New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: my ice fishing dreams for this year gone!!!  (Read 7055 times)

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
my ice fishing dreams for this year gone!!!
« on: Dec 16, 2005, 09:33 AM »
Well i was getting all excited to get out icefishing this year! on the smallboat harbor,lime lake and simcoe are now pretty much done.My girlfriend decided to summersalt down the stairs after getting her wisdom teeth out now shes in mercy hospital with what doctors believe is a broken vertabra in her head and neck.Just had a baby in oct and also have a 6 yr old so my hands are full.doctors already told me she is going to be wearing a halo for some time.Im out on comp for a knee injury which adelphia decided to fire me for,6 years of service as a good employee gets you no where with that company,and now my girl friend is going to be out of work for who knows how long.Its not going to be a xmas to remember for my little girl.The new born wont notice.Moneys tight almost none existent.Not sure how long i will be able to check the board for i might or should i say have to cancel my internet service.Good luck all this year ill be thinking of you's out there.

-perchwisher

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: my ice fishing dreams for this year gone!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2005, 10:02 AM »
That's tough, I wish the best to you and yours, may God guide you through these tough times. Remember what Christmas is about, its not all presents and parties, but being with your family and celebrating the miracles of the season. I really hope that your situation turns for the better very soon, no one should have to do without.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2005, 10:43 AM »
perchwisher, My and my families prayer's are with you and yours. Pasquatch is right , being with family is what it's all about!!! Thank god you where able to have two children to enjoy; as many can't. Be thankful that she's still with you and not with the man upstairs. If I had to pick fishing or family it would be family EVERY time as i'm sure it would be the same for everyone. Stay strong as things will only get better. If you can send me a personal message with your address I would appriciate it.  Utes

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Man that really stinks.  Sorry to hear about anyones bad fortune. Makes me feel kind of stupid for whining about how my wife just wants a little more time with me around the family.   Well I wish you the best of luck getting through these trying times.  I hope your lady pulls through quickly.  I can say that I am always surprised how much fun hangin out with the little ones can be. Embrace this and you will make bonds and memories that will last forever.  Good luck and god bless

T

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2005, 11:24 AM »
You have good friends here on The Shanty. If times get too out of hand, you can turn to all of us for help.
I can't speak for everyone, but I am sure they feel the same.
Please don't be afraid to ask.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2005, 11:53 AM »
I'm real sorry to hear about that,How about posting your address on here and see what happens.

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2005, 11:58 AM »
PW.....You have mail.  Contact me ASAP!!

Steve
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline TJC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LAKER TAKER
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Sorry to hear about your families misfourtune. Hopefully everybody heals up okay and you have a good holiday.

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2005, 12:14 PM »
Just remember, things will get better.  I've lost entire hunting and fishing seasone, there nothing compared to your children.  As they get older things get a little easier.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Hookset

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't eat the yellow snow!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2005, 12:41 PM »
Sorry to hear about the injury to your wife and your knee.  I extend to you my most sincere hope that things work out well for you through all of the chaos.  Happy Holidays to you and your family.  Take care.
We don't own nature, nature owns us.

Offline windmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2005, 12:55 PM »
Ditto, AugustWest's comment.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2005, 01:29 PM »
wow that is horrible, my wife read that and started to cry, it really puts our problems in perspective, me and my family wish you the best, and happy (as can be) hollidays. if you need anything there are alot of WNYers on here im sure would be happy to help in anyway, myself included :tipup:

Offline timbertom

• IceShanty Rookie
  • WALLEYES, WALLEYES AND SOMETIMES WALLEYES
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2005, 01:35 PM »
You will have a lot of people praying for you and your family.  Keep us posted and let us know if we can help. 

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2005, 01:41 PM »
You are definitely in our prayers. I feel for you and your family. The nice thing is, as mentioned before is you have a family and you get to be w/ all of them for Christmas. God Bless you and yours!
Things will get better, much better!

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2005, 02:57 PM »
sorry to hear about your problems perchwisher.  I truly hope everything works out fine for you and your family, and that you all have the best Christmas possible.  If I was near, I'd have the wife babysit for ya, and I'd take ya out for a few hours of ice fun...

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Wow!  That is tough.  You will be in our prayers.  Be thankful that she is still alive ::)

Ranger Out :tipup:

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Tragedy like that this time of year is horrible
My family will pray for you and yours.

As for Christmas, how old are your little girls? What does she like? PM your addy and
I can make a call to santa and maybe get you a little help?

God Bless you!

Offline viper123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2005, 05:38 PM »
maybe we should find out were he lives and send him some money?

