The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Independence  (Read 729 times)

Offline NorthAmericanHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Independence
« on: Feb 05, 2015, 07:42 PM »
Thinking about hitting Independence this weekend. Going for gills/crappie, walleye... I've had a slow bit all season. Anyone have any luck or willing to share some tips for this lake or maybe a different lake in the west metro? Thanks!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Lake Independence
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2015, 04:27 AM »
Welcome to the Shanty NorthAmericanHunter!

Nice having you here! :clap: :clap:

I have only fished Indy a couple of times and that was in the Summer for musky.

I am sure someone will help you out!

WS

Offline DrewFlu33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2015, 01:41 PM »
Was out there on Saturday.  It was tough.  Perch kept moving through enough to keep you interested, all in the 7-8 inch range, but bites were frustratingly light, lots of short strikers (so many, many missed fish) and many long inspections without a bite.  Had to lightly jig to get their attention, then stop it dead to have a chance.  Water was pretty murky, so cameras were all but useless.

One 10 inch walleye was brought up at dusk between 4 anglers about the time the perch disappeared. 

In 15-25 FOW.  Set up in the AM with one other house around, found ourselves in the middle of a zoo by the time dusk hit.  Don't know what everyone was thinking/doing, but hopefully others had better luck than we did.

Relocating for this weekend to some deeper water in hopes of having better luck.

Offline salmonerd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2015, 10:49 AM »
Any updates on crappie action? Fishing report says they are suspended over deep holes. I'm thinking of trying tomorrow, any tips on the bite?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.