Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake  (Read 431541 times)

Offline fishing nut

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clear Lake
« Reply #750 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:25 PM »
Is anyone having anyluck after dark?  ???   I work all day and would like to get into a few at night. Any info would be great
                                                                                                                                                                   I have not had to much luck after 6, but I think it all depends on where you are. Most of the bites come between 3 and 5pm. for me. In the past years we have caught fish as late as 11- 12pm. Every day is different and this year is just that very different. Good luck

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #751 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:56 PM »

drill many holes and when you find fish you will catch them.  try 8ft - 10ft.  use GLOW jigs.  around the open water holes have always been good after dark.  Down Town!

I have not had to much luck after 6, but I think it all depends on where you are. Most of the bites come between 3 and 5pm. for me. In the past years we have caught fish as late as 11- 12pm. Every day is different and this year is just that very different. Good luck

Offline jagerdog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yes ma'am, I can fish well too!!
« Reply #752 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:37 PM »
Here some nice ones that the silverback and I got last weekend.  We kept the 40 biggest and had 12 that were 11" or more.  Still trying to master pictures.....

Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand!

Offline jagerdog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yes ma'am, I can fish well too!!
« Reply #753 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:42 PM »
A couple more photos of a few fresh from the pan and one from my "take a kid fishing" trip.  I was able to teach the vanilla gorilla how to use my vex, so now I'm qualified to teach small children and council the criminally insane...

Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand!

Offline iowaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #754 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:45 AM »
any new reports from clear lake. i am hoping to make it over there todat some time to our permie.  it seems like  that it has been more of a day bite. the last couple evenings we have been there in the usual "prime time" we have maked little to no fish. we are in 12 fow of water so it makes me wonder if the evening bite is happening in eight or ten foot of water i wouldnt think that it would make that big of a difference being in tweleve or ten but i am seriously starting to wonder why we cant mark or catch fish from the 4-6 time period.

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #755 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:40 PM »
can you say lock jaw     if the fish are bitting   is all  hush      if thay are trying to find out  then  it all opem game     so i give up     go fish    have fun for  the day     it dont realy matter    every thing has changed    this year      i have made   a few trips up there       and any time on the ice is always fun    prime rib is chepper   but      it the idea of being out there      dont need  a 30 in waleye        ect   i do it to  get a way and get out of the house  if you hit them  wounder full   if not you and your buddy had a good day   on the ice    there is nothing cheep   about ice fishing   eather  is any thing eles   so injoy   at least there   is not  a jet sky     flying by you at   30 mph        but last year i did have  a i dont know what you call them    paire sale    sky    guy   hit my truck      that was fun to see    he did not get hurt tg     but   keep your rods up and your line wet   

Offline fishing nut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #756 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:50 PM »
I was out Wed. from 4-6:30 in about 9 fow. One little perch, and very little on the vex.  Its like real estate location- location -location

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #757 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:56 PM »
i fished the 9 ft   of water     got two eyes is all     to small     to keep     but no yellows      dont know   but had fun being there   

Offline iowaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #758 on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:52 AM »
was out yesterday from 1pm-6pm and it flat out sucked. i marked two fish and caught one yellow i dont know what the deal is but it has been dead lately

Offline KrappieSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #759 on: Jan 15, 2010, 09:56 AM »
was out yesterday from 1pm-6pm and it flat out sucked. i marked two fish and caught one yellow i dont know what the deal is but it has been dead lately

Maybe you guys fished the yellows out too..  ???  haha
Pool 9 Pro

Offline Wally Lindner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #760 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Good one, Krappieslayer.  Don't know if thats possible with that species.

Offline KrappieSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #761 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:22 AM »
Good one, Krappieslayer.  Don't know if thats possible with that species.

How many people actually go out to target and enjoy catching yellows?  Apparently, it must be popular. 
Pool 9 Pro

Offline Wally Lindner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #762 on: Jan 15, 2010, 01:00 PM »
How many people actually go out to target and enjoy catching yellows?  Apparently, it must be popular. 
The answer to that question should be none.  However its catching on now since the walleyes went extinct in that lake.

Offline kauffman_matt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #763 on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:37 PM »

I fish yellows all the time.  I love fishing them because they come in schools when they hit its usually some pretty fast fishing.  Personally I think that they are better eating than walleye.  I learned to ice fish in Minnesota and we would go to Winnie and Leech Lake all the time for yellows. 

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #764 on: Jan 16, 2010, 12:25 AM »
where are most peoples permanent ice houses? im goona take mine out sunday. just want a good idea where people are taking them..and where most of the people are at.
icefisher

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #765 on: Jan 16, 2010, 01:47 AM »
1/14/10   ;)

Offline Bull_Gill_Mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #766 on: Jan 16, 2010, 04:58 AM »
Nice Gator! What did she measure?

Offline YellowSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #767 on: Jan 16, 2010, 05:37 AM »
I'm with you on that I love fishing yellows I totally agree with you that they taste better than eyes and I think they fight a lot more than an eye

Offline porkchop1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • inside new perm.
« Reply #768 on: Jan 17, 2010, 12:17 AM »
 :o  WOW

Offline KrappieSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #769 on: Jan 17, 2010, 01:24 AM »
Very nice Shanty!!
Pool 9 Pro

Offline roberts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #770 on: Jan 17, 2010, 07:49 AM »
went and fished the mudd  puddle   yesterday    still no luck    did not even get any thing on the flasher at all   

Offline c.r.rick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing and hunting ducks and bucks
« Reply #771 on: Jan 17, 2010, 10:01 AM »
hey shanty nice fish buddy and yellowslayer ill give ya that the yellows fight harder then eyes but no way do they taste better!!  ill take perch, eyes and crappies over a yellow anyday but we all have our own taste buds ;)
early to bed early to rise fish like h.e.l.l. and think up lies.

Offline iowaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #772 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:06 AM »
any body have any luck out there this weekend ???  we spent the night friday night. we fished from 3 on friday to 3 saturday and didnt even get a bite in our permie.  i think it is a dead sea right now and i also do believe from what i have heard the numbers are down on everything out there. talked to a bunch of people who had little to no luck this weekend any where on the lake from the small lake island farmers and the pump house.

Offline Big Blue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #773 on: Jan 18, 2010, 12:55 PM »
January is typically a slow month for ice fishing IMO. It should pick up again next month.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #774 on: Jan 18, 2010, 03:56 PM »
we got 62 sunday.

Offline icefisher4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #775 on: Jan 18, 2010, 04:43 PM »
we got 62 sunday.

what part of the lake were ya fishing? tryin to find a place for my permie

Offline YellowSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #776 on: Jan 18, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Has anybody been to Silver lake, elm lake, or rice lake lately.  Wanna try to find some perch fairly close to home.

Offline Walleye Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #777 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Is going out tomarrow to see what I can flop out on the ice. It has been slow where i am at. ??? No idea where to go. Dont sound like they are biting anywhere so i guese I will have to pull the portable out and find the honey hole.

Offline IAEYE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #778 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:26 PM »
silver is a hit and miss.  if you fish for pike you will have fun.

Offline Walleye Baiter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #779 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Lets make a trip up to spirit and see what happens.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.