New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Fish stocking to drop in spring  (Read 827 times)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fish stocking to drop in spring
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2010, 02:16 PM »
:%$#!: :%$#!:   
    http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/521622/Fish-stocking-to-drop-in-spring.html?nav=5008

Do we know if these people responsible are elected or appointed? It seems like whoever we put in these positions say one thing and then do the opposite

Offline carcaju

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2010, 03:47 PM »
thats because if you like it or not the state takes money that is for fishing ,hunting and trapping and uses it for other purposes . licence increases should have made enough to foot the bill. if not ask for volenteers and i'm sure you would get more than enough people to donate their time to help with the hatcheries . besides monitoring and feeding the fish after the eggs are harvested which staff can do, the only thing apparently that costs is harvesting the eggs for the hatchery. i know i would offer some time to help out along with alot of people i know as well.

Offline imfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2010, 05:47 PM »
The stocking program has not been good since the year they changed the creel limit from 10 trout to 5.
The first year they stocked bigger fish but fewer. After that it seems as if they stock smaller and fewer fish. On lakes I have fished and caught good #'s and size I've noticed as others also have, many of our NY waters are less productive. Fees go up but not NY quality.

Offline Fatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always Expect The Unexpected
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2010, 12:23 AM »
The stocking program has not been good since the year they changed the creel limit from 10 trout to 5.
The first year they stocked bigger fish but fewer. After that it seems as if they stock smaller and fewer fish. On lakes I have fished and caught good #'s and size I've noticed as others also have, many of our NY waters are less productive. Fees go up but not NY quality.
X2

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2010, 04:50 AM »
Yes big article in the NEW YORK OUTDOOR NEWS about cutting back on the stocking for next year. DEC wasn't able to milk eggs from the rachette lakers this fall spawn.  :-\

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2010, 05:21 AM »
Will this affect stocking for all trout species  ??? The article specifically mentions LL salmon and lakers being impacted. It also say that trout stocking will be reduced ... Any good news on this topic would be much appreciated :-\

Offline ICE_MONKEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2010, 02:07 PM »
I would say our great governor has his fingers in it with the DEC's agency wide lay off happening right now :-\ I say put a redneck in office lol

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2010, 02:45 PM »
I'm unsure as to why they had trouble with labor, Paul Smith's College had students volunteer their time at the lake clear hatchery.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.