New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ridgid Drill & Nils?  (Read 843 times)

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ridgid Drill & Nils?
« on: Dec 01, 2018, 01:06 PM »
I just purchased the 18volt 1300 lb. torque Ridgid drill to use with my 6" Nils auger. Just wondering if anyone has used this set up and what settings they might have on the drill for the best operation.

Offline mkiburz

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ridgid Drill & Nils?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2018, 01:42 PM »
I use a dewalt  you should be fine.   In really deep ice the the drill cool down periodically

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2018, 01:46 PM »
Same settings as every drill...

Gear 1, drill mode..

<°)))>{

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2018, 02:53 PM »
What Power Setting. The dial has  0-To 100!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2018, 03:03 PM »
What Power Setting. The dial has  0-To 100!
that 0-100 setting is for the clutch action for screw setting mode.drill mode doesnt use that.i have the same drill but havent cut a hole yet tho.

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Thanks! It's new to me also. So that 0-100 setting has nothing to do with the drilling power?

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Thanks! It's new to me also. So that 0-100 setting has nothing to do with the drilling power?
Nothing at all to do with power. It will enable you set a screw head flush with the surface without over driving. Put it on 'Drill" and setting #1 and go cut some ice.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Now I see in Drill mode the trigger controls the speed. You already answered my next question 1 or 2!! Seems like a good quality drill. Thanks again! I like the 9 AH battery best I've seen.

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Going on 3rd season with the Milwaukee 18v Fuel 1200lb. Can't say enough about it. Using SM 6" and have an 8" for backup but never used. 5a batteries but only need 1 when I go drilling. Minimum 20 holes per outing and battery still has 1/2 charge. 6" - 13" average ice thickness. I have a Nils 8" which I might get the Clam gear box for. Also I put it on a Clam Plate. Helps drill holes straighter, absorbs torque of drilling and when you set it down the plate keeps the drill off the ice...............
      Kim :tipup: :icefish:

I know you were talking about Rigid but any good quality drill will do................
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2018, 11:27 AM »
I first looked at that milwakee it was $299 + tax. I got the Ridgid 1300lb. for $209 + tax and it came with a 9 AH battery and charger and a life time warranty.

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2018, 06:53 PM »
As long as the set up meets yours needs it doesn't matter the brand. My 18v Dewalt wasn't up to the challenge so I went with Milwaukee. Needed a saw-zall too so bought them all together. The 9a battery should last you all day. Don't be surprised when people want to borrow it to cut a quick hole............
      Kim :tipup: :icefish: :thumbsup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.