The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Adults Stealing all the Kids Fish  (Read 3351 times)

Offline n1BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Adults Stealing all the Kids Fish
« Reply #30 on: Feb 17, 2012, 07:17 PM »
not cool at all...thats really frustraiting considering theres a KIDS derby tomorrow.... :%$#!:

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2012, 07:44 PM »
The State owns the land, and the State owns the water ~ there HAS to be something that can be done to keep these DB's off the ice for a day and 1/2.  Apparently some of these DB's will be there fishing DURING the derby tomorrow, and there isn't anything that can be done about it  :%$#!:

Offline teabagger1773

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2012, 07:47 PM »
The State owns the land, and the State owns the water ~ there HAS to be something that can be done to keep these DB's off the ice for a day and 1/2.  Apparently some of these DB's will be there fishing DURING the derby tomorrow, and there isn't anything that can be done about it  :%$#!:
What ever happened to a good old fashioned boot party?...... Jk......sorta
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Offline gradysjeep

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2012, 07:52 PM »
truly pathetic.  I would be embarrassed to catch a fish like that. 

Offline Wolley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 17, 2012, 07:53 PM »
What time is alright with you guys that i head over there tommorow and start fishing, 12:01pm?????

Offline ChrisMinMaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2012, 07:57 PM »
there was a group fishing when i was drilling holes there today. i drilled right on top of them. the derby people told me to drill my holes 12 feet apart and these "sportsman" were in my grid. They actually packed up and left, guess that eskimo thunder was too much for em ; )

Just what I would have done. 

I don't go looking for trouble, but when you're right you're right.

Glad the dudes got the hint. 

Offline ChrisMinMaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:09 PM »
And I feel the same way about the spring.  I take my two girls (age 6 and 9) to certain ponds after the stocking truck so they can catch thier limit of 2 trout.   (Of course I don't tell then about the stocking truck).

I sometimes have to "push" them through the adults to get a spot for the kids to cast their Johnson Centry reels to get a couple of stocked trout. 

There are some adults who will let them in (and even praise them for their awesome catch), but some adults will actually block them in.  Losers. 

Maybe I am a softty becasue I have young kids. But how can an adult block a kid from casting off the dock?  Oh, well.

Offline MAKOpower10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:10 PM »
What time is alright with you guys that i head over there tommorow and start fishing, 12:01pm?????

Please make sure you let Wolley know what time is OK, I'll be there 2 minutes after that time. 12:03?
“Deals are my art form. Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry. I like making deals, preferably big deals. That's how I get my kicks.”

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:15 PM »
I doubt it. Last year there was a group that fished the whole time we drilled the holes for the derby.
I believe it was the same guys from last year.

Offline dakota

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:24 PM »
All you from Maine IS guys have alot more self control than I do, Id be out there and they would leave. I promise you that. Sucks for the kids. You need to get about 100 kids to go stand by them and ask them over and over, "whatcha doin' whatcha doin'"
Semper Fi            ;IGY6
I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:26 PM »
there was a group fishing when i was drilling holes there today. i drilled right on top of them. the derby people told me to drill my holes 12 feet apart and these "sportsman" were in my grid. They actually packed up and left, guess that eskimo thunder was too much for em ; )
I stated drilling right on the group of 3 as soon as I got there, Sportskid and I drilled holes all around their traps near shore, they did not look happy. They told me they caught 30 fish, but only kept the ones that were bleeding. :%$#!: :%$#!:

I mention it to Tom when he came out on the ice, he was going to call the Warden to have them checked. It wasn't long after Tom got off the phone that they appear to be hurrying to get off the ice. Maybe they heard his call.

Offline teabagger1773

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:31 PM »
All you from Maine IS guys have alot more self control than I do, Id be out there and they would leave. I promise you that. Sucks for the kids. You need to get about 100 kids to go stand by them and ask them over and over, "whatcha doin' whatcha doin'"
Hahaha definitely. Boy isn't it a rush catching an 8 inch brookie that has eaten hatchery pellets all its life. Get a life. Or a JOB. either or works for me. To all the guys who were there drilling holes, check out my post thanking you under the kids derby thread. It really means alot that you donated your time like that.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Offline CB22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:32 PM »

Be there at anytime as long as you are going to go far away from the state park beach.  The problem is that the pond is stocked specifically for a Hooked on Fishing Not on Drugs Kids Derby and groups of grown men set up shop right on top of where the fish were stocked and holes were drilled by volunteers for the kids.

If you really have a burning desire to fish directly on top of where the fish were stocked, wait until Sunday.  That's when it's ok.  I don't mind an easy catch every once in a while but I won't do it at the detriment of a child.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Feb 18, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Please make sure you let Wolley know what time is OK, I'll be there 2 minutes after that time. 12:03?

Here's an idea...
There are always some people who bring thier kids that don't know much about ice fishing. Why not bring your gear and offer to help out and teach some kids a few things, they are always looking for fisherman to help. After the kids have had thier fun, you'll have your gear to fish with.  :)

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #44 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Here's an idea...
There are always some people who bring thier kids that don't know much about ice fishing. Why not bring your gear and offer to help out and teach some kids a few things, they are always looking for fisherman to help. After the kids have had thier fun, you'll have your gear to fish with.  :)

this is the thinking of a great guy !!!!!!!!!!!   

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 18, 2012, 12:09 PM »
Here's an idea...
That's because he is a true Sportsman, like most of us.

Offline aljenry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 18, 2012, 01:03 PM »
I wouldn't mind at all if there were more kids only ponds, especially the ones they fill with stockies. I took my son down to Hinckley earlier and drilled a bunch of holes for the kids there. It was a lot of fun.

The guys fishing there probably rationalized that what they were doing is perfectly legal, so it's their personal choice.
-Alan H

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #47 on: Feb 18, 2012, 02:03 PM »
I wouldn't mind at all if there were more kids only ponds, especially the ones they fill with stockies. I took my son down to Hinckley earlier and drilled a bunch of holes for the kids there. It was a lot of fun.

The guys fishing there probably rationalized that what they were doing is perfectly legal, so it's their personal choice.

A very poor one at that!
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline chum bucket

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Feb 18, 2012, 02:12 PM »
I have no problem for guys fishing for browns down the pond. But everyone can figure out what day the fish truck comes. It is simply lame that stocked fish come over children. This is becoming more and more the norm as time passes, what a future. Thank the good lord there are still a few SPORTSMEN and SPORTSWOMEN out there.
Semper Fi

Offline Derik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 18, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Someone should go over next year and put a bunch of traps in without setting them so when the opportunists come by and see no action they will move off somewhere else.

Offline Dags Bait Maine

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 18, 2012, 07:53 PM »

Great guys don't have to think about what to say...it just comes out naturally ... Thanks Tiny
Marcel & Dylan Larose
559 minot ave (207) 783-0388

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.