Author Topic: New ice hut  (Read 1956 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
New ice hut
« on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:30 PM »
 I'm going to buy a new ice hut and wanted the opinions of the guys on here. I'm thinking of the Frabil Trekker or the Eskimo Qucikflip2. Anybody ever had one of these huts? If so good and the bad. If not maybe one you would recommend. I want to have enough room for two guys and prefer the flip models. Thanks for the help!
  Matt

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New ice hut
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2010, 10:30 PM »
I'm going to buy a new ice hut and wanted the opinions of the guys on here. I'm thinking of the Frabil Trekker or the Eskimo Qucikflip2. Anybody ever had one of these huts? If so good and the bad. If not maybe one you would recommend. I want to have enough room for two guys and prefer the flip models. Thanks for the help!
  Matt
Go with Clam.....great customer service 

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:40 AM »
I have the Frabill Trekker 2 man and its amazing.  Very easy to setup and take down, seats are real nice, and overall light weight for pulling.  I couldn't be happier with it.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2010, 01:43 PM »
i just got a new frabil trekker 2 also and i love it! i still have my frabil xltwin it is 5 years old and in great shape but i could not pass up the deal on the trekker. my wife said 3 shacks and i am getting ready to build a 8x16 drop down permanent shack will be one shack to many but really can you ever have 2 many shacks
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2010, 06:50 PM »
 I want to go with the Trekker but there isn't any more in my area :( Farm&Fleet has a hell of a price on it at $309.99 right now but there isn't any out there to have them transfer to Moline. Anybody know of any other dealers in IL? Went to Frabil website and they due have it in stock,but it is $349.99 with $77.23 shipping. I'm thinking of just going with the Eskimo Qucikflip2. I just dont know anything about them. any input you guys have will be a help.
 Thanks
  Matt

Offline GooseHunter9/11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2010, 09:34 PM »
Check out Reeds end of year sale!!!!!

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2010, 09:49 PM »
 Will do but never heard of Reeds. Is this a Sporting goods store online? If so whats the web site?

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2010, 10:02 PM »
 found reeds there out of stock on the Frabil Trekker 2 for the season.

Offline birddog74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2010, 11:07 PM »
I bought a clam nanook last week for $250 at gander mtn. and I love it.  Only thing was the seat back covers were not in the box.  I called cust. service and the lady was so nice I thought a box of cookies was going to get shipped with the covers.  Two days later ups shows up with the covers.  No cookies though.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2010, 04:27 AM »
 The Gandr Mountain by me only has the yukon in stock. It is on sale at $399. I wish they had the nanook I would have bought it in a heart beat for $250!

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2010, 06:52 AM »
Whatever you do make sure you talk them down on the price.  You would not believe the prices I paid for my gear this year because it was towards the end of the season and asked for additional discounts.  Everyone wants to move this stuff out of their inventory so they will deal.  For example:

I bought my Frabill Trekker II at Gander Mountain for $199.00 because it was their last model and was setup in the rack as a display.  I simply asked if they would sell the display and reduce the price because its a display and end of the season.  The price was $399 but I only paid $199

Just last weekend I purchased a Strikemaster Magnum power auger from Dicks.  The price was $379.00 but I asked to speak to the manager because it again was their last unit and wanted a discount because its end of the season.  I ended up paying $242 with tax by just asking for additional discounts.

So by simply asking I saved over $300 this year on my gear.  It never hurts to ask because the worse thing they could say is no.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:49 PM »
 I think I'll head to Gander Mountain tonight tonight. They have A Clam Yukon on display. Maybe I can get them to come down on it. Its on sell right now for $399. I want the Frabil but they are no where to be found this time of year. Thanks for the heads up jsbz! Will give it a try!

Matt

Offline fishchris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2010, 04:50 PM »
i have to go with a clam also ...i have the guide and i love it. i also agree where ever you go talk them down on price . igot my shanty on sale and talked another 75 bucks off the price. make sure to ask for the manager. good luck with whatever you get

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2010, 06:30 PM »
No problem........I hope it works out for you.  I am sure they will deal :)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2010, 09:19 PM »
 Well i found a Frabil Trekker 2! It wont be here until the end of next week,but I'm getting it for $240! I worse than a kid at Christmas! I was going to go get the Yukon today but found the Trekker and it is what I really wanted. I did find a Jiffy model 30 for $299. The only problem is it has a 10" auger. Thats a little big for bring up gills and crappies. Going to try to get them to come down more but they still have one left in the box and wont move any more until that one is gone.

Offline Tricounty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2010, 05:44 PM »
74redone,
get the 10" thats what I have its great, you don't have to worry about gills and crappies getting tangled on the vex cord. and you might go walleye fishing someday ;)2
Looks like Chuck is taking the skinny boat to tuna town. "Pops"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.