The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hibbing, Minnesota area lakes  (Read 1595 times)

Offline crappiemaster

• IceShanty Rookie
Hibbing, Minnesota area lakes
« on: Aug 12, 2005, 05:18 PM »
hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone fishes in the hibbing area.  I have a cabin on happy lake in st. louis county.  I love to fish the lakes around there.  just wondering if anyone was catching some slab crappies up there.  if you have any information about where the fish are biting or some good lakes up there, plz share.  it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

elbowlake

Re: Hibbing, Minnesota area lakes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2005, 08:47 AM »
im new to the area, but i dont think im that far from you...elbow lake, near vermillion.
woke up this morning to find the lake froze over last night, so it is almost time.
im living and working at elbow lake lodge, on the lake.
cant wait to hit the ice=)

Offline Duckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hibbing, Minnesota area lakes
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2005, 11:30 PM »
I have granparents in the Chisholm area.  They live on Lake McCormick.  Haven't had the best of luck ice fishing on it, but there are enough small lakes around to keep a person busy their entire life.  I can't get over how many small potholes can be found just driving old logging trails.  Last year me and my cousin found a dinky lake, drilled a couple holes, checked 'em with a vexilar, and in about 2 minutes he brought up a 2 pound crappie.  I couldn't believe it.  Its on the wall now  ;D
God, it's good to be in the frozen tundra!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.