Author Topic: Here's another....how about South Mud ice?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Here's another....how about South Mud ice?
« on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:03 PM »
Fulton County! Shout out if ya' know! Lookin for ice on South Mud....come back?
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Jodilynn

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Here's another....how about South Mud ice?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:59 AM »
I phoned the bait shop at Nyona Lake this morning.  He said that South Mud and Nyona aren't ready yet but probably by the end of the week.  Can't wait.  ;D

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Jodillynn....I'll be heading up on Thursday night. I will be on South Mud hopefully Fri. am. Look for a black HT Polar express or a guy wearing an all green Refridgerware suit. Hope to meet you. If the ice is not safe I will be on Round, Diamond or maybe Shriner. Thursday eve. I will be checking all the ice conditions on these lakes.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Jodilynn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2007, 05:52 PM »
I usually fish Nyona lake and the south end of Manitau.  Also, I am usually the only female out there, so it is probably me.    I've always been curious about South Mud but have never fished it.  I'll have to try someday.  See ya out there sometime, Jigmup.   :)

Jodi

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2007, 06:50 PM »
Jigs,
Grab your rope, bucket and try to lose 10 pounds  :), cuz where going on an all out assalt on some perch!!! Even if we get a unwelcome entry into the polar bear club.  Ice is guarantee with this forecast, and it is about time!!!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline weidner21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2007, 07:54 PM »
Does anyone have a update on the ice here?....also does anyone have the number of a local bait shop near by....thanks weidner21

Offline Jodilynn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2007, 11:02 PM »
Does anyone have a update on the ice here?....also does anyone have the number of a local bait shop near by....thanks weidner21

The bait shop that is near there is called Malone's Bait and Tackle. Nice Bait shop.  Here is the number. 
(574) 382-5051

Offline weidner21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2007, 11:12 PM »
thank you ...would you happen to know how the ice is in that area?....thanks weidner21

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2007, 03:25 AM »
thank you ...would you happen to know how the ice is in that area?....thanks weidner21

I called Malones Monday the 1st, he said they had been fishing there for a week already. I went up next day, 2nd Feb. Caught 8-9 gills(3 keepers), 1 perch and a bass. Believe it or not, out in the middle just N. of Malone bait in 25-30', there was someone fishing. Never talked to him, but with only 5" infront of malones, I bet there couldn't been very thick out there. Also 2 was fishing almost under the bridge, that along with the middle usually freezes last.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.