The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Glen Lake  (Read 20840 times)

Offline ckashner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Glen Lake
« Reply #120 on: Feb 29, 2012, 11:44 AM »
GRUMPY OLD MEN revived...I thought this thread finally died ::)

Offline woodab17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 13.5 lbs
« Reply #121 on: Feb 29, 2012, 11:58 AM »
I do not know why you guys are entertaining this dude he is clearly trying to stir the pot haha looks like its working too.

I didnt know trolling was open this time of year  ::)

I love proving people wrong when their argument makes no sense.

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: Feb 29, 2012, 01:35 PM »
I don't expect most people to agree with me.....nor do I want them to.  I'm just stating my opinions.  It seems like the majority of fishermen I've seen are fishing for Pike, and I don't want all of them to start fishing for Crappie and Perch.  I'm NOT trolling, but I do enjoy threads like this a lot more than the typical "Can somebody tell me where to catch fish?" threads. 

I tried Pike.  I just don't get it.  I like all kinds of fishing.  It's just not my cup of tea.  I like to catch fish.  I set up my tipups for Pike and went 2 or 3 times earlier this year.  I used 60# braid with a 6 foot leader of 30# braid.  I used #2 Red trebles and the biggest live bait I could find.  Maybe I did have the wrong gear, I don't claim to know.  But I caught 7 or 8 pike each time I went out.  After catching 1 or 2 trout in a average day last year......catching pike seems easy to me.

Now I really like using a tiny pole that bends in half when you catch a 1 pound perch.  The skill in panfishing also involves using the right tackle.  There are certain jigs that work real well and others that don't.  You also have to know how to set the hook and have your drag set correctly.  Light line is a must....which makes a 3-4 pound bass a real challenge to land.  Last week I caught a 22" Pike on my ultra light ice rod.....that was fun!!!  You have to be constantly on the move if you want to catch fish.  My buddy and I are fairly competitive....so we keep our lines in the water 99% of the time.  No time to drink beers.....not much time to eat lunch.  We just fish!!!  And  we pee facing away from the crowd with our line still in the water.  It's that serious!   @) 
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #123 on: Feb 29, 2012, 01:49 PM »
Dont bother getting this guy going.
He make's a as* out himself on many threads.
He knows everything and you cant compete with him.
My experience with thes kinda guys is that they are all TALK.

Are you referring to me?
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline woodab17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 13.5 lbs
« Reply #124 on: Feb 29, 2012, 01:59 PM »
I don't expect most people to agree with me.....nor do I want them to.  I'm just stating my opinions.  It seems like the majority of fishermen I've seen are fishing for Pike, and I don't want all of them to start fishing for Crappie and Perch.  I'm NOT trolling, but I do enjoy threads like this a lot more than the typical "Can somebody tell me where to catch fish?" threads. 

I tried Pike.  I just don't get it.  I like all kinds of fishing.  It's just not my cup of tea.  I like to catch fish.  I set up my tipups for Pike and went 2 or 3 times earlier this year.  I used 60# braid with a 6 foot leader of 30# braid.  I used #2 Red trebles and the biggest live bait I could find.  Maybe I did have the wrong gear, I don't claim to know.  But I caught 7 or 8 pike each time I went out.  After catching 1 or 2 trout in a average day last year......catching pike seems easy to me.

Now I really like using a tiny pole that bends in half when you catch a 1 pound perch.  The skill in panfishing also involves using the right tackle.  There are certain jigs that work real well and others that don't.  You also have to know how to set the hook and have your drag set correctly.  Light line is a must....which makes a 3-4 pound bass a real challenge to land.  Last week I caught a 22" Pike on my ultra light ice rod.....that was fun!!!  You have to be constantly on the move if you want to catch fish.  My buddy and I are fairly competitive....so we keep our lines in the water 99% of the time.  No time to drink beers.....not much time to eat lunch.  We just fish!!!  And  we pee facing away from the crowd with our line still in the water.  It's that serious!   @)

You don't have the right equipment, but I love your enthusiasm.  I would close by saying getting a 15-25lb pike through the hole challenging just as landing a 3-4 lb bass.

Either way enjoy the ice while it's still here.

Offline woodab17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 13.5 lbs
« Reply #125 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:06 PM »
Dont bother getting this guy going.
He make's a as* out himself on many threads.
He knows everything and you cant compete with him.
My experience with thes kinda guys is that they are all TALK.

I hope your not referring to me.  Don't claim to know anything about catching browns.  Don't claim to know a lot about lakers or salmon.  But when it comes to what fish I think is dominant, I will hold strong that catching a big Pike is more exhilarating than any other fish I have caught.

Offline 1Badboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:24 PM »
I hope your not referring to me.  Don't claim to know anything about catching browns.  Don't claim to know a lot about lakers or salmon.  But when it comes to what fish I think is dominant, I will hold strong that catching a big Pike is more exhilarating than any other fish I have caught.

don't believe he was referring to you  ;)
more like the guy that knows everything about the fish he cant catch  ;D

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Mar 01, 2012, 03:31 PM »
don't believe he was referring to you  ;)
more like the guy that knows everything about the fish he cant catch  ;D

Wait a minute! I haven't even commented on this thread yet! ;D
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline trapper1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Jan 25, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Anyone know what fish to expect out of Glenn Lake?

Offline dbldnii

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #129 on: Jan 25, 2018, 02:47 PM »
haha- here we go again
Fish on

Offline DunmoreFAn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Jan 25, 2018, 03:14 PM »
I Like Unicorns.......
Fishin Ain't easy but it's better than work

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #131 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:56 PM »
I bet there is still a 20lber left in there.
 ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.