The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: saltwater license 2011  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: saltwater license 2011
« Reply #30 on: Dec 26, 2008, 05:43 PM »
so the state deserves a cut out of every customer that I take out and catch a shark 30 miles offshore?  seems fair to me  ::)  what a joke

Although I do not like the idea of being issued this number, if it helps in protecting fish stocks and establishing reasonable catch limits then I am all for it.

you think they are gonna protect the fish stocks in the salt by this license?  please

Offline rubline

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2008, 06:00 PM »
  If there is going to be another license and fee than we need to make sure it stays in Maine.  The greatest percentage of the money needs to stay in IF&W.   Lets hope they dont start taxing us on each trap and hole we have.  Or tax us a luxury tax on our augers.

>:(

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 26, 2008, 06:02 PM »
  If there is going to be another license and fee than we need to make sure it stays in Maine. 

>:(
I just can't see giving the state money for something they don't manage...like tuna, groundfish, stripers, blues, sharks....etc.
it's a joke

unless of course they plan on stocking saltwater fish.....baby Makos maybe?

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 26, 2008, 06:27 PM »
That will be it for me.  I will have spent my last dollar fishing the salt.  I will give all my saltwater
tackle, and rods to my friends that still fish it.  Does anyone believe that the license fees will be
put to good use for fishing?  I don't!

I live close to you, I'll be your friend and take the tackle...... Come on now, you can't quit fishing for a lousey $15-$25, life is too short and this won't be the last bucks you have to spend on something you like to do.
You quit, they win!
 ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2008, 06:58 PM »
I can just see the warden with a truck load of five and six year old kids taking them to court for fishing harbor pollack.
Steve

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2008, 12:33 PM »
there's just no need for it. did this bill ever go up for a vote? and if it did it would just go to show that the government will get what they want no matter what. i thought DMR was in charge of collecting info on the saltwater fisheries....i've been met at the docks br DMR reps wanting to take measurements and such. i even met one in winslow a few years ago asking anglers if they would answer a few questions and take a survey so they could collect info on the striper fishery. if i didn't love fishing the salt so much, my equipemt would be in the uncle henrys or ebay. stupid idiotic politicians.
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 29, 2008, 10:41 AM »
Who the hell is gonna enforce it,especially if it stays federal,the Coast Guard?  ::) All they're doing is money grabbing.Plus a lot of us already buy a license,it's called a Highly Migratory Species Permit.I'll give you an example of how effective their surveying system is.I got called for my HMS survey in late november for my catch rate for the month,I was like "it's november in Maine my boat hasn't even seen the water,you might want to call in August or September".

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 29, 2008, 10:51 AM »
that would be somethin to see the coast guard beach a zodiac at popham or somethin just to check salt licenses. what a crock.
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #38 on: Dec 29, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Unfortunatley there aren't enough of us anglers and sportsmen representing ourselves at the state and federal levels.
You want to dump tea in the harbor? We ALL stop buying the liscences for 2009 - 2010.
Yup, that means we don't fish.... not pay it out in fines or liscences. Let 'em hang for the laws they have inacted. But it takes a unified stand that we will never be able to make as sportsmen.
I bet they aren't passing laws to tax churches, the masses would never stand for that. (Not a dig on religion! Please no nasty PM's    ;D )
They know our addiction will not stop us from buying liscences.

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:06 PM »
I can just see the warden with a truck load of five and six year old kids taking them to court for fishing harbor pollack.
or sharks on a charter boat!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Who the hell is gonna enforce it,especially if it stays federal,the Coast Guard?  ::) All they're doing is money grabbing.Plus a lot of us already buy a license,it's called a Highly Migratory Species Permit.I'll give you an example of how effective their surveying system is.I got called for my HMS survey in late november for my catch rate for the month,I was like "it's november in Maine my boat hasn't even seen the water,you might want to call in August or September".
lol....I got a call from them AND IFW last week to check on my success the week before!  bruce joule should know better  ::) stupid

Offline HighlandLK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:12 PM »
This is complete and utter nonsense, screw the State, and the Gov, They take enough money from us, And yet The week of Christmas we got a 53' trailer full of small refrigerators and freezers from top to bottom nose to the back doors, dropped off to our depot, and we had to deliver them to all doctors offices and health centers, every last one of them was paid for by THE STATE OF MAINE...and I'm sure the doctor could have bought 3 at Lowes or Home Depot for the price of 1 of these...They could have taken all that money and put it back into the School's that they are cutting the budget's on...... I've just had it with politicians, every one of them are useless, liars, and clueless.......

Thank You,
                        slammer6500
                             :pinch:

These are special refrigerators for vaccines- and get this- the only vaccines allowed to be put into these are for people on MAINE CARE.

In other words, free vaccines get their own special fridge. The people who actually pay for their vaccines are not allowed into the "special" fridge.

My wife got 2 of these refrigerators for her office, free!

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:38 PM »
They need to make a vaccine for stupidity.

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:40 PM »
to think here I am waiting for the state to Ok my unemployment !!!!

