Author Topic: Jigging Methods?  (Read 725 times)

Offline fishinmastah

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jigging Methods?
« on: Feb 02, 2006, 02:28 PM »
What are some of ur best jig methods for catching some diifferent types of fish??????????
Team Maine!

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Jigging Methods?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Blue Gills ...I shake and vibrate as fast as I can ...sometimes violently. Then I stop and watch that bobber..watching..watc hing..again with a twitch and shake. Then I stop and watch..watching ..the bobber moves just a little...POP the end of the pole...FISH ON!!!!!!!

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline Tip-UpTommer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2006, 05:19 PM »
I have noticed that panfish(perch, sunfish, crappies) and walleye and bass tend to hit jigs after you stop moving them after bouncing or shaking the jigs. however, pike, trout(lake trout, browns, etc.) tend to hit the jig on the move. just my experience, not always true 100% of the time.

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2006, 12:21 PM »
Very true on all points. We catch northerns on what is called a buzzbomb. You jig it up about 2-3 feet, drop your line and wait for the buzzbomb to hit the bottom of the line where the hook is knoted on. They hit the lure on the way down. It produces a vibration in the water.

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2006, 12:23 PM »
Perch   jacks   you drink your coffee to & from  ice fishing then you just let your nerves do the jiggin for you & watch your bobber close !!!

Steve
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.