Author Topic: Fishathon for CancerCare  (Read 6823 times)

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishathon for CancerCare
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Ac!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you gotta go cuz the derby wouldn't be there same without yah there man!!!!!......lilchief ;D ;D ;D

You're right...it would be much quieter  ;D ::)
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2007, 09:43 AM »
You're right...it would be much quieter  ;D ::)

I WANNA PALMTREE!!!!!!!!!!! the flying potatos, your right much, much quieter

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2007, 09:48 AM »
Can somebody give me a website or something?  What's this all about?  It'll be one year tomorrow since I lost my wife to cancer so I'd love to donate.

Grump- you were the first to reply with a very kind PM last year and I haven't forgotten.
High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement .

Seattle Seven Member #000003

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2007, 10:07 AM »
Can somebody give me a website or something?  What's this all about?  It'll be one year tomorrow since I lost my wife to cancer so I'd love to donate.

Grump- you were the first to reply with a very kind PM last year and I haven't forgotten.

www.walleyewarriormara thon.com  it a fishathon to raise money for cancer care manitoba foundation, volenteer serices I believe.

Sorry to hear about your wife, no one can truly know what your loss feels like. (no I'm not trying to get a donation)

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2007, 10:08 AM »
Has anyone else got their package form CC yet? I faxed my form in dec. I just wonder if my fax went through.

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 10, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Thank you.
High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement .

Seattle Seven Member #000003

grumpymoe

« Reply #36 on: Jan 10, 2007, 10:12 AM »
faxed my registration in before New Years...should be in the mail soon I hope.....I have lots of pledges to get together for this year......I will gladly accept any pledges and I am not bashful about asking either....Grump  ;D

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 10, 2007, 11:30 AM »
The early bird registration deadline is Febuary 15. Please visit the event website(www.walleyewarriormara thon.com) or call 787-4100 or 878-3989 to register and recieve pledge forms.

There will be prize draws for early bird registrants which include:

A Guided Muskie Daytrip and tackle package
courtesy of Craig Stapon Guide Service

A Fish of a Lifetime Guided Daytrip and tackle package
courtesy of Dave Abbott and Angling Masters International

Register early and get in on the prizes.

If you have registered already the pledge forms will be arriving by mail shortly and you are eligible for earlybird draws.
 :D

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 10, 2007, 11:56 AM »
We have also confirmed that Craig Stapon has volunteered to be our guest emcee at this event ;D. We have also confirmed there will be some current and past Blue Bombers along with "Buzz and Boomer" attending as well.There will be prizes given away thoughout the day courtesy of Manny's Baits. Along with the pledge earners prizes drawn sunday morning (the Grand Prize courtesy of Westshore Marine,Yamaha and EZ Loader ;)) the also will be many great family event prizes drawn for participants in the family mini marathon. There are rooms still available at the Lakeview Resort as well for those looking for more luxurious accomadation than a tent on the lake ;D. Any questions please pm me.It will be a GREAT time!!!! :D

Offline Nightcrawler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nightcrawlers Fishing Team
« Reply #39 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:33 PM »
And there will also be a kickoff party in the form of a social on Friday March 9th in a banquet room in the Lakeview. Tickets are $10.00 and of course all proceeds go to the same. I'll post as soon as tickets are printed! Hope to see many turn up for the entire weekend's festivities!!

Browny
Tight lines and all that rot!!

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2007, 07:05 PM »
If anybody would like to donate a prize to be used for the draws at the event or at the social please pm me or Nightcrawler(Browny). This is a most worthwhile cause and we thank all for your generousity.
 :D

Offline Nightcrawler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nightcrawlers Fishing Team
« Reply #41 on: Jan 12, 2007, 08:27 AM »
One other note about the Lakeview Resort, if you call the 1-800 number to book a room, they may tell you it is fully booked (not sure why?). So please call the local number and you will have no problem 1-204-642-8565.
Tight lines and all that rot!!

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 28, 2007, 12:07 AM »
The early bird deadline is Febuary 15 and approaching fast.Call 787-4100 or click on the website link to register soon to be eligible for prizes including:
-a guided day trip muskie hunting with Craig Stapon and a muskie tackle package.
-a guided day trip "a fish of a lifetime" with Dave Abbott and a tackle package.

We are expecting a great media "EZ Dock Cup" challenge with a mix of Blue Bombers, media personalities, political celebrities,and anglers taking part.

The family event saturday will be fun for the kids or the whole family with special prizes and activities with special guests including "Buzz and Boomer".Special guest emcee for the weekend "The Voice Of Manitoba Anglers" Craig Stapon.

Round out the daylight hours with a "Hog Roast Dinner" and a memorial for the original Walleye Warrior and founder of the forum bearing his name Brian LeClair.

There will be food,washrooms,and heated tents on the ice.Special prizes throughout the night for 24 hour participants. There will also be a breakfast buffet and prize awards ceremony for 24 hour participants courtesy of the Lakeview Resort sunday morning.

There are special prizes for top pledge earners including a Grand Prize courtesy of Westshore Marine, Yamaha, and EZ Loader.

It all starts with a wind-up social event friday night at the Lakeview Resort(limited tickets available soon).

Register and be a part of the one of the largest ice fishing fundraising events in Canada. Please pm me if there are any questions or if you would like to volunteer any assistance in this event.

