Author Topic: wawasee ????  (Read 1482 times)

Offline baboiler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Green Hornet Strikes Again!!
wawasee ????
« on: Dec 02, 2005, 05:46 PM »
Do any of you guys know of places to get onto Wawasee other than the public ramp , gardens , or north channel(Johnsons Bay)? I'd like to spend more time fishing up there but thats a lot of water (and walking) to cover from just a couple access points. I'm looking for something I'll be able to come back and find my truck where I left it , not at the impound lot  ;)
Hail, Hail to Old Purdue, Ever grateful ever true!  Boiler Up!

Offline ole green moe

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Offical Member of Fisherman Against Penguins
Re: wawasee ????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Just go ahead and drive your truck out on the lake. Youv'e got insurance don't you.
Northern Indiana---Where men are men, and Penguins run scared!!!!

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2005, 06:39 PM »
other than the spots you've mentioned, the rest of the lakeshore is basically covered with Homes.... You're gonna have to get to know the folks who live on the lake... Pick one about ever mile or so all the way around the lake, Knock on the door, and introduce yourself as their new best friend......Or get that atv ya know you've been wanting.
Carp

Offline baboiler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Green Hornet Strikes Again!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2005, 07:38 PM »
The ATV is in the future , just not the immediate future. I know an old "dog" that I hitch a ride from quite a bit. That is the only way to fish a lake the size of Wawasee. I thought maybe someone knew of a couple places to get on that I didn't. I guess unless Santa leaves a 4 wheeler under the tree in a couple weeks I'll just walk as much of it as I can. Thats fine too !! Just make ice baby !!
Hail, Hail to Old Purdue, Ever grateful ever true!  Boiler Up!

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:11 AM »
The old Panfishermen of Marion have been fishing Wawasee out of their boats as of Saturday 12/3/05.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.