Author Topic: Elevenmile update  (Read 1017 times)

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Elevenmile update
« on: Dec 17, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Larry Falk up at the marina reports that the ice is at 6" to 10" and the lake is fishing well for trout. You can read his full shtick at 11milesports.com
Weather looks decent for a few days so old Stinky will make an appearance Friday and show you boys how it's done.
Big talk, eh?
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Elevenmile update
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2015, 09:09 AM »
Stinky what area are you heading for ?
Bud

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2015, 09:10 AM »
Thanks for the update, Stinky -- looking forward to hearing how everyone does on Friday. I guess that's the day to be there.  I'm trying to decide if I want to make it down on Saturday.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2015, 09:42 AM »
IFF-- I'll PM you.
Nate-- It looks like Saturday's weather will be better than Friday. Of course, every third citizen on the front range will suddenly decide to take up ice fishing.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2015, 10:20 AM »
Just PM you back, Stinky

Nate will try be sending a PM to you too!
Bud

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2015, 10:56 AM »
I'm sick of freekin rainbows.  Im gonna go get me some perch.
Yeah, trout are a feeble minded fish for feeble minded fishermen but they're the only thing I've figured out how to catch steadily through the ice. Keeping an eye on those warmwater lakes South of me and of course points East for some tastier options.
                                                               Stinky

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2015, 11:28 AM »
I'll be heading for the mile Saturday with a buddy, maybe 2. We won't be arriving until trout happy hour around 9.
Thanks for the update Stinky. Ice is now thick enough for the uninitiated masses to decide it looks fun until those ice shaking star wars battles begin!
Selective harvest works!

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2015, 11:38 AM »
Cross creek was kinda slow for me yesterday morning. Caught 3 between 16-18", missed a couple and saw a huge pike stalking my tube jig for a while. Water is pretty murky in that area but the ice is thick enough now, you can get pretty adventurous if you can pull your sled over the snow that is covering the lake now. The plow I pull kept me close to the truck.

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2015, 11:56 AM »
Slow yesterday in suckers cove area for me! Lost 2 at the hole in 9 ft of water around 12pm and land twin in 5 minutes at 16ft around two pm. Only marked 2 other fish that didn't bite! Others around me weren't doing any better and heard a guy say he lost a rod down the hole around 10 am? My fish were 16 and 18

Offline waterwhipper

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2015, 12:32 PM »
We hit Caylor Bay on Tuesday Dec 15th was slow for us . One Large pike on and broke off estimated 38" plus on a sucker. One nice trout about 18" on Pink Lady teaser. 2 other bites. Saw about 15 fish total. but just could not get them to go. We were there Post front and with the Pressure rising put the fish in a negative mood. Friday and Saturday should be good Pre front and middle of front with falling pressure. We will be open at 5:00 AM on Saturday for those heading up . Sundays opening at 8:00am.

Offline shawdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2015, 02:04 PM »
I would be willing to do some traveling Friday or Sunday for a mess of perch as well!!! How much snow on the ice at the mile?

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2015, 03:34 PM »
Around 4" of snow at cc yesterday. Guys with small sleds were getting out there. I need to finish my smitty sled.

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2015, 10:17 PM »
What part of the lake are people getting perch? Figure the next time I make the journey and it's slow maybe I give perch a try? I've only been to CC , suckers and the  campground past suckers cove so not overly familiar with the rest of the lake? Thanks for any info ahead of time!  ;D

Offline Jcoby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2015, 11:31 PM »
Fished 11mile today from sunrise till 1:30pm. (Beautiful Day) Started off between Caylor Bay & Back Country Bay. Moved over to Suckers Cove around 10am. Wind kicked us off towards the end of the day. Very slow for us & other fisherman we talked to. 3 of us w/ 6 rods total, we threw many things at them. Caught 1 rainbow and missed a few other bites. Good amount of people out at Still point. Ice was 6+ everywhere will drilled (25+ holes) Trying it again sometime next week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.