New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Quaker Lake  (Read 1118 times)

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Quaker Lake
« on: Feb 17, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Where is Quaker Lake?  What county is it in?

oakorchardfishking

Re: Quaker Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Cattaraugus county... southern tier in the alleghany state park! theres redhouse then quaker!
Take the thuway like your going to the galleria mall, get off on the springville exit(219 S) take that till it ends in springville, take a left then a right and your on 219 again into salamanca. go to 86 W and you will find the park, first there is redhouse then quaker!... look for all us idiots...lol  come on, join us!  ;D

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2006, 09:57 PM »
Thanks Oak! 

Offline DontHorseEmKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2006, 09:44 AM »
little longer distance , but faster to take 390s to dansville 36s to 86w(arkport) . follow the signs once you get to the olean , salamanca area . (about 2 1/2 hrs. from rochester) but worth the trip !!

Offline Fish-Doctor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2006, 06:47 PM »

Hey Gam -

I'm going to try and head down tomorrow morning.  My in-laws live down that way in Little Valley.  We usually take Rt 36 (Washington Street) out from Spencerport going South thru Churchville, Caledonia and then catch Rt 39 West over to Rt 219.

To go straight to Alleghany State Park and Quaker / RedHouse Lake, I'll go Rt 36S to Rt 39W and then catch Rt 98S in Arcade and then catch Rt 86 (between Olean and Salamanca, I believe).  From this Rt98 / Rt 86 intersection it's about 15 / 20 minutes to the Quaker Lake exit off of Rt86.

Hoping to be on the road around5:30 and get to the lake around 8:30.
Fish-Doctor  -  Ken

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2006, 06:52 PM »
wow, thats a long trip for you guy, but like was said, well worth the trip :tipup:
as you can see its almost in the negatives down here now, so we have safe ice :tipup:

come one come all, see you in the morning :tipup:

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2006, 06:53 PM »

Hey Gam -

I'm going to try and head down tomorrow morning.  My in-laws live down that way in Little Valley.  We usually take Rt 36 (Washington Street) out from Spencerport going South thru Churchville, Caledonia and then catch Rt 39 West over to Rt 219.

To go straight to Alleghany State Park and Quaker / RedHouse Lake, I'll go Rt 36S to Rt 39W and then catch Rt 98S in Arcade and then catch Rt 86 (between Olean and Salamanca, I believe).  From this Rt98 / Rt 86 intersection it's about 15 / 20 minutes to the Quaker Lake exit off of Rt86.

Hoping to be on the road around5:30 and get to the lake around 8:30.

I would head down and meet you but, I have to go to a baptism Tomorrow.  I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to fish.  Thanks for the directions.

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2006, 06:59 PM »
supposed to be some other shanty members there on monday

Offline kirkwooders

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Websters definition of a northern red neck.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2006, 08:31 PM »
I talked RHOLMES and his son into joining the festivities tomarrow.  Should be quite a crew if everybody shows up.  ;D
Dave
"There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.