Author Topic: Predictions on when we will be scratching the hardwater itch.  (Read 13285 times)

Offline Boatless

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Predictions on when we will be scratching the hardwater itch.
« Reply #30 on: Sep 19, 2007, 12:23 PM »
Any of these early spots in our LDB area??????

You know, I haven't really targeted Pike in LDB much this year, so I don't have anything in particular that I "know" will produce big pike. There is a spot I have in mind to check out , but I don't know a pike's ideal habitat in the early to mid months of winter. There's a drop off I know of from 3' to about 16' right beside a weed bed that I think would be my best bet... Not having a snowmobile will be a drawback because it's at least a couple mile walk from my trailer... I don't think one will be in my budget this season.

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #31 on: Sep 19, 2007, 01:24 PM »
You know, I haven't really targeted Pike in LDB much this year, so I don't have anything in particular that I "know" will produce big pike. There is a spot I have in mind to check out , but I don't know a pike's ideal habitat in the early to mid months of winter. There's a drop off I know of from 3' to about 16' right beside a weed bed that I think would be my best bet... Not having a snowmobile will be a drawback because it's at least a couple mile walk from my trailer... I don't think one will be in my budget this season.
Have sled...........will travel.You've got the Cube and i've got the Polaris.Will see what happens ;D ;D ;D

Offline Boatless

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Sep 19, 2007, 01:32 PM »
Yea, we'll definately get out fishing together one day Andy! God knows we've talked about it enough.... I will probably end up finding a good spot near Wendigo to park the shack I built last year. It's just so hard to move, I want to set it up and leave it there for the whole season. It's a 4x8 with a floor and it's the popular folding type. I just didn't put any ski's on it, so it's more like a plow when you're pulling it....

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 05, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Mid December not any sooner!

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 05, 2007, 05:35 PM »
Yea, we'll definately get out fishing together one day Andy! God knows we've talked about it enough.... I will probably end up finding a good spot near Wendigo to park the shack I built last year. It's just so hard to move, I want to set it up and leave it there for the whole season. It's a 4x8 with a floor and it's the popular folding type. I just didn't put any ski's on it, so it's more like a plow when you're pulling it....
Had a look at my monstosity YESTERDAY!!!!! It's staying right where it sits now.Using the Quik flip or maybe put my small 1 man permanent out.

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 05, 2007, 09:16 PM »
 Wow does it ever feel good to be on this forum. Any who I will be out as soon as get word of safe ice on the red the last three years we have begun our ice fishing journey on Dec.9 at lockport normally on 8 to 10 inches of ice so if that all replays thats what it's look'n like. Although I still have to fill the freezer up with some more VENISON already got 1 doe packed and some stakes marrinating there is always more right but ice fishing will still be in my mind.......safety on.......I mean........tightlines .......talk to ya'll later ;D ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.