Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1685760 times)

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #2340 on: Jan 17, 2018, 02:43 PM »
It is however really appalling that they cannot incorporate and actual live inventory management system. The question is if they are being incompetent or creative, as in my case they did end up with a higher sale.

It reeks of bait and switch to me. In this day and age a software program to manage inventory, orders etc isn't prohibitively expensive.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #2341 on: Jan 17, 2018, 03:20 PM »
In desperate need of a 6" Nils replacement bit I can't find one anywhere has anyone seen one?
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2342 on: Jan 17, 2018, 05:49 PM »
In desperate need of a 6" Nils replacement bit I can't find one anywhere has anyone seen one?

Pm sent..

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2343 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Fish usa deal

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2344 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:55 AM »
Fish usa deal

HT polar fire extreme ice rod $13.99

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2345 on: Jan 18, 2018, 01:37 PM »
I think this one is new than the other one in January, Cabela's $100 gc for $82. Limit 3. Very tempting as you can always use these to buy a license, and I am debating about getting a lifetime MN license.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Cabelas-Gift-Card-For-Only-82-FREE-Mail-Delivery/302600110676?_trkparms=5079%3A5000006550&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2346 on: Jan 18, 2018, 01:42 PM »
I think this one is new than the other one in January, Cabela's $100 gc for $82. Limit 3. Very tempting as you can always use these to buy a license, and I am debating about getting a lifetime MN license.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Cabelas-Gift-Card-For-Only-82-FREE-Mail-Delivery/302600110676?_trkparms=5079%3A5000006550&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true
.  Make sure you can buy a MN  lifetime license through Cabelas, think you  have to go through the dnr itself to get one of those

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2347 on: Jan 18, 2018, 01:53 PM »
.  Make sure you can buy a MN  lifetime license through Cabelas, think you  have to go through the dnr itself to get one of those

Yep, I just saw that....never mind....I am sure I could find something else to spend on over there....hunting license is an annual expense too....

I have been looking though their ice fishing stuff online and it is amazing how many things are either completely sold out or backordered, like most of their rod combos, including some of the expensive ones....

Is ice fishing such an underestimated market or are they ordering so little from manufacturers that they run out like that. It is no different in my local sporting store and even walmart nowadays. Used to be that the Clearance isle in walmart was lined up with this stuff starting in February, but this year I don't think there will be anything left to clearance out.

I wonder if there is a bigger demand lately or businesses are just getting much better at inventory management and manufacturer ordering.

Offline spoof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2348 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:39 AM »
Last couple years in ny there has been no ice. Til this year. :)  Wally World has Heritage Laker tip-ups for something like $13. at the end of last year.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2349 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Yep, I just saw that....never mind....I am sure I could find something else to spend on over there....hunting license is an annual expense too....

I have been looking though their ice fishing stuff online and it is amazing how many things are either completely sold out or backordered, like most of their rod combos, including some of the expensive ones....

Is ice fishing such an underestimated market or are they ordering so little from manufacturers that they run out like that. It is no different in my local sporting store and even walmart nowadays. Used to be that the Clearance isle in walmart was lined up with this stuff starting in February, but this year I don't think there will be anything left to clearance out.

I wonder if there is a bigger demand lately or businesses are just getting much better at inventory management and manufacturer ordering.
I don't think they are getting better at ordering the correct amount. My Wife works for Walmart and she says they don't know what they are doing. I agree. There is tons of one thing and nothing of other things all the time. Our local Walmart never carries Ice fishing gear nor Snagging hooks for the Salmon season. In the bigger store 63 miles away they have an ice fishing section which is all of 2 feet wide. Pretty funny because there is the Grand Mesa which is the Largest Flat top mountain in the world with 300 lakes on it 45 minutes away. All those Lakes freeze every year.
<===Lefty===

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting for the next Ice Age
« Reply #2350 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:59 AM »
Overstockbait.com has some buy one get three deals on soft jigs.  Bought from them recently and they have good service and you get what is advertised.

MM 🐛🐛🐛

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2351 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Those of you who got the Overton's order to go through, how long after you ordered did you receive a ship confirmation? Just trying to see if I should brace for cancellation from Gander Outdoors or not on my jet sled purchase 2 days ago.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2352 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:42 AM »
About 2 weeks on mine

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2353 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:14 AM »
About 2 weeks on mine

just to get a shipping confirmation or to get a cancellation?

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2354 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Conf

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2355 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:26 AM »
Please set up your own Overton b***hing site.  I know the Gander acquisition has been an abortion and Gander used to be my go to store.  But for the love of God, this site is supposed to be for deals not squeals  :%$#!:

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2356 on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Please set up your own Overton b***hing site.  I know the Gander acquisition has been an abortion and Gander used to be my go to store.  But for the love of God, this site is supposed to be for deals not squeals  :%$#!:

Dude, calm down....nobody was even talking bad about either of those stores atm. They do sell ice gear and with these promo codes they are actually pretty good deals. Not sure how asking about the shipping confirmation to compare to an order I actually placed is an inconvenience for you?! The deal was posted and those who wanted took advantage of it.

