Author Topic: Strikemaster Lazer Blades???  (Read 626 times)

Offline JigginRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Strikemaster Lazer Blades???
« on: Jan 27, 2012, 09:59 AM »
So I'm curious how if you guys need to replace your power auger lazer blades every year? I have the china made blades on my strike lite 2 and they seemed to dull out very quickly. I know that cutting and use take there tole on blades but does anyone else have to replace their blades after 1 season?

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Strikemaster Lazer Blades???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:16 AM »
call strikemaster I had chinese blades on my lazer hand auger and they sent me a free set

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:27 AM »
I also had Chinese blades, and when I told them how bad they were they sent me a new set of Swedish blades.

100 holes later, Swedish blades are still better than Chinese on the 1st hole.

I went through 5 sets last year hitting wood and crap in the ice. Getting them re-sharpened is the way to go, fish307 has a great blade exchange program.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline JigginRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:20 PM »
I went through email and calling them and they said I need to buy replacements and that it is normal for the blades to go dull that fast. They said I could ship them the old blades and they could look at them.  I think thats bs but that what I get when I think I'm spending alot of money on "high quality" product >:(

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "A few in a bucket makes it easy to sit on yours"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:16 PM »
I literally called strikemaster just now and told them the issues I was having with my 8" hand auger Chinese blades. I gave her the serial number on the back of the blades ( must remove blades) and my address. She said they would ship swedish blades today. She acted like she was not suprised at all especialy when getting the serial #. I purchased this in favor of the mora and the mora actually cut faster 2 to 1 but not easier.

call strikemaster I had chinese blades on my lazer hand auger and they sent me a free set
Thanks man

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:19 PM »
Do these blades have a china stamp on them? My Lazer mag is about 6 yrs. old, I have drilled hundred's and hundred's if not a thousand holes with it and never changed the blades. Still cuts great. I was thinking of getting a new set, but after reading the post's here, I guess I'll keep the ones I got........

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "A few in a bucket makes it easy to sit on yours"
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:29 PM »
They are labled and most replacements are swedish made. I think they started putting the Chinese blades on when they started manufacturing the auger their. They don't cut Ice well but they just cut me while putting them back on.  :%$#!:

Offline JigginRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:39 PM »
Do these blades have a china stamp on them?

They do have the stamp on them but it is on the side of the blade that faces the auger bit. The swedish ones have the stamp on the opposite side(outward facing side) so you should be able to see what make they are right away.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:30 PM »
Replacement blades are swedish. Just the new factory blades are chinese. They were not surprised at all when I called and told them how crappy the blades were on my new mora. The next day (literally the next morning) there was a pack of "new" (resharpened, not brand new) swedish blades on my doorstep. They cut like butter and fish 307 does a great job of resharpening them when they do get dull.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:10 PM »
 Jig'n rod, do you remember who you talked to ?
Hard Ice

Offline JigginRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:22 PM »
I emailed them first and they told me to call and talk to Jenifer. I had get put on hold for about 5 mins to talk to her so I'm assuming plenty of people are going through similar issues.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.