaw and a little blue in the belly .
" Can't get there from here...no......"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.