Not sure where you were when Cabela's did the same......

In fact every big retailer has probably canceled someone's order before, so are we prohibited about talking about it?

Please advise, if it is against the rules of the forum/thread to subsequently discuss the deal in a respectful fashion? I agree there is no need for bashing but nobody was doing that this time.

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #2357 on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:11 AM »

Rough day? Hang in there, the sun will still come up tomorrow.

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2358 on: Jan 19, 2018, 12:24 PM »
I use this site as much as anyone else to find good deals.  That is where I received the 20% off code to order my Ion X ice auger from Overton's 12 days ago.  I have received no emails or tracking information.  I just got off the phone with them and they said that the auger may be backordered and will get back to me.  She also did say that on the website it does not show backordered.  Completely ridiculous and they have lost my business from here on out.  Just glad I didn't have a big ice fishing trip ahead of me and needed this auger.  I would hope that Gander Outdoors is no longer associated with them or they will not last long.  My credit card stated Camping World for the statement.  Buyers beware.

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #2359 on: Jan 19, 2018, 03:54 PM »
anybody in Central NY, Herb Phillipsons is having 20% off. Just picked up a jet sled jr for 25.00 plus tax

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2360 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:30 PM »
I use this site as much as anyone else to find good deals.  That is where I received the 20% off code to order my Ion X ice auger from Overton's 12 days ago.  I have received no emails or tracking information.  I just got off the phone with them and they said that the auger may be backordered and will get back to me.  She also did say that on the website it does not show backordered.  Completely ridiculous and they have lost my business from here on out.  Just glad I didn't have a big ice fishing trip ahead of me and needed this auger.  I would hope that Gander Outdoors is no longer associated with them or they will not last long.  My credit card stated Camping World for the statement.  Buyers beware.

Camping world bought out Gander Mountain which also included Overton’s, Gander has been dissolved for the most part and combined into the Overton’s umbrella.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2361 on: Jan 20, 2018, 04:19 AM »
The people whining about people whining are cluttering this thread just as much as the people they're whining about. Perpetual bliss.  :'(

For people looking for cheap tungsten jigs.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162345262702

I ordered 25 3mm in a variety of colors. They seem almost as good as the Fiskas for just over $1 a piece...shipping takes up to 2 weeks though. Quality control is a bit lacking. The tungsten isnt centered on a few pcs. Not that the fish will care.
.      Just got my order yesterday when I got off the ice they look pretty good,can't wait to try     Thanks for the heads up Matt

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2362 on: Jan 20, 2018, 05:26 AM »
Glad you got your order.  Let’s move on to deals, please.  I mentioned overstockbait.com.  They’ve added buy 1 get 1 free and buy 1 get 2 free to their buy 1 get 3 free jigs and other lures.  Great customer service as well as rapid delivery and quality items.

Mountain Maggot  🐛🐛🐛

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2363 on: Jan 20, 2018, 07:55 AM »
I was just letting other guys know that I was happy with this deal and it arrived .boy you are something maggot

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2364 on: Jan 20, 2018, 10:32 AM »
I was just letting other guys know that I was happy with this deal and it arrived .boy you are something maggot
.      After 5 years on site with 200 posts, he is now in a hurry!!!

Offline Troutbum12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2365 on: Jan 20, 2018, 05:58 PM »
I just bought a 6” K drill from Thorne Bros for $180.

Offline Central Iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2366 on: Jan 20, 2018, 09:05 PM »
Duluth Trading has size 10 and 12 Korker Polar Vortex 1200 boots for $139.99 as of 5 minutes ago.
I pulled the trigger.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2367 on: Jan 21, 2018, 12:17 AM »
Duluth Trading has size 10 and 12 Korker Polar Vortex 1200 boots for $139.99 as of 5 minutes ago.
I pulled the trigger.

I was able to get Scheels to price match for size 14s even though Duluth was out of stock on them, just FYI. YMMV

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2368 on: Jan 21, 2018, 03:46 PM »
Has anyone noticed any deals around on a Eskimo 6120i? Would like to pick one up... Thanks.

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2369 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:44 AM »
.      After 5 years on site with 200 posts, he is now in a hurry!!!

You are correct.  5 years ago my work as geologist took me to Panama for a couple years, then I was stationed in Africa in the counties of Namibia and Tanzania. Did catch a 18 lb tiger fish but only found ice on Mount Kilimanjaro.

Came back stateside in 2016, then moved from Idaho to Missouri.  This year we have ice on the lakes so the Maggot is back!!!   Easy to judge when you don’t know the facts!

Mountain Maggot 🐛🐛🐛

BTW...Glens has the lowest prices on Ions and electronics around for those of who came to this thread for deals.  🎣

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.