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2005, 06:57 PM »
Guys/girls of iceshanty i just got home from the hospital again still with no more info than before.I just read the replies of all of you's and it makes you relize that there are alot of Great people in NY and if any replies were from out of state i thank you also.I almost lost it as i read threw them.(all choked up)Money is not necessary we will make it threw it some how some way hopefully.But if there is anyone out there that would like to send a get well card to my girlfriend(finace')she wouldnt believe the support us fisherman have for each other!she thinks its just a reason out of the house!lol Well she does enjoy the fish i bring home.We were suppose to be married in april in vegas but she had a theatened miscarriage and couldnt fly.White weddings we both agree are to expensive these days.We  would of rather take our daughter at the time to disney world.I still cant believe all the supportive replies from everyone they are very helpful.Can anyone offer me a job lol J/k I have another couple weeks of recovery still cant decend stairs like a normal person have to do them one at a time.Wow you guys really blew me away!!!!   THANK YOU ALL ICE SHANTIES OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I have to end this now eyes are to blury with tears .Thanks again

TJ and christine mccourt/bulger
79 madison ave
lackawanna ny 14218

Thanks again for all the support it means alot!-perchwisher

Offline gair-z

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2005, 07:21 PM »
wow, it really does put things in perspective when another has a crisis..  sorry to hear about the misfortune.  Your family will be in my family's prayers.. 
you WILL have a merry Christmas.  just remember, fishin is nothing compared to being with your family at a time of need.  Fishin' will be even better when you get back out there..  believe it.

gair-z
Pres.    Cuba Lake Crappie Killers (pre Ice Shanty) (defunct)
2007 1st place Cuba Lake Wizard tourney - Perch
2013 1st place DSO Ice Tourney - Bluegill

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 17, 2005, 05:33 AM »
perchwish
Check your mail.
COld Feet

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2005, 07:40 AM »
cards are going out today. its not much but hope that it helps make your holiday a little better.

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2005, 08:34 AM »
Thanks hookedonice i cant believe the support ive received from the board its overwelming!!!!Well gotta fly its my daughter bday party today thank god her parents are in town to help me pull this off.

-perchwisher

Offline Fish-Doctor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2005, 08:48 AM »

TJ,

Our thought and prayers are with you.  We also are having a birthday party for our son who turns 2 tomorrow.  Best of luck to you and your family.  Check your mail in a couple of days.

Ken
Fish-Doctor  -  Ken

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2005, 04:42 PM »
PW Our prayers are with you and yours.

Offline icetime

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 17, 2005, 07:06 PM »
BETTER DAYS ARE COMING.........

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
« Reply #26 on: Dec 17, 2005, 09:50 PM »
perchwisher   so so sorry to hear about your girl.... was feeling kinda sorry for myself because i may lose the season myself i to fell down some stairs and it looks like back surgery for me and my 2 hurniated disks....i must say now i feel kinda selfish. keep your chin up things are looking better everyday                           

water
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 19, 2005, 12:33 AM »
Guys/girls of iceshanty i just got home from the hospital again still with no more info than before.I just read the replies of all of you's and it makes you relize that there are alot of Great people in NY and if any replies were from out of state i thank you also.I almost lost it as i read threw them.(all choked up)Money is not necessary we will make it threw it some how some way hopefully.But if there is anyone out there that would like to send a get well card to my girlfriend(finace')she wouldnt believe the support us fisherman have for each other!she thinks its just a reason out of the house!lol Well she does enjoy the fish i bring home.We were suppose to be married in april in vegas but she had a theatened miscarriage and couldnt fly.White weddings we both agree are to expensive these days.We  would of rather take our daughter at the time to disney world.I still cant believe all the supportive replies from everyone they are very helpful.Can anyone offer me a job lol J/k I have another couple weeks of recovery still cant decend stairs like a normal person have to do them one at a time.Wow you guys really blew me away!!!!   THANK YOU ALL ICE SHANTIES OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I have to end this now eyes are to blury with tears .Thanks again

TJ and christine mccourt/bulger
79 madison ave
lackawanna ny 14218

Thanks again for all the support it means alot!-perchwisher

Hang in there my friend. While i don't know you personally i am sure we all know just way to well about things that happen. It can be bright and sunny and then cloudy and nasty but the sun will shine again it just takes time. If you need some venison please don't hesitate to ask. Also if you are fully able to work in the next 3 weeks and can be there each day (OT also) then i may be able to help you out with a job in Buffalo. I am a supervisor at a local plant here in buffalo and i may have some job openings within the next 4 weeks. I wish you and your family much luck.

Sincerely Jim

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 19, 2005, 02:42 AM »
It is amazing to see the support from this group, it makes things that are so tragic seem not so bad when there is such an overwhelming response to  more than likely a stranger, that has had hard times fall upon his family. It seems like the worst time to have so many hardships dealt your way, but this is the time to be with family and show your true love for on another, by commitment not the materialistic ways that the commercialized Christmas has become. As said before keep the great outlook that you have and you will always be rewarded. You are in our prayers.

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 19, 2005, 01:47 PM »
Hang in there my friend. While i don't know you personally i am sure we all know just way to well about things that happen. It can be bright and sunny and then cloudy and nasty but the sun will shine again it just takes time. If you need some venison please don't hesitate to ask. Also if you are fully able to work in the next 3 weeks and can be there each day (OT also) then i may be able to help you out with a job in Buffalo. I am a supervisor at a local plant here in buffalo and i may have some job openings within the next 4 weeks. I wish you and your family much luck.

Sincerely Jim
Jim i might have to take you up on the job!!!!!!!!!!!!what kinda work is it?Not that it matters much i have to support my family.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.