Author Topic: Shappell Help, Please, Fellas  (Read 2195 times)

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
Shappell Help, Please, Fellas
« on: Dec 08, 2005, 10:14 PM »
I'm finally going to break down and buy a shanty. I'm looking at the fish trap pro and the Shappell Rover 1.5. I'm leaning toward the Shappell, but am wondering about the "removable" windows and the durability and pull-ability of the sled. Also where in the H377 can a guy find one in Indiana for a decent price? Thanks in advance to any one who has a shappell (other than and including Jigmup) and wants to help out a fellow ice dork. By the way I hear the ice is still scary in Koskiosko county ( even on small lakes) and the snow ain't helpin'. Be safe and stay alive.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shappell Help, Please, Fellas
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2005, 07:10 AM »
other than Jigmup? Me? What do ya mean? Did I do something to offend you? I'm sorry if so. I don't own a Shappell any way. I am confused though as why you would single me out. ???
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2005, 07:17 AM »
I have fished out of the 1.0 Rover for three years now and like it very much. The windows in mine aren't replaceable, but they haven't been a problem yet. Ive had it out it some extreme cold and they still seem flexible.  The sled pulls easy in snow and has plenty of storage room. I like the extra room the 1.5 advertises, I think it would be nice to have those extra inches. Id give this shanty two thumbs up. A site that i have used is www.fish307.com good quick service.

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2005, 07:52 AM »
Sorry, Jigmup, I got you and Jigginstick confused. I knew one you Jig-a-somethin's fished out of a rover. If you read my post again it says other than and including... and as far as you upsetting me I was pretty damn jealous when you caught that monster walleye out of the Res. last year, but I've learned to deal with it. Now that was you wasn't it? ;D
 Now Mr. Jigginstick, thanks for the reply. One more thing are those windows velcro or i.e. easy to take on and off.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2005, 09:23 AM »
The 1.0 isnt i dont know bout the 1.5

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Oh, Ok. Cool then. I would certainly try to not make another ice fisherman mad at me. Now Sail boaters....thats another story!
Yeah It was me with the pig walleye, but thats last year......now I have to find a new walleye hole. It looks as if Prairie Creek is gonna be done for. I'm thinking I'm gonna be on Maxinkuckee quite a bit.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2005, 11:27 AM »
I just bought a 1.5 rover, I'm still putting it together. This should pull almost as good as the rover, it has the same sled but weights 25# more. IMO Shapell makes a much better shanty than the fish traps.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Matter of opinion Fishdaddy............. ...Fish Traps are good huts,its all in what ya like

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Ya I'm with the pimple about the fish traps being good huts. Just because I fish out of a Rover I'm not at all thinking its the only one thats any good. I think that the traps might be built a little sturdier than the rovers, but with the heavier materials comes the extra weight it all in what you like. They both will help ya stay Mobile and comfortable.

Offline jhc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2005, 12:24 AM »

I have a Shappell and a Clam shanty,but I must admit,I Love my Clam.....

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2005, 08:25 AM »
Today's the day. Any final imput before I buy me my ice mobile would be greatly appreciated. I'm headed to Muncie to cut some holes and will probably buy the pro at Gander on my way home. Since I don't know where to find a 1.5. Thank for the 411. Good luck and don't die out there.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline northchain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Munskyman,  If you are still interested in the Rover, you can probably find it by going to Shappell's web site, www.shappell.com.  They have a list of sales reps.  I contacted the local rep, and he told me the nearest place to see one set up, and told me of other retailers and bait shops who could order it.  I bought a 2.0 DX from Heinemans Taxidermy & Bait in Coldwater.  They had to order it and it was delivered from the wholesaler in Angola, IN the next day.  Price was the best I had seen listed anywhere.

Good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.