The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: so what a think of the little o derby  (Read 1086 times)

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
so what a think of the little o derby
« on: Feb 17, 2018, 05:11 PM »
not the big crowd you usually see at this derby     I think they were a little late getting the info out to the fishing public
in god we trust

Offline Morfishin

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: so what a think of the little o derby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2018, 05:31 PM »
Most start small  it's new for this group. We had a good time many fish caught bass, bows,perch, crappie and slime darts  :tipup:
Fish have tails

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2018, 08:19 PM »
I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get out early enough for the derby, ended up getting skunked not far from there though.

Offline icetwandrer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2018, 08:33 PM »
Had an awesome day out there,wasnt really a well known tourney for sure,but all in all we had a great time with some family and a few fish,should probably not include togue in the same category with the other trout species when it’s a weight winning scale,maybe they should have there own division,but not my tourney not my rules.        Derby’s are a dance you learn as you go. We’ll do it again next year

Offline Gettinjiggy1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2018, 08:57 PM »
Anyone know what won it?
Flaaaaaaaaag!!!

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2018, 09:02 PM »
I think  not sure  around a  5 pound togue
in god we trust

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2018, 10:44 PM »
I think  not sure  around a  5 pound togue

big for Little O, no? do they pull much for salmon out of there? I hear they are in there but not much about them getting caught.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2018, 04:06 AM »
haven't put much time on little this year been fishing Sebago  we have caught some nice sals from little o in past years same with the lakers
in god we trust

Offline on-ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2018, 08:50 AM »
The fact that they didn't put it on the maine.gov website really hurt the attendance, but it was still a fun day.  I think some door prizes would help as well.

Had an awesome day out there,wasnt really a well known tourney for sure,but all in all we had a great time with some family and a few fish,should probably not include togue in the same category with the other trout species when it’s a weight winning scale,maybe they should have there own division,but not my tourney not my rules.        Derby’s are a dance you learn as you go. We’ll do it again next year

I almost agree with you about the separate category, but my thought is that because togue are so few and far between out there, you're taking a risk if you're targeting them. I put all my traps on bottom in 30'-50' FOW and would've got skunked if it wasn't for the rainbow that hit my bait as I was pulling up my last trap!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.