Author Topic: Slow day today.  (Read 1314 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Slow day today.
« on: Mar 08, 2021, 08:11 PM »
Anyone get out today? Today was my first skunk of the season. No fish on tip ups.  Marked a fee wp I believe but they were very sluggish and did not  want to play.  Still beats working but it was a tough day.  Anyone have similar experiences today in nh?
Salmonemia

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Slow day today.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2021, 08:36 PM »
   I made it out today myself, what a beautiful day.  It was slow for me also but I was able to land a couple descent pikerell pickerell. I have found fishing to be slow on the blue bird days. Slow or not it was a nice day to be on the ice. Started my tan today :clap:
John

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2021, 10:04 PM »
I hear that regarding the blue bird skies.  I knew it would be slow but had to make the best of it.  I'll be back Tomorrow in the wind. Hopefully the weather improves soon.
Salmonemia

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2021, 08:28 AM »
Had the chance to make a quick run yesterday afternoon.... while out "running errands". The first place the edges were already gone - but I found another smaller place at elevation that had solid ice. Started with a crappie in the first hole (about 2:00 PM) so I thought it was going to be a banner day - but it slowed for sure. One flag in a trap I left in that same hole as I hunted around for bites. Nothing until the flasher lit up around 5:45 as it was getting dark. Landed another 3 or 4 before I had to call it a day. Wish I had time and prepared for a night excursion, cause at that point the bite was on. Perfect weather though, definitely worth getting out.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2021, 03:55 PM »
I was out Sunday in the tropical temps and it was slow for me. I thought I found a good trout spot, but just one slime dart.

Like OC, I was working on my face and hands tan.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2021, 06:21 AM »
I got out for a quick trip on Mon PM until dark....they really didn't turn on until late.  Once I got a school fired up, they bit well until sun was down.

Usually bite starts when the sun hits the tree tops....this was later than that...

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2021, 07:31 AM »
The bite Tuesday were I fished was phenomenal(first time ever fishing there) ... it started from the time we got there and didn't stop until we left 6 hours later. I can say I never had a day like that before. Crappies, perch, pickerel, and bass were plentiful!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2021, 08:35 PM »
I got out for a quick trip on Mon PM until dark....they really didn't turn on until late.  Once I got a school fired up, they bit well until sun was down.

Usually bite starts when the sun hits the tree tops....this was later than that...
What species?
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.