Author Topic: Bantam Lake Parking  (Read 1274 times)

Offline mattshoes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bantam Lake Parking
« on: Jan 31, 2019, 11:26 AM »
at the southwest corner of south bay, along Bantam Lake rd (rt 209), there is a small lot across the street from that lake that i have seen fishermen use in the past. Has this lot been restricted from use by the property owner in the last couple of years? I thought i recall seeing no trespassing signs and rope across the entrance last year. I am planning a trip and meeting someone there and don't want to be parking illegally

Offline Hammertime-IceCube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Danbury Fish & Game Association
Re: Bantam Lake Parking
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2019, 08:46 PM »
we were there recently. Many years parking there , now It is marked with no parking/trespassing sign. It’s private property. However the lot was full of cars. I don’t know all the details... Hopefully people don’t leave trash and mess it up

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Lots and lots of garbage has been left there by stupid anglers.  Seen it before in many places.
I always leave it nicer than I found it by picking up trash left by others

You can park at the state launch legally. It is quite close to the spot you mentioned.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline mattshoes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2019, 04:14 PM »
Thanks. Parked at Morris Town boat launch. It's plowed. There were cars in lot just off 209 and they didn't get ticketed. Hopefully anglers using lot keep it clean so people can continue to use it

Offline Schug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2019, 07:45 PM »
So do people still park at the South Bay lot or will I got towed? What about Morris town beach I am not a local will I be asking for trouble if I go there?

Offline vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:09 AM »
You can park at the south end, I was there yesterday and the lot is open

Offline Schug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:20 AM »
You can park at the south end, I was there yesterday and the lot is open

Not the boat launch but over near the beach at south bad against 202? Is this what your saying?

Offline vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:56 AM »
Yes

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2019, 08:20 AM »
I've fished Bantam a few times and have always parked in the lot on 209 across the street from south bay. I have never had an issue and have ALWAYS tried to pick up garbage/trash in the lot when I leave.
My plan is to hit up Bantam tomorrow as well if anyone is interested in joining me since I hate being on "late ice" alone.
Vaughan, how was the ice????
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Edges were fine on South Bay and about 7” of ice.  I was worried about the late ice but was pleasantly surprised.  There were a couple of other groups on the ice also.  Fishing for me was Bantam like but a nice day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.