Author Topic: help with transducers  (Read 1601 times)

Offline sticman1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • for the love of sticks and ice
help with transducers
« on: Dec 08, 2003, 04:35 PM »
I have a FL-8 with a 19 transducer, was thinking of getting a 9 or 12 transducer. Has any of you switched or done this. Please, give me your thoughts.

Offline crappieloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • nnnnn......Ice
Re:help with transducers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2003, 05:36 PM »
Go with the 9, you will love it. I've been using a 9 or 10 for 14 years on my fl-8, woks perfect.

Offline frostbite

• IceShanty Rookie
  • There is no thrill without the chill!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2003, 12:10 PM »
vexilar's web site has a good article about choosing the right transducer for your needs.
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
I have the dual beam ducer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2003, 01:02 AM »
I have the dual beam (9 and 19 degrees) ducer on my vexilar FL -8. This really is a neccessity. I use the 9 in any water deeper than 25 feet because you can use less gain to see your jig. Given that I fish mostly for lake trout, I use the 9 most often since I fish 30 - 50 foot for lakers.
The 19 has it's place too. I use it in shallower weedy lakes when chasing pike and panfish, or when trout or walleye go shallow. The 9 has too much power to be used in lakes with a lot of weeds in shallow water, you will get too much signal.
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2003, 08:32 AM »
TYSTICK, If you generally fish shallow the 19 will do you good!  I too have the dual mode on my fl18 and only use the 9 degree in deep water 25 or 30 feet.  But even at that point if Im fishing crappies they are suspended higher so the 19 works good too! just my info--Kevin
TEAR'N UP THAT ICE!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.