Author Topic: The Business  (Read 2202 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
The Business
« on: Jan 06, 2024, 04:34 PM »
First of all be careful out there..same spot to start for the last 20 years but the ice was scary..3 inches of black but varied as you walked around..big large jaw today at 5.2..stay safe

when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
Re: The Business
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2024, 05:16 PM »
Nice work Jibbs….nice job finding some ice ….   We so need a good cold spell… I’m finding some of my early spots wide open …
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2024, 05:27 PM »
Way to go, nice Larry!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2024, 05:30 PM »
Nice work Jibbs….nice job finding some ice ….   We so need a good cold spell… I’m finding some of my early spots wide open …
this was ready at Christmas but got scary after last weeks fog and rain. I only found two ponds in the lakes region with good ice. Going to be a short season
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2024, 06:25 PM »
Way to J !!! Of course you guys are out there you animals!

Yea there's definitely good safe ice out there if you get out and look. We fished 6am -5 , hit 2 ponds today both with 3-4" hard black. But of course gotta watch for the changes near center and inlets.
Couldn't ask for a better weather day out there and getting around was super easy.
Fish on Boys!

- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2024, 08:38 PM »
Beauty!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2024, 07:10 AM »
Good stuff. I was out yesterday. Ice is scary right now. Def gonna be a short season.
Salmonemia

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2024, 07:29 AM »
Good stuff man, she's a fatty... Scouted around local yesterday, best I found was 1.5" and mostly wide open water... Gonna have to travel to find anything for a while
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2024, 09:24 AM »
Nice bass!   :tipup:

I went for a drive y'day before the storm to see what the ice looked like for myself before the snow covers everything up....most I found was 2" at a small pond on the side of the road.  I don't think I drove far enough as I didn't see anyone on the ice or signs of ppl on the ice.  2nd pond had 1", but it was very uneven.  Looked like some ice had formed, then rain storm had blown it out & was re-freezing - very uneven.  Snow is going to cover all that up & make things sketchy.  Last yr around this time, that pond had a solid 9" of ice.  Big difference from last yr & last yr wasn't great for ice.

Storm was coming in, so I turned around & headed home.  Snow caught up with me when I was about 20 min from home, so glad that I turned around when I did.  I'll be better prepared for next weekend.   ;D

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2024, 10:15 AM »
Nice club!
Tight Lines!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2024, 06:18 AM »
Next weekend ice will be trashed by the flooding rain we will get tomorrow/wednesday.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2024, 09:42 AM »
Next weekend ice will be trashed by the flooding rain we will get tomorrow/wednesday.
maybe..we got some snow up here in the lakes region so I’m hoping the snow we got sucks up the rain and it’s cold  enough to make some snow ice on top of the black . Doesn’t matter Saturday looks like rain and wind all day. These winters suck now . Sunday is a wind fest as well

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2024, 10:04 AM »
Ya theres about 14" down here.  Candlewood is still wide opem and the smallies are in their winter spots but ive only had the white perch hit...

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2024, 10:17 AM »
maybe..we got some snow up here in the lakes region so I’m hoping the snow we got sucks up the rain and it’s cold  enough to make some snow ice on top of the black . Doesn’t matter Saturday looks like rain and wind all day. These winters suck now . Sunday is a wind fest as well

Yup, you know the winters of late have sucked when you're hoping for snow ice lol
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2024, 11:36 AM »

It doesn't look good. I'm hoping way up north will get enough snow before the switchover to make it worth either fishing or riding this weekend.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline george_l

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2024, 02:40 PM »
Nice fish! Nothing safe this far south so far.  Dying to get out.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2024, 07:38 PM »
It doesn't look good. I'm hoping way up north will get enough snow before the switchover to make it worth either fishing or riding this weekend.

Its so bad down here I dont mind the rain washing the snow off my stratos cover.  I have not winterized that boat in 2 seasons...

Offline Rainbow1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2024, 03:33 AM »
Trolling in the AM, tip ups in the afternoon

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2024, 08:32 AM »
nice work jibbs.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2024, 09:57 AM »
Its so bad down here I dont mind the rain washing the snow off my stratos cover.  I have not winterized that boat in 2 seasons...
I put my boat away the first week of December and I regretted it

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 09, 2024, 09:58 AM »
Thanks for the replies 😎..it was nice to start the season with a club..I think once we get through this week the weather looks cold in the future..I’ll keep my eye on ice conditions for the lakes region if looking for info

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Jan 09, 2024, 06:51 PM »
I put my boat away the first week of December and I regretted it

Come visit and ill bring you on candlewood.  I cant bass fish worth a crap but I know where they are and you know how to slay em.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2024, 11:05 AM »
Great to see you getting after it Jibbs! Thanks for sharing!!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2024, 06:50 PM »
Come visit and ill bring you on candlewood.  I cant bass fish worth a crap but I know where they are and you know how to slay em.
be fun might take you up on that at some point..fyi for you winni folks 19 mile bay held up after that rain storm and should set up nicely for next week…check as you go

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 12, 2024, 06:37 AM »
Nice Bass Jibbs... hopefully you won't be regretting the boat being put away soon while fishing on solid ice.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 15, 2024, 09:55 AM »
Nice Work Slim  ;)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 15, 2024, 10:10 AM »
Nice Work Slim  ;)
troutman? The real OG!

Offline Ranetrain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 15, 2024, 01:01 PM »
Nice Larry there Jibbs…. I stood in my cove on winni today and watched the waves roll by… thought about throwing my flasher into the water like Maverick with dog tags at end of Top Gun…. Just flat out depressing.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 17, 2024, 09:12 AM »
Jibbs

I remembered Your signature and thought You'd get a laugh

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.