Author Topic: adkRoy's fishing pics (last trip of the season pg 5 updated 3/27/06)  (Read 13830 times)

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
AdkRoy,
It looks like you had a great day on the ice. :)  Once again thanks for the invite I definitely missed out. :-[ Next time

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Nice pics, nice dark lakers!
Robb :tipup:

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
Nice pics!!Looks like you guys had a field day up there,thanks for sharing. :tipup: :tipup:
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Offline vttroutman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
adkRoy, those are some nice laker pictures. Nice job. Thats nice to hear that you catch and release. I too like to take lots of pictures of my lake trout and let them go. In some of those pictures, it looks like the fish are bleeding. If thats the case, I would just cut the line and let them go without taking them out of the water. I have learned the hard way that (especially on cold days) some of those fish dont make it, mostly the ones that swallow the hook.  Good luck on your next trip.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
It was weird the trout who got hooked in the tounge were the only ones to bleed, all others were fine.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
Nice pics. Roy. It's great that you're able to share the fun with family. I would really like to try fishing the lakers sometime. Probably my closest bet is Owasco on a year when it's got safe ice(about an hour and a half from home). Good luck to you and be safe if you can get back out this weekend. ;)WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Slayed' em....WTG!
Andrew

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
nice pics Roy, Im sure we'll get into some more this weekend!  :tipup:

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Iceenut and his son, Robb and his friend Mike, Ozzy and his father and uncle, and I all met up on Piseco Lake for one last weekend of icefishing. It was a wacky day. When I left home at 4 in the morning it was raining but by the time I got to Wells it was snowing. Here's a nice picture of the mountain overlooking Piseco.

It would snow, then rain, then sun would come out and warm things up and then snow again. Iceenut's son Jake out fished all of us. Here's some of his lakers he caught.

I managed to land 6 lakers 5 on tip-ups and 1 jigging (thanks for the use of the vex Robb)

Here's Robb's friend mike with a nice laker.

I ended up leaving at 4:30 because the wind really picked up and blew my shappell over and this dark cloud was coming at me and it brought rain which switched over to a heavy snow.

Robb, I'm sorry, somehow I didn't get any pictures of your lakers.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: adkRoy's fishing pics (last trip of the season updated 3/27/06)
« Reply #69 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:54 PM »
Great Lakers. Looks like the Ice is holding up pretty decent :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:14 PM »
Nice fish guys...That little guy is gonna be a sharpie before ya know it....theres a lot of ice in some places but I think we are winding down and gettin fired up for the open water....I got another couple in me but thats only cuz im gonna keep fishing the same holes I have had drilled since saturday  ;D

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
« Reply #71 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Awesome pics Roy,thanks again,and if we don't get out for soft-water action I'll see ya next ice,take it easy. :tipup:
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #72 on: Mar 29, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Thank you all for your kind comments on my photos. I really like the digital camera I received for Christmas. It takes nice pictures. I also have to thank my brother and dad for helping me take photographs and for being my best fishing buddies. Finally I have to thank all of you who posted their pictures too. Those pictures helped get me through some long days at work. ;D

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
adkRoy...you did a good job...Your pics. were great... you just need to learn a little more about how to size them so they don't take so long for the rest of us to view...just my .02........WK ;)
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I size them at width=400 so that I can put 2 pictures side by side and that they don't take forever to download. Sorry they take so long for you. :(

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
Looks like a fun outing with a lot of fish. Nice area over there. I'd be heading back too if the sky was turning black like that last picture.

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
adkRoy...you did a good job...Your pix were great... you just need to learn a little more about how to size them so they don't take so long for the rest of us to view...just my .02........WK ;)
adkRoy...looking back on your pics....you did a great job...I must have had you confused with someone else...I can see how you sized your pics. to put two of them together in a side by side frame setting. sorry for the criticism.  :-[WK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.