Author Topic: 7th Annual Walleye Warrior 24Hour Ice Fishing Marathon-approved by HIMO  (Read 6614 times)

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
We are proud to present the 7th annual Walleye Warrior 24 Hour Ice Fishing Marathon. The proceeds of the event in support of Cancercare Manitoba Foundation and pediatric cancercare. The event will be held on February 26-27,2011 at Selkirk Park. Some changes will include a larger competitive fishing area and an enhanced kids event with many more activities. Registrations for the marathon participants are now available on our website and other registrations will be available soon. Our earlybird deadline is January 11 and early biurd prizes include two half-day guided trips for cats on the Red River compliments of Citycats and Central Guiding Service. Please consider supporting our event and cancercare. Please visit our website at www.walleyewarriormara thon.com or call 792-5652 for more information.

:)

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
Looking forward to this event and supporting a GREAT cause
GILLISHAMMER

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
this thread has been approved by me. please feel free to post about this charitable tournament here.

HIMO
                                                          Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline golden eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
can't wait me and my kids have talked about this one all year long.lets pray for some nice weather.keep up the great work.

Offline MNTMAN12

• Team IceShanty Regular
I am working to get SHAW TV to cover the event too!

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
The event planning is going well and we urge everyone to support cancerecare. :) We will break $100,000 in total funds raised at this event!

We are grateful...please support cancercare!

:)

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
Is it to late to register?
Looooooooooooove to fish, born to fish.
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
You can register by visiting our website, we will send a pledge sheet to collect pledges. If you wish you can also register at the site on event day. The more pledges you raise the more opportunities to win some of our great prizes.
  @)

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
Im registered, cant wait!
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline fdishing_god1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
can i enter now or is it to late?  ???
Ice fishing isn't a Hobby it's a life style

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
You can register online anytime between now and the Marathon or at the site itself on the 26th.The registration tent will be at the entrance.

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!

Mason, go on the website, print off a pledge form or get it faxed, and enter and we can fish together in my quickflip, I need company!!
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
So excited, recruited about 10 more people, trying to get tons!
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
So excited, recruited about 10 more people, trying to get tons!
COOL!!!!Whenever you and your gang arrive at the Marathon make sure to track me down for an official intro and any help needed in getting set up...............Andy

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
Yup,
It will be ok for me to fish in my Quickfish 6 right?
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
Yup,
It will be ok for me to fish in my Quickfish 6 right?
You can fish in the quickfish,inside the warm heated tent or if its a killer day weatherwise just sit on a pail and fish outside old school.People can bring their own shelters,electronics etc