The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: The 13TH Team Maine moosehead lake annual expidition  (Read 12641 times)

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Looking forward to fishing with you guys in just three weeks.  :tipup: I'm headed up the end of this week for a few days, we're having a little work done so I need to be there to give orders.....might find a few minutes to fish.  :whistle:

One thing to be aware of is that the lake is being drawn down, the East Outlet is flowing at over 4,000 cfs. That's 3-4 times the "normal" rate at most times of the year. The lake has dropped 6" in 6 days but is still 6" above where it was at this time last year. In addition to probably causing some pressure cracks or increasing the size of existing ones, some previously frozen areas are opening up. Dumping that much water causes currents in the lake, especially shallow spots between two deep basins. I'm told by local buddies that the usual suspect areas behind Sandbar, west of Deer Island and the south end of Moose Island are wide open. I would guess there's some areas up near Rockwood doing the same even though it's cold. Hopefully I get a chance to ride around this weekend and check it out for myself.

Thanks for the up date.  QWe don't need anybody going swimming

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I just talk to bob and stated that if you have auger ext. to bring them. lots of snow pushed up on the shore lines

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The 12TH Team Maine moosehead lake annual expidition
« Reply #92 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:43 PM »
Thanks for the up date.  QWe don't need anybody going swimming

Especially if they're wearing these.  :o

Just washed em for you Jumbo!

Offline tipman14

• Team IceShanty Addict
Is there plenty of room for parking for truck and trailer at camp ?
I’m here for the cusk !!!!

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
their should be  bob  plows a large place to park

Offline tipman14

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ok thank you ! sounds good

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
 Parking lot of big;however, just remember there are many more coming so park accordingly.
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Spent the last week at the lake, just got home an hour ago. Really looking forward to turning it around next week to hit it with you guys for a couple days, it's only 6 hours.  ::)  Looking forward to it!  ;D

The short story...fishing was slow for me, a steady pick of small togue but none over 20". I've been fishing toward the south end of the lake, rumor says there's a better bite in the Rockwood area so keep the fingers crossed. Also bears noting that it was a full moon waning, lots of light at night, perhaps that's when they were feeding. New moon on the 6th so no midnight fiesta next week.

The good and bad condition news- The Good.....Plenty of ice, a solid 24"+ everywhere I checked. Not so much that an extension is needed. The Bad....Pretty much the same for snow cover, sleds needed IMO. Another 6" fell last night. I saw a tracked SxS getting towed out of slush last week, nasty spots are lurking.

Suggest calling ahead for smelt, some shops were out on Saturday the 23rd. No shortage of beer to report.  :tipup:

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
I was just at rockwood cottages for 4 days. Fishing was slow there for us.. Ice was good.  Some very slushy spots for sure. I got around fine in a quad with tire chains. But I dunno after the snow yesterday. The toe of the boot and the 2 coves north of that were also getting some real nice Brookies. A couple nice salmon came from the far side of kineo. Good luck and tight lines guys! :tipup:
 Tim
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

thanks  and will see you their 
Spent the last week at the lake, just got home an hour ago. Really looking forward to turning it around next week to hit it with you guys for a couple days, it's only 6 hours.  ::)  Looking forward to it!  ;D

The short story...fishing was slow for me, a steady pick of small togue but none over 20". I've been fishing toward the south end of the lake, rumor says there's a better bite in the Rockwood area so keep the fingers crossed. Also bears noting that it was a full moon waning, lots of light at night, perhaps that's when they were feeding. New moon on the 6th so no midnight fiesta next week.

The good and bad condition news- The Good.....Plenty of ice, a solid 24"+ everywhere I checked. Not so much that an extension is needed. The Bad....Pretty much the same for snow cover, sleds needed IMO. Another 6" fell last night. I saw a tracked SxS getting towed out of slush last week, nasty spots are lurking.

Suggest calling ahead for smelt, some shops were out on Saturday the 23rd. No shortage of beer to report.  :tipup:

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

thanks for the info 
I was just at rockwood cottages for 4 days. Fishing was slow there for us.. Ice was good.  Some very slushy spots for sure. I got around fine in a quad with tire chains. But I dunno after the snow yesterday. The toe of the boot and the 2 coves north of that were also getting some real nice Brookies. A couple nice salmon came from the far side of kineo. Good luck and tight lines guys! :tipup:
 Tim

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
I was cleaning out some of my fishing stuff yesterday and found one of the black team ice shanty flags, I think it was from the last sebago meet and greet that Brenda put together...if you guys want it, it will be at my shop in Lewiston, or my house in Gray or I can leave it at Dags.

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
You at the shop?
May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others and let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung,
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung.
May you stay forever young.

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
I just left, be back around 3

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
Thanks for the Shanty flag Reel Big! We'll be flying them high

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
 Thank you  If G
ary Grabs it.  It will be flying over the door. that is where we use to put one when hazy used to go   

was cleaning out some of my fishing stuff yesterday and found one of the black team ice shanty flags, I think it was from the last sebago meet and greet that Brenda put together...if you guys want it, it will be at my shop in Lewiston, or my house in Gray or I can leave it at Dags.

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
Your welcome linguini

Great to see you Gary, good luck to you guys!!

Here's a little teaser for you from Moosehead last summer

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
Let our freak flags fly!

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Have a great time up there guys!

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
[Thank you

quote author=Fish Wayniac link=topic=360492.msg3976664#msg3976664 date=1551394921]
Have a great time up there guys!

[/quote]

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
That is awesome that will look great flying over the door we should do a group pic  with  that  :tipup: :) :)

Let our freak flags fly!

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline tipman14

• Team IceShanty Addict
It’s creeping up quick !! looking forward to a good time and meeting a bunch of you. Safe travels.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm headed up tomorrow for some Get Together pre-fishing.  ;)

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
Just got  restrung and sharpened hooks.  Bringing a few of my best buddy Dan's -RIP- favorite traps for luck. Can't come soon enough Tipman, it should be a great crew on the ice. Weather is lining up nicely too. Elderz, save some fish for us! Send a smelt report and safe trip up. I got a mailhots jumbo egg samwich with your name on it.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Thank you Shrinkage and I'll post whatever intel I can get. Hopefully the bait stores are open tomorrow. Looking at your friend's gear reminds me I'm making a toy stop in the morning to visit a man named Jack. :whistle:

Offline tipman14

• Team IceShanty Addict
On our way 👍

Offline Keychain

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Don't yell FLAG, yell KEYCHAIN!!!
Go get ‘em boys!

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good luck gentlemen! Jealous I'm not there. Hope you make out better than we did 2 weeks ago up there   :tipup:
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
Watch out for Lavaman. He has a good luck horse shoe up his A$$. Proved it to us a couple weeks ago on Champlain.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The Lavaman/Masspike team did catch a bunch of fish but not the biggest. We got trumped by a luckier linguini and tipman. Comgrats to them both. Tipman welcome to cuskadoo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.