Author Topic: striker ice Guardian?  (Read 518 times)

Offline samz

• IceShanty Rookie
striker ice Guardian?
« on: Jan 10, 2017, 06:43 PM »
has any one have any info on the Guardian, or owned one to comment on??
Bought a predator jacket & have not used it but tested around the house & it is too warm and plan to return it as it is 2 days old with tags attached. Looking at the charts of the Striker company info it is rated for 20 degree temp while the Predator is for 0 degree temp. I am very mobile person and cannot sit still, so my interest is in lightness of a relatively warm suit with
floatability protection? Thanks in advance for any input.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: striker ice Guardian?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Should add your location to your profile. I have the Predator set  works great for my area's conditions. The Guardian would not be warm enough .  100g insulation vs 50g insulation.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline samz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2017, 08:03 PM »
I fish mostly in western MASS and stay very active when ice fishing and in need more of floatation safety rather then warmth.
Cold is rarely an issue but safety is, as I fish alone mostly during weekdays when least crowded which is really nice but worrisome with no other folks in case need.

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2017, 08:17 PM »
I'm hot blooded and move a lot when fishing... I have the striker lite bibs which are the predecessor to the predator.  I usually just unzip the legs about halfway and that cools me right off. 

Offline samz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2017, 06:00 PM »
After reading many posts and contacting couple sellers, as well as Striker Ice folks, I ordered the Guardian jacket & bibs
from "Outfit-2-Fish", with very helpful Carol. (www.Outfit2Fish.com)

The Guardian offers same amount of floatation as all their models but vary in thermal insulation mostly. Since flotation was my main purpose of getting an outfit and not the thermal aspects, I am also happy that from the savings will invest in other fishing "necessities".  I also needed the lightest possible suit due to my need to be in motion.
Will report in future on the selection of the 20 degree protection outfit.

Offline Slitzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2017, 06:39 PM »
Great Gear.  I'm hard pressed to find anything better.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.