New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Franklyn Falls Flow Walleye  (Read 595 times)

Offline zweber

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish all over New York State.
Franklyn Falls Flow Walleye
« on: Jan 30, 2015, 03:35 PM »
Has anyone been nice size eyes out of the flow this year? If so could you point me in the right direction?  Been fishing the point north of the boat launch with little luck. Any suggestion would help!! 
Thanks guys :tipup:

-Tight Lines-

Offline felix

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Franklyn Falls Flow Walleye
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2015, 06:15 PM »
I moved to this area about 8 years ago and immidietly set out to learn the lakes that are closest to me. I have fished Franklin probably 20-30 times in all seasons and have yet to have a good day on it. The people I know who have been fishing it for decades seem to feel that it's not as good as it once was, and they hardly fish it anymore. Same with Union Falls. I kind of gave up on the dream of having a good Walleye spot close to home and have moved on to fishing for other species. Every now and then we give it a try just to see if things are turning around, and there has been a few decent fish caught the last couple of years. So who knows maybe its on the rebound. The only place I have caught a Walleye trough the ice was across the lake near the camp spot on the island. 15" and the min size needs to be 18". Not really a hot spot. Good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.