New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Karma's First Laker  (Read 639 times)

Offline fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular
Karma's First Laker
« on: Mar 16, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Well, all my hard work and your great advice finally payed off and I iced my first laker last Sunday.  Special thanks to adkroy, imoutdoors, imfishing, inwellbeforelight, jack magnum, pieman and all the other folks of IS for all the helpfull tips.  I went to where imoutdoors and pieman told me to go.  I new I was in the right place when I say the "laker alter" and all the blood on the ice! It was a slow day and I was about 200 yards away from the tip-ups trying to mark some fish when the flag went.  Made a mad dash for it and when I got there there was about 150 yards of like gone off the spool and about 20 wraps left! Set the hook and she felt like a big one!  Put up a good fight for the first 50 yards are so and then it settled in.  As she came through the hole I thought she was a big one judging from how big around it was and the size of the head I thought she was going to be way over 23"  When I got her on the ice she looked like a football.  When took a measure she was 21 1/2".  What a nice lookin' fish, didn't even mind sendin' er back down the hole.  Always plenty of perch to eat on LG. I guess on slow days only the hogs are hittin'  My buddy took some shots of me holdiner up but he's got a film camera so I have to wait until he gets the film developed.  I all ready have a fishin' picture frame on my desk just a waitin' for that picture!

Thanks again to my IS bretheren,
Profile Shot

Close up of that big gut

Back down the hole

Offline zonker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Karma's First Laker
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2007, 01:57 PM »
congrats ;)  Always fun catching trout.
IF YOU DON'T GO, YOU WONT KNOW!!!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2007, 01:58 PM »
Great Job FFK. I'm glad you finally got your first one!!!!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2007, 01:59 PM »
congrats on your 1st laker! now its one to that 1st keeper ;)

Offline bigcatch81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Congrats Ryan. Glad to see you fullfilled one of you goals this year.

-Dan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.