Offline HighlandLK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Good luck with that, I have listened to someone in my office battle with the state for a month now trying to get her husbands check(s).

Offline JimP

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Moosehead Lake 2008
Saltwater Fishing License Must be Stopped!!!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 21, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Saltwater Fishing License Must be Stopped!!!

Senator David Trahan needs your help.

On Thursday January 22nd, 1:30 p.m., in Legislative Council Chambers, 3rd floor of the State House, Sen. Trahan (R-Waldoboro) will testify on his Resolution to Congress expressing the Legislatures opposition to the adoption of a saltwater fishing license. The Resolution will reinforce state sovereignty rights, express support for responsible collection of information, but clearly state Maine's total opposition to any salt water fishing license requirement.

The Resolution is the first step that Sen. Trahan will take in his effort to block any attempt by Congress to require the new license. Immediately after the Maine resolution, Trahan will launch a nationwide campaign, reaching out to every state in the nation with a saltwater fishery asking them to adopt a Resolution and enlist the support of their Congressional delegation to defeat this new federal mandate.

Senator Trahan will also work with Maine's Congressional Delegation requesting their support in stopping this unwarranted intrusion on State Sovereign Rights.

Senator Trahan will need your help. In order for the Legislature to debate the Resolution in Maine, the Legislative Council must approve it for introduction. Legislative Council is made up of Republican and Democrat leadership. Republicans have already indicated initial support so Democrat votes are essential to achieving enough votes for approval. Please call or e-mail Legislative Council members and encourage them to allow a debate on this effort and join in the effort to fight for Maine people and their Sovereign Rights.

Please call or e-mail:
Sen. Elizabeth H. Mitchell, President of the Senate, Vice-chair of the Legislative Council
Phone: 622-2629
e-mail: [email protected]

Rep. Hannah Pingree, Speaker of the House, Chair of the Legislative Council
Phone: 867-0966

Sen. Philip Bartlett, Senate Majority Leader
Phone: 839-7827

Sen. Lisa Marrache, Senate Assistant Majority Leader
Phone: 861-0154

Sen. Kevin Raye, Senate Republican Leader
Phone: 853-9406

Sen. Jonathan Courtney, Senate Assistant Republican Leader
Phone: 324-5467

Rep. John Piotti, House Majority Leader
Phone: 437-2493

Rep. Seth Berry, House Assistant Majority Leader
Phone: 522-1609

Rep. Joshua A. Tardy, House Republican Leader
Phone: 368-5858

Rep. Philip Curtis, House Assistant Republican Leader
Phone: 696-3052

Offline mrsfishhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • here fishy fishy
« Reply #46 on: Jan 22, 2009, 02:38 PM »
 ok. maybe this is a stupid idea but why can't the state have a survey site like most stores do? log on, report whatever you have and that's it. no xtra $ needed for people to collect data in person or by phone. they could actutually offer a prize so more people would participate. i dunno, seems to me it would be hard to regulate something that does not stay in your own backyard. ???

Offline Flatlander2Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I got my game face on now! Come'er Fish
« Reply #47 on: Jan 22, 2009, 03:43 PM »
Typical flatlander response. 8)

WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOA!!!!!!!! Easy on the "F" word there ok buddy.  That being Flatlander....it is not a word that should be loosely thrown around. I consider it an honor to bear the name ok.  Good

(hehehehehee ;D)
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline mrsfishhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • here fishy fishy
« Reply #48 on: Jan 22, 2009, 04:39 PM »
WHHHHHHHOOOOOOOA!!!!!!!! Easy on the "F" word there ok buddy.  That being Flatlander....it is not a word that should be loosely thrown around. I consider it an honor to bear the name ok.  Good
 no disrespect intended, hubby is a former "flatlander" but, what does that have to do with what i posted?

(hehehehehee ;D)

Offline Butch Moore

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • OOOOPS!!
« Reply #49 on: Mar 07, 2009, 07:20 PM »
ok. maybe this is a stupid idea but why can't the state have a survey site like most stores do? log on, report whatever you have and that's it. no xtra $ needed for people to collect data in person or by phone. they could actutually offer a prize so more people would participate. i dunno, seems to me it would be hard to regulate something that does not stay in your own backyard. ???

They can, and it's been proposed:

Saltwater license not needed for fishing data

The bill now before the Leigslature will capture all the information necessary while maintaining Mainers' freedom.
DAVID TRAHAN and GEORGE SMITH February 15, 2009

The Feb. 8 Maine Sunday Telegram editorial titled "State should act to keep saltwater license fees here" mischaracterizes and offers inaccurate statements about our proposal to register saltwater anglers without requiring them to purchase a fishing license.

The editorial repeats the worn-out refrain of licensing advocates that "federal law will require federal licenses for saltwater fishermen," and as a result, "the real question is whether federal authorities would keep the fees."

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=239139&ac=PHedi

To support Sen. Trahan go here and send in an email:

Send an email to all members of the Joint Standing Committee on Marine Resources and the Legislative Council Members for the 124th Legislature
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.