Author Topic: Essential Ice Gear  (Read 1524 times)

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Essential Ice Gear
« on: Dec 26, 2022, 11:59 AM »
One of the best purchases I have made for ice fishing, open water fishing, and marsh hunting is this I-phone holder. I decided to post this after watching a video where Jay Sieman's buddy drops his phone down the hole after nearly losing it minutes before.

Putting my phone in this case and hanging it around my neck means I can text and fish simultaneously, have a camera at the ready for those bragging shots of 8 inch jumbos, and continue trying to entice a mark to bite while explaining to my wife why I'm going to be "just a bit longer".

The holder is very secure and it takes all the worry out when using over an aquatic environment. Having the phone tucked warmly inside one's clothing while deer hunting on a stand also helps preserve battery life. This is one of those pieces of gear that I will actually turn around and go home for if I realize it's been forgotten.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Essential Ice Gear
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2022, 03:26 PM »
 Good thread speck.  Where did you get that phone saver?

Most essential piece for me in general is the helix 7 closely followed by beers, pepperoni/jerky and triple ply t.p  ;D

If I'm driving on a good, steel grain shovel and quality tow strap would be on the list.

Essential gear when i take the sled is extra fuel line and a spare hitch pin for the toboggan.

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2022, 03:44 PM »
I found this at a Sask Tel store in Saskatoon. The other advantage I neglected to mention is that the unit is entirely made of high quality rubber. The strap stretches and the outside "frame" grips your phone tightly and provides shock absorption as well.

Offline Hooking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2022, 03:53 PM »
Most essential piece for me in general is the helix 7 closely followed by beers, pepperoni/jerky and triple ply t.p  ;D

Triple ply  :o It’s amazing how some ice fishermen will spare no expense!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2022, 04:00 PM »
 I put regular gas in the truck so I can afford the triple ply.  Nothing worse than breaking on through to the other side!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2022, 05:07 PM »
I put regular gas in the truck so I can afford the triple ply.  Nothing worse than breaking on through to the other side!

TMI! 😝
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Churchill River

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2022, 07:38 PM »
Essential Ice Gear......mmmmmm for me....a couple Hawger spoons and a couple perch eyes.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2022, 11:17 AM »
grain shovel tow straps extra pins
flasher auger jig heads and minnows   all set right there

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2022, 10:33 AM »
For me it’s tire chains, tow straps, shovel, cold weather fuel additives for vehicle/snowmobile and auger, extra pins, proper home made survival kit in case of a storm on the lake or on the way home.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.