Author Topic: It's here 2021 Ice gear guide!  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
It's here 2021 Ice gear guide!
« on: Oct 01, 2020, 12:35 PM »
Yep same recycled info from the past but hey it gets me in the mood for ICE FISHING yeah!!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: It's here 2021 Ice gear guide!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2020, 12:45 PM »
Do you have a link, or whose guide? 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: It's here 2021 In Fisherman Ice gear guide gear guide
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2020, 12:58 PM »
This is the Gear Guide ...there is a Tactical guide that usually comes out in December ...I have been ordering from here as my local area seems not to carry them anymore.

https://www.osgnewsstand.com/product/ice-fishing1-2021
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Online bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2020, 02:53 PM »
That's where I bought my mags, two 2020 Guides and the 2021 Guide!  :woot:
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2020, 02:58 PM »
In Fisherman is a joke. Nothing but advertisements and articles pushing products. Don't bother reading any magazines anymore. Online forums and youtube where there is independent reviews.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2020, 05:26 PM »
I usually buy them just to see if there is any new gear coming out that I might not have heard about. I was just looking at the contents of the new guide and saw an article on underwater drones. This one here was featured...

Judging by the size of this it wouldn't even fit down a 10in. hole and it is a few design faults if used for fishing purposes described in the guys review. But I was thinking about why nobody has used drones underwater a couple of years ago and saw the price on some of them!!! :o :o :o Something like this is probably way to rich for my blood and would be just more junk to drag along. Still, stuff like this peaks a little bit of interest from me. I don't even use an underwater camera anymore, but this sort of steps that concept up a bit if it ever caught on with the underwater camera companies we know in the icefishing industry and would save a bit of time drilling a bunch of holes and dropping a regular camera down every hole. Just something to check out in the magazine while we wait for ice I guess.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2020, 05:29 PM »
I too gave up on In Fish years ago, worthless bunch of paid ads now.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2020, 05:39 PM »
Blimey, I can kast from shore to where the fish are.
<===Lefty===

Online bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:53 AM »
I received my ice fishing magazines, will be enjoying them thoroughly!  ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:36 AM »
For disclosure I an not an owner nor get anything free from them. Reeds Sporting Goods ice fishing sales brochure is available. It covers a lot of ice fishing gear shanty's, augers, clothes, electronics etc.   
Keep on eye on the sales last year best prices were mid Nov an they honored for about a week into Dec.   

Offline icehousepsycho

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2020, 11:41 AM »
I usually buy them just to see if there is any new gear coming out that I might not have heard about. I was just looking at the contents of the new guide and saw an article on underwater drones. This one here was featured...

I bought one to try.   It is big as in wide.   Not that thick.   If you drill a couple holes side by side it’ll slide down.   I fish out of a Wilcraft, so the bulk/weight isn’t an issue.  But if you were a shanty dragger or used a smitty sled it wouldn’t be a good fit.  I’m anxious to try it out.   Wont be till after Christmas though, just had ankle surgery yesterday afternoon.   

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2020, 02:22 PM »
UNDERWATER DRONE.  Holy cow what is next a robot that goes fishing for you? Looked it up and its expensive like 1000$. Amazon has a smaller one that is only 500$ but my luck it would go down the hole and that is the last I would ever see it. I think my Panoptix was a better investment. Most of the lakes I fish are rather mucky and visibility is not great on my buddies Marcum UW camera so I would not see this as anything other than a toy to play with.   
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline icehousepsycho

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2020, 04:25 PM »
I fish both clear and muddy lakes.  I have both of those units.   Panoptix and the drone.  Must say I love the panoptix.   Got it last year.  Every year I get one ice fishing toy.    ;D

Offline 77tech

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2020, 04:29 PM »
I picked up an under water drone------no wait that's not right.  I picked up a drone under water-----yea that's right.  Was fishing the local park for stocker trout a couple weeks ago and pulled out a cheap drone submerged just off of shore.  Figured whatever kind of rechargeable battery it had in it would be better off properly recycled.

Offline efka

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 13, 2020, 09:55 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.