Author Topic: Cascade 2018  (Read 14221 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Cascade 2018
« Reply #90 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Ok here's my story/pics, I have a few of Icecutterion's pics mixed in. I'll start it off with Hardh20's big one for the trip then some of the jumbos I pulled in, including my should be short board entry. LOL

These ones were for Corey, R.I.P.

A few for Bub that finally joined us for a trip again, including one of the many minnows these fish puked up all over the ice. FREE BAIT!!!

Icecutterion and his bro with one of their hauls

Woofy's $$$ winner with a pic of the sweet extra tall jacker donated by Geezer as a consalation prize for our house big fish tourney saturday. Good job Woofy

A couple of Hutbomber's

The drive up and home was beautiful. The rivers and bridges in the area were spectacular. I should have took more pics but the conversation kept us pretty busy

Our house was very comfy and accomodating. It was great getting to the house parking the vehicles and just riding the sleds/wheelers to and from fishing. Really the only complaint I had was not enough parking area for the amount of stuff we all haul and what we haul it in or on. We bring way tooooo much crap! Heres some shots of the happenings in the house. Mostly enjoying a few beverages and fileting alot of fish

And then of course the "on ice" shots, I cant take credit for all these as Icecutterion took some dandys including the foggy sunset pic of his bro on his own away from the group on a mission for the 16 incher

As I already said what a great time and EPIC journey to the land of JUMBO PERZILLAS. I really appreciate all the praise for putting this together but if it weren't for you guys, my fellow ice brothers, I would be fishing solo. Your all welcome and I cant wait for the next trip. Now lets see some more pics!!!

Tightlines
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #91 on: Jan 17, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Great pictures, looks like you guys had a very enjoyable trip for your first trip to the hard deck there.

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 17, 2018, 06:21 PM »
Looks like a "HECK" of a good time PBR'S, a little Russian champagne, and plenty of laughs I am sure!!!

Offline Backwoodsboy.50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Jan 17, 2018, 08:48 PM »
Not gonna lie I’m still way jealous!!! I filleted 72 perch in the past two days and I’m pretty sure the smallest one you guys caught could eat the biggest one I caught...  one more time we’ll done guys!
"your using to small of a lure... zooplankton would pass that up" - my old man

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #94 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Thank you very much packfan, liv2hunt & backwoodsboy. It was a great trip and you know how we roll now cheap barley expensive potatoe. LOL I was so pleased to see the conditions that we had. The last few years there have been pretty rough with the deep snow and slush. I was really surprised by how dense the fog gets there and happy I listened to everyone about taking my gps. I actully took 2. It was key to getting back to the house for me multiple times. You really had to watch it with other fisherman too. You would come up on other people fast in that thick fog and I was going under 15-20mph
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:00 AM »
Holy smokes what a great time and what a great lake! It was awesome to get to see everyone and spend some time with you guys and meet some new friends. Thanks to everyone for making it an amazing trip. Here's a few pictures I took and a few I poached.

I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #96 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:27 AM »
While I wasn't with the 'Group', I was there and my much smaller group did good as well.  We could here you guys having a ball over a mile away on saturday; hoopin' & hollerin'.   ;D

Here are a couple of pictures on how I did on Saturday,

and on Sunday.

I also caught my very first ever pikeminnow (squawfish) off a JawJacker:

I thought I had the new state record perch on with that one.   :thumbsup:

It was a great trip and I plan on going back up on February 14th for another go for 4 days.  Retirement & Life are both good.   :clap:    :icefish:
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #97 on: Jan 18, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Very nice Bob, you and massntrash both got pikeminnows. Thats cool. Wish we would have had one in our group. Those things can get massive
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Jan 18, 2018, 09:05 PM »
What a great trip! Sorry I am late posting, but you guys wore me plumb out. My first night on the road was spent at Uncle Dan's place in Idaho Falls. I was thankful to have a place half way to break up the long trip. The next morning, the tunes were cranked and the course was set. I am always a little nervous going it alone on a trip to a new and unknown destination, but there is also an excitement to it that can be addicting.
Picked up a couple of Jigger Totters that were key to my fishing success from Tom's tackle shop. They are custom made by a nice fellow shanty member by the name of icehogger84. Nice work my friend!

My first days alone were brutal to say the least. Solid rain for over 20 hours straight and warm temps made for a wet mess! Stayed in my Suburban for Three nights and met a new friend. We hung out for a couple of nights together. I think it must have been the doughnuts that kept him around.

Weather finally cooled off and turned all the water and slush into good slick ice and zero snow.

After a couple days of going solo, I met up with some great company and had a very enjoyable time with them. Thank you guys for getting me in front of a good hot meal and a nice warm bed to sleep in. Hut Bomber is always prepared with a boot dryer that He has been kind enough to share with me more than once. Thank You kind Sir. The next day, Bob was able to teach an old dog some new tricks as far as the fishing goes. Many thanks for that!

The crew started rolling in and The fish didn't even have a chance! You guys are total pros.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Jan 18, 2018, 09:14 PM »

I was even able to meet up with my sweet little Afton for lunch.

Until next time, it is back to work for me. Thanks again guys!!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #100 on: Jan 18, 2018, 09:34 PM »
Great pics and post joe, I think you are the only one that got a pic of me sleeping on the job. That sled was not that comfy but needed during that lull lunch hour.  Lol I'm curious to know what those halo looking rainbow things were on the ice as the fog was lifting. They looked cool. As always good times great friends
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:27 PM »
While I wasn't with the 'Group', I was there and my much smaller group did good as well.  We could here you guys having a ball over a mile away on saturday; hoopin' & hollerin'.   ;D

Here are a couple of pictures on how I did on Saturday,

and on Sunday.

I also caught my very first ever pikeminnow (squawfish) off a JawJacker:

I thought I had the new state record perch on with that one.   :thumbsup:

It was a great trip and I plan on going back up on February 14th for another go for 4 days.  Retirement & Life are both good.   :clap:    :icefish:

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:31 PM »
Nice mess of fish Bob, those old squaw fish can sure put up a battle, I have caught some 6-7 pounders down on the Snake. :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.