Author Topic: Ramp ideas  (Read 2659 times)

Offline 57 fathead

• IceShanty Rookie
Ramp ideas
« on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:06 PM »
Looking for ramp ideas for sliding my flipover into my pickup. Maybe 2 by 6 with metalpiece on tailgate end.

Tinker

Re: Ramp ideas
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:36 PM »
As a youth I mowed lawns for a living.  My dad built a simple ramp out of 1x6 I think it was just as you explained.  That allowed us scrawny kids to push the mower up into the truck.  Not sure how heavy you shack is but I would guess 2x4 would be plenty heavy enough, are you thinking 2 2x6 or just one.  The one my dad built was 2 ramp pieces with two cross pieces to hold them together and at the right spacing.  I use a 2x6 short (3') ramp to get my old skidoo on the trailer.  A 2x4 holds the 2x6's together and is just a couple inches from the end of the 2x6, this creates a "notch" to rest on the trailer so the ramp can't push forward.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:51 PM »
I like to use a 1"x6"x6' plank.. works very well and the house dont tip off..
Hard Ice

Offline JMJ IA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:03 PM »
I just made a pair of ramps last nite from 2x6's, some alum angle and some stainless hinge. I'll get some pics and post.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.  ~Author Unknown

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Snow if ya got enough.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline JMJ IA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Here's some pics of the ramps that I just made.  A bit heavy but I plan to just leave them in the back of truck during ice season.  I also made them plenty long figuring that I could always cut them down.

Some alum angle and some scrap stainless hinge.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.  ~Author Unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.