New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: who ice fished yesterday or today  (Read 6332 times)

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Re: who ice fished yesterday or today
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2007, 01:02 PM »
Slipbob How much ice did you have ?
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2007, 01:03 PM »
I got out yesterday on Colchester pond in vermont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Man, did that take long enough.  1 Pike in a coupla hours of fishing-slow bite, but nice to be on the ice.  4 solid inches of ice and heard word of mouth reports that the sandbar has frozen over on Champlain.  Be CAREFUL everybody and enjoy this better late than never ice fishing season ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2007, 02:38 PM »
We fished the Hudson Sat and Today fished Trout testerday ;D

camo_fish

« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2007, 02:39 PM »
Got out today and got 4 pickeral from 1030a-200p with 2 fish per 3 flags apiece. Nothing was caught while jigging and we were on 2 1/2" - 5" of ice, there was one heck of a thin spot where we were. But, all in all it was a great 1st outing.  ;D
 :tipup: Fish On!

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #34 on: Jan 22, 2007, 03:01 PM »
Went out sat and sun, Thanks to Robb for the perch spot on Saturday it's not every day you see a perch come up 8+ feet off the bottom for your jig, what a massacre  ;D.
Sunday I made it out to see Robb and the crew, only stayed about an hour before me and Iceenut ventured off to find more fish.....well we found lots of ice but no more fish (one dinker perch). I think sunday was slow for alot of fisherman (east wind).
But all in all a good weekend, looking forward to getting my new wheeler on the ice 1/27 along with some Eyes.

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 22, 2007, 04:54 PM »
But, all in all it was a great 1st outing.  ;D

Glad to see ya got out "again." One question, did you forget about that thin Adirondack ice we conquered a few weeks ago?  :wacko:

Congrats to everyone else out there who finally made it on the hardwater... Now we can really show them other states what Team NY is all about ;)

I made it out Saturday on Caroga Lake, met GiddyupandFish and his father-in-law from Ireland. What a small world Giddyup's mom was my art teacher!

The wind was wild! The fishing was OK (not like that real November or December early ice) but OK.
Fished from 3:30 AM - 2 PM  30-40 mph wind  9 Degrees and sunny
2-4 inches of ice
caught a few smelt, some little skipper splake and a ton of dink perch!
I viewed tons of fish with the camera (new user). ALL I can say is WOW!  I learned more about how my jigs are presented and how fish react to my presentations in one day of fishing than I learned in my lifetime of underwater blindness! I highly recommend spending some time with a camera  fine tuning your presentations!

Tight Lines and dont forget this ice is still thin folks (Safety)  :callcops:
Coldbum  ;D

Offline Bartman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 22, 2007, 05:17 PM »
Yes, we got out yesterday. Played a hunch and actually found some ice not too far from home.

We got about 25 perch and gills in about 4 hours of fishing. I hooked some monster on the jig rod - fought it for about 7 minutes before the tiny hooked popped out about 5 feet from the hole.  - never saw it - I hate it when that happens :-[

Marbury was irritated because I didn't bring the tip-ups or buy minnows but he did manage to get the big one of the day.

It felt good to be out on the ice again.

Offline johnnypike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 22, 2007, 05:55 PM »
sunday,I fished Bulwaga Bay, just off the point at the campsite, and caught 4 or 5 pounds of smelt and 2 perch. there was 4 inches of ice. before i left at 430 some guys dragged their shanty out. this weekend coming up there will be alot more shanties out there. if you find yourself going through Port Henry to fish stop at  FMB  bait and tackle, his prices are the cheapest anywhere. he is open weeknights and weekends. happy fishing
Johnnypike
The big fish catcher

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:12 PM »
I finally made it out today down here in "The" Madison County :flex:

Real pretty black ice...I haven't seen solid first ice like this in a few years :)

Only fished the last 2 hours of the day and managed 6 Slob Perch over 12 inches...Boy did it feel AWESOME :woot:

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #39 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:35 PM »

I hit Trout Lake yesterday. There was 3 1/2 - 4" of good ice. I jigged up about two dozen perch .. half were dinks and the rest 10 - 12". I got two rainbows .. a 14" jigging and a 15" on the slammer I built.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:25 PM »
I hit Trout Lake yesterday. There was 3 1/2 - 4" of good ice. I jigged up about two dozen perch .. half were dinks and the rest 10 - 12". I got two rainbows .. a 14" jigging and a 15" on the slammer I built.

Sweeet day! What's a slammer?  Is it like and active tip-up?

Offline fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:37 PM »

The wind was wild! The fishing was OK (not like that real November or December early ice) but OK.
Fished from 3:30 AM - 2 PM  30-40 mph wind  9 Degrees and sunny
2-4 inches of ice
caught a few smelt, some little skipper splake and a ton of dink perch!
I viewed tons of fish with the camera (new user). ALL I can say is WOW! 

I hear ya CB, I made it out to Mayfield lake Sat. morning around 5 AM and dang that wind was a blowin'.  I thought about Caroga but I was on a schedule and the roads were snowy and my car sucks in the snow. Only managed one 17" pickerel and one broken line after an over ambitious hook set.  Jigged my butt off with a new jiggen pole a picked up at Jim's bait with no luck.  After talkin to a guy at work it turns out I was on the west rather than the east side of the like so I still am living my life crappieless. That camera think sounds cool.  Have you checked out the video's on Utube?

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #42 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:45 PM »
Went out with TGRM and caught a few pike in White Pond. Ice was sketchy 2 in. Esoxman came out also and got zipped.
Mr.Esox

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #43 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:07 AM »
Sweeet day! What's a slammer?  Is it like and active tip-up?

I built my mini slammer from a kit from Slamco .... here's a pic from Trout Lake :

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline WOODY PIKEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #44 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:15 AM »
FISHED FIRST LAKE IN OLD FORGE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY HAD 5-6 INCHES IN THE BAYS DIDN'T GET OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE BUT THERE IS SOME PERMENEANT SHANTIES OUT THERE AND A COUPLE SNOWMOBILES WENT ACROSS THE LAKE SATURDAY NITE.   CAUGHT 5 PIKE 25"-33" HOPE THAT HELPS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.