Author Topic: Spring Break Fishing Pics  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Spring Break Fishing Pics
« on: Apr 03, 2006, 02:37 AM »
Well Spring break up here wa alot of fun especially with all the snow. It feels a whole lot more like winter now then it did over Christmas. Oh well straight to the report.

Monday after noon I headed out to Garner lake and we just fished there for the evening and managed to catch some perch. Although the fishing was extremely slow and it seems they aren't moving into the area until late. Here is what the catch looked like Monday and they sure tasted good that night.

Then Tuesday morning we headed to Pinehurst lake and it looked like a great day. Got to the lake and found a whole lot of snow which made driving a little difficult. Got stuck once and had to dig out.

We made it over to our spot and started fishing just after 11 am and right after Grandpa set up his first tip-up it was going off and he got a small pike. I finished setting up my first one then was setting up my second and the flag on the first went off. Ended up pulling in this 10.3 lb northern pike.

Nice way to start off the day but that was it for my day in the first ten minutes. I had a bunch of flags and lost a few fish but it just wasn't my day for numbers. Grandpa caught more than me the first day and some guys beside us got a 20 lb pike. A wind was blowing from the North West.

One of the last flags of the day made for and excellent pic.

And a great Alberta sunset.

Then Wednesday we headed back to the Pinehurst and we were faced with a wind from the east. Guess what... fishing was great! Grandpas biggest for the day was 11.5 lb northern pike.

Mine was a 10lb northern and it was my last fish of the day instead of the first the day before.

Also caught this 6 or 7 pound burbot.

And this is a good example of a few of the other 10 pike I caught that day.

So in summary.

I tossed this guy back after someone left him on the ice... I think he was happy to see me.

Then Garner Thursday morning only got one perch and two walleye.

After a days fishing at Yettna and Garner we finished up with this... it was pretty slow. Only caught four pike, a couple walleye and about 30 perch all day at both lakes.

My Grandpa is building a fishing shack and I thouhgt I would show you guys.

He made his stove out of a propane bottle which I thought looked pretty neat.

Well that is it for my Canadian Holiday at the lake.

Monday its back to California. Hope you guys enjoyed the pics and story. I'll be posting a video after I get back down from this week.

Brandon
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

camo_fish

Re: Spring Break Fishing Pics
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2006, 03:34 AM »
very nice pictures, and thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup: There isn't anymore ice here locally in NY, nice to see some ice fishing pictures, but it is time for the boat and open water.  ;) Still, those are some awesome pictures and fish. To good times on the ice, till next year.  :clap: :thumbsup: WTG

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2006, 06:28 AM »
Great pictures. Those fish have beautiful markings. I think it's great that you can go icefishing with your grandfather. I love the shanty.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2006, 11:47 AM »
I'm speechless :)  Great bunch of fishy pics. I am glad someone throws the Burbots back and that shack looks like a mini version of a house :) I am really impressed WTG  :clap: :thumbsup:
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

PIKEGUY

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2006, 01:09 PM »
Wow Brandon! Lots of great fish and plenty of snow. Looks like the perfect way to spend spring break! ;)

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2006, 10:10 PM »
Thats a heck of a way to spend a spring break and end the season. 

that is one cool looking ice house.   :o

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

perch@pans

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2006, 11:02 PM »
First off how wonderfull you can icefish with your grandfather ,let alone with great fish to boot. That shanty is AWSOME ,you can definately see the care and precision in the construction . What a great sping break!!!!

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2006, 11:25 AM »
Nice fish!!  That shanty is really neat!!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2006, 08:35 AM »
WTG Brandon, great fish. looks like you had awesome weather and your Grandfather is a very talented man.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.