Gimli Manitoba
March 10-11, 2007

Thank you  8)

Listen for us on CJOB this wednesday at 8pm. :D

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Early bird deadline is Febuary 15 so please register soon. Register online at the website or call 787-4100.  :)
It justs gets better every year.....this year there will be THREE early bird prizes  :o .
1-A guided daytrip chasing the muskies on Lake of the Woods with Craig Stapon Guiding Service and a tackle package
2-A Fish of a Lifetime guided daytrip courtesy of Dave Abbott and Angling Masters International. Another tackle package too
3-A guided daytrip chasing the catfish in the Red River courtesy of Todd Longley and Citycats Guide Service.A tackle package here too.  :D
How sweet it is.......register now  8) .

ps....Lyle Bauer donated a couple season tickets to our prize pool :D

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #44 on: Feb 01, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Kudos Grump on coming up with the winning name for the Walleyewarriormarathon social ;) Bash-a-Thon has a very nice ring to it!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #45 on: Feb 01, 2007, 07:06 PM »
thanks BB.....the name is likely how some of the participants are going to feel Sunday after the big tent event....looking forward to meeting everyone again for the 3rd annual....Grump   :P

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 09, 2007, 12:24 AM »
Along with the guided trips in the early bird prize pool and the LOTW daytrip donated by Andrew Klassen for the social Mr.Stu McKay today informed me that he will donate an icefishing excursion onto Lake Winnipeg for two.A day trip fishing the big Lake :D . This prize will be in the top pledge earner prize pool along with special gift certificates donated by Gimli IGA and other prizes. Thanks Stu. :D 

Offline lilchief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:11 PM »
sent my sheet in the mail today and roaring for it to come back to and i am really roaring to get pledging going don't think i will make my goal this year dang eh!!!!....lilchief ;D ;D ;D
Matt

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 14, 2007, 07:14 PM »
Hurry and register as the deadline is febuary 15 for the early bird prizes......a chance to win one of three guided trips :D

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 16, 2007, 11:46 PM »
Thanks Moe
There are many cool prizes and some really special top pledge earner prizes rolling in. 8)

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:40 AM »
Watch Breakfast Television on A-Channel wednesday morning :D !

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 26, 2007, 09:59 PM »
The date drawing nearer we are also in need of some volunteers willing to donate some time during the event. We have a small committee and there is alot to do. There will be some incentives for volunteers :D
Some really cool prizes rolling in and it promises to be a blast :D.

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #52 on: Mar 06, 2007, 06:07 AM »
Looking forward with great anticipation to seeing all the members from the Ice Shanty forum who are making the trip to Gimli this weekend in support of the 24 hour Marathon.Thanks everyone!.For me,one of the best parts of being on the various forums forums is finally meeting forum members and actually putting faces to the usernames.To those members here who are attending but only registered here DON'T BE SHY!!! Come find me and introduce yourself!!! Shouldn't be difficult to do!!!!!!

Offline lilchief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Mar 06, 2007, 11:09 AM »
See yah there!!! If you see a brown with black tarp roof shanty just come and say hey...Muskee and I well be glad to met yah!!!!....lilchief ;D ;D ;D
Matt

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #54 on: Mar 07, 2007, 01:50 PM »
See yah there!!! If you see a brown with black tarp roof shanty just come and say hey...Muskee and I well be glad to met yah!!!!....lilchief ;D ;D ;D
    Will do. Actually we probably said hello once at last years event.

Offline lilchief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:58 PM »
i think we did!! just come on over and give a knock!!!...lilchief ;D ;D ;D
Matt

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #56 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Looking forward with great anticipation to seeing all the members from the Ice Shanty forum who are making the trip to Gimli this weekend in support of the 24 hour Marathon.Thanks everyone!.For me,one of the best parts of being on the various forums forums is finally meeting forum members and actually putting faces to the usernames.To those members here who are attending but only registered here DON'T BE SHY!!! Come find me and introduce yourself!!! Shouldn't be difficult to do!!!!!!(Image removed from quote.)
Still not to late to participate!! Preregistration is available at the Lakeview Hotel tomorrow evening or out at the site Saturday morning prior to the official 10 AM start.The minimum pledge amounts will make you eligible for the numerous prizes available(too many to list). Check out the Bash-a Thon social being held at the Lakeview  Friday night running from 8PM until 1 AM SEE YOU IN GIMLI.........................Andy

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Mar 12, 2007, 11:29 PM »
Although the numbers of attendees and donations are down from last year the projected donation to the Never Alone Foundation in support of Cancercare Manitoba Foundation is estimated at $16,000  . Congratulations and thank you to top pledge earner Shawn (brother of Viking) and to EZ Dock Media challenge winners team Chris Cvetkovic (Blue Bombers)  / Cranky Craig Stapon (SUN/CJOB)  . Unfortunatly the team of myself and Gimli Mayor Tami Axelsson were skunked but look out next year  Nice to meeet TGF(terrygonefishing) from the Iceshanty board  in from BC and to fish with others from various boards in the pensioners palace such as Big Brother, goriders, AC, Oldbeatuplund, Grumpymoe, Greenbackhunter, CrankyCraig, Steven, RyanM, Penomah Pedro, Badnewz, Rolyat, ChrisN, Ferriswheel, RBenoit, Addictedtofishing,Lilchief, Muskee, Browny and others.
Thank you to Browny and the Nightcrawlers for the smokin' bash-a-thon social. 
More event details will be forthcoming soon.  :)

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Mar 16, 2007, 10:28 PM »
The cheque for the Never Alone Foundation in support of Cancercare Manitoba Foundation will be held at the Never Alone luncheon on April 10. :D
Support cancercare!
http://www.bluebombers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=58

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.