The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: VT Deer Hunting Survey  (Read 6890 times)

Offline azzlevt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: VT Deer Hunting Survey
« Reply #60 on: Jan 05, 2012, 10:22 PM »

I haven't seen bigger deer! just more spike horn's! I like deer within 20yds myself with my hand gun. so when i close one eye they don't disappear! lol  That's not how  you said i hunt.. but it did come out of your mouth.
I didn't see that many deer this year either.  horn's don't mean **** too me. I just love venison. but were all different!

I also catch too many fish and sell them. what do  you think about that?

Offline northernfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:12 AM »
I also catch too many fish and sell them. what do  you think about that?

I think you will be the next one crying about no fish in the lakes you fish.... ;D

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 06, 2012, 01:54 PM »
If state foresters put the time and effort into marking trees and timber sales I doubt they would give the money up. Everyone is hard up for funding. I hunt groton state forest... Theres not crap for deer and theres very limited food availability. I know exactly what a forest its like when it isn't managed!

the vermont fish and wildlife  DOES actively manage all the WMA and  logs them to improve habitat.  That money goes to the F&W pays the foresters salery and the rest goes back into land management...    Anything the National Forrest did log would not go to the state
OUR BAIT IS GAURENTEED TO CATCH FISH OR DIE TRYING :-)

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 06, 2012, 04:42 PM »
I hunt the Mt Mansfield state forest(34,000 acres). Entering from Moscow/iron gate area.The state of Vt hasn't cut crap in that area in close to ten years. Hence no new growth and no deer, there is plenty of mature wood to be harvested but the granola legislature doesn't want clearcuts etc. Mature forests don't support wildlife because animals need new growth which is choked out by the mature canopy .

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
« Reply #64 on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:55 AM »
I hunt the Mt Mansfield state forest(34,000 acres). Entering from Moscow/iron gate area.The state of Vt hasn't cut crap in that area in close to ten years. Hence no new growth and no deer, there is plenty of mature wood to be harvested but the granola legislature doesn't want clearcuts etc. Mature forests don't support wildlife because animals need new growth which is choked out by the mature canopy .

Unfortunately... we have the tree huggers to thank for that  :-\

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:56 AM »
132 participants have answered the survey  ;D

Keep them coming!! Spread the word!!

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline azzlevt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:08 AM »
I think you will be the next one crying about no fish in the lakes you fish.... ;D

Hey... how was your weekend? Did you make it out on the ice?  we caught some pretty decent perch by tyler place,  a few nice pike on bibt's.  Had a nice fish fry!   And you?  how's Carmi? has the whole thing froze yet? I never get up there much.  Sure is a pretty  pond though.  well take care... have a nice week!

Offline northernfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:46 AM »
Hey... how was your weekend? Did you make it out on the ice?  we caught some pretty decent perch by tyler place,  a few nice pike on bibt's.  Had a nice fish fry!   And you?  how's Carmi? has the whole thing froze yet? I never get up there much.  Sure is a pretty  pond though.  well take care... have a nice week!

Fished highgate springs on Sunday, busy is all I can say, two of us with thirty tip ups went through 4 dozen bait in two hrs, we figure around 50 fish on our tip ups and when that slowed down we caught a pail and a half of nice perch,  all that before work at 3.

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 09, 2012, 01:31 PM »

yea this area is not Wildlife Management Area  so this is not controled by the fish and wildlife that is why its not touched  its actually part of the state of vermont parks  and thanks to all the tree huggers  you probably will never see it logged unless you folks start screaming  call your Reps.. tell them this is crap    you have to play the politics game the squeeky wheel getts the grease  ...  even email if you want just do something..
OUR BAIT IS GAURENTEED TO CATCH FISH OR DIE TRYING :-)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.