Author Topic: Digital scales  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Digital scales
« on: Jan 12, 2006, 08:05 AM »
 In your own opinion what's the most accurate digital scale that you have owned? I own a Normark and a Berkley.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Digital scales
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2006, 08:14 AM »
Why don't you take something of known weight and see which one is more accurate and then tell us all! That would be kind of cool!

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2006, 08:17 AM »
 I was more concerned about the long term durablility and lasting accuracy. Maybe I should have been more specific. Also if peoples scales weigh in ozs or tenths would be helpfull.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:16 PM »
I have the Rapala ProGuide 50 lb. Digi Scale

it measures in pounds and ounces , I have had it a few seasons now
battery life is good, its durable, and seems to still be accurate ( I have not tested it against another scale)

I paid about $30 bucks at Dicks Sporting Goods

Offline fishcrazy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Life is nice when I'm on the ice!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2006, 03:28 PM »
I purchased a Rapala prior to a Canada trip, and the first time I wanted to use it it didn't work.  When I got back home, I called Rapala, and they sent me another one, which worked for less than a month and failed.  I now have a Berkley, and so far it has worked quite well, and appears to be quite accurate.
FishCrazy

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Not bad, but i can do better!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2006, 03:47 PM »
I own the berkley 25lb scale.  It cost me about 20 bucks, and works great. It measures in pounds and oz and as far as I know it's dead accurate.  During a tourney 2 years ago, i weighed my fish on my scale first and then took it to the tournament officials and was dead on the oz. 
My new Motto for the New Year #@%& it i'm going fishing

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2006, 03:53 PM »
I own a berkley scale...not that I thought it was better then the rapala..but it sure was cheaper. I know guys who have the rapala models and they dont seem to be supirior...they both are still going strong after a couple seasons....mine just cost less...Other the the batteries I had to replace because I did not properly turn it off after my first use of it

Offline tomg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Why don't you take something of known weight and see which one is more accurate and then tell us all! That would be kind of cool!

good Idea Captain Obvious.

Offline Smeltecca

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never mess with another man's hole.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2006, 11:18 AM »
I have two berkley 50 lb scales and a Normark 15 lb scale.  The Berkley scales weigh in tenths of an ounce.  One of them is light by one tenth the other is heavy by four tenths.  The Normark weighs in lbs and ounces and is light by one ounce.  I weighed a 5 lb weight on a certified scale and then weighed it on each of my scales to come up with the deviations.  I believe that that is the only way to have an accurate scale.  I've done this each year for the last two seasons and the scales haven't changed.
  Ice Fishermen Walk on Water!

Offline bergal1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2006, 12:26 PM »
I have a Normark "weigh in" 10 lb. scale.  Very accurate.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Well I can tell you it is clearly not the one in our bathroom. According to that one I am badly over weight!
 :P

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2006, 07:01 PM »
I have a Rapala scale and I find the battery is great on it, weighs in lbs and oz's. I have found that it can give false readings and it is touch on how I hang the fish if I don't do it right it will go super high. I weighed 2lb pike on it once and it registered as 10lbs, a bit of a jump, lol at least it was in the right direction. :D
I have not had a chance to compare it to others.

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.