The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Augers  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Icejigger10

• IceShanty Rookie
Augers
« on: Jan 14, 2018, 09:51 PM »
How are the electric augers was thinking of getting one?

Offline E Z turn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Augers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:41 AM »
There is a lot of posts on electric augers on this site. Check them out . To get an idea on how many are switching check out Craigs list and see how many gas augers are for sale.
Oops! is too late.

Offline DWinMN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2018, 10:18 AM »
I would get an electric, either one of the powerhead versions(Stikemaster, Ion, ect.) or one that you attach a 1/2" brushless drill to.

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:26 AM »
I have friends that have both and like them. The only advantage to the strike master it comes with 2 batteries.  Mark :tipup:

Offline z_man111

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2018, 07:12 PM »
heard great things about electric, but i went with strikemaster 4 stroke, which has been awesome.  cost of replacement battery is what turned me off to electric. 

Offline dcmod25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2018, 08:33 AM »
i run a strikemaster lite solo powerhead with a k-drill bit attached to it. weighs just under 20lbs full of fuel. this thing is a ice eating machine! 120 holes this last weekend through 16 to 18" of ice and still had 1/4 tank of fuel left. best part is no extra batteries to keep warm and never have to replace batteries! i would recomend this set up to anyone!!

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2018, 11:08 PM »
I run a nils 6" with a Milwaukee 2704. I Have 8 batteries ranging from 5amp to 9 amp. I drilled 400-500 holes a day for a week straight on lower Red in November. Charged the batteries at night, never ran short. Weighs about 10 pounds.

Offline 830king

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2018, 08:30 PM »
I run a nils 6" with a Milwaukee 2704. I Have 8 batteries ranging from 5amp to 9 amp. I drilled 400-500 holes a day for a week straight on lower Red in November. Charged the batteries at night, never ran short. Weighs about 10 pounds.

I have the same set up and its been flawless. I really like being able to put it in the back of my suv and not have gas and/or oil leaking and stinking it up. I believe the K-drill is even lighter yet, but i never seen one in action so I can't say how well it performs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.