The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Battery box idea  (Read 2961 times)

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Battery box idea
« on: Sep 21, 2017, 06:39 AM »
Anyone have an idea for a veilar battery box????
I can build 1 out of 1 bi but, im trying to avoid that.
Any ideas how to  mount it to my flip over?
A buddy of mine gave me a few strings of led lights  at seasons end last year to mount in my flip over.
I can run them right to the vex but,im afraid it my cause interference on the screen.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Battery box idea
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2017, 07:30 AM »
I bought a small plastic ammobox from harbor frieight for 5 bucks and padded a battery in there with some 12 volt plugins hooked up to it. You could mount it to your sled if you wanted with a couple of bolts or a strap, I just leave it free so I can move it around. They do make battery mounts that go in the sleds with a clip strap to hold them in. I bought a few when gander went out to use to hold my battery's to charge on my wall with out taking up a ton of space all summer........
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2017, 08:52 AM »
The LED lights don't use much juice but I like to keep it separate anyway. I got a cheap plastic ammo box and set it up with a couple bolts to clamp onto for terminals and added a switch. Pretty simple and there are better ways to do it. I leave mine loose also so I can bring the whole thing inside to charge it. Next time we get together I'll bring my battery box with me so you can check it out.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2017, 10:06 AM »
The LED lights don't use much juice but I like to keep it separate anyway. I got a cheap plastic ammo box and set it up with a couple bolts to clamp onto for terminals and added a switch. Pretty simple and there are better ways to do it. I leave mine loose also so I can bring the whole thing inside to charge it. Next time we get together I'll bring my battery box with me so you can check it out.

Same idea used PVC end caps to protect the bolts..added a 12v cigarette plug in and bring a usb style adapter ...but have used the battery from my Vexilar w/o interference for my LED lights
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2017, 10:38 AM »
also no interference sharing LED lights with my marcum lx9 stock battery. looking forward to longer run times with their new lithium shuttle using the charge jack as power port. while sharing the battery, it does run down rather fast, but i fish for a long time per outing.

having a battery box is nice for keeping your shack lighting on while your out away from it scouting. i use cob lighting on the bottom of the sonar head unit to light up for night fishing outside the shack(s). i used hot glue to mount it. this is used way more than the shack lighting.

a buddy of mine mounted a small length of water proof 5050 smd to the underside of his showdown arm and likes it a lot. it is more directional for my tastes. he uses his showdown battery to power it and also has no interference issues with it.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2017, 10:55 AM »
There is the clam battery bracket??

9 to 12 dollars sold almost every ware lot lighter then a ammo can for same price but also with ammo can you can mount switches to it 
I would just attach them to sled the switches and run the wires threw the shanty poles on a flip over.. if I had a pan/box brake I am sure I could make money bending custom ones lol's ..

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Great ideas guys.
Thanks.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2017, 08:23 AM »
Oh man you're adding LED lights inside your hut.  I'm going get you a small mirrored ball to hang in there with the lights and start calling you Disco Duck the Ice Fisherman.   ;D  On a serious note if you want I'll work on getting you a .30 caliber ammo can if you want.  Or if you want to go bigger a .50 caliber ammo can.  Either way all you'll have to do is drill a hole in the lid or side to run the wires through. 

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2017, 07:49 PM »
Your the best Chris.
Thank you.
I never liked disco.
When the Stones did their disco album
I blackballed the for years.
How such a Rock ,Blues band could sell out to Disco was beond me.
From Luvin Cup to DOSCO,go figure???,,

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Sep 23, 2017, 06:43 PM »
You're welcome Pal.  I hear you there about the Stones and Disco but I really could see you dancin around in your hut with the lights, mirrored ball, sunglasses on, and jiggin away.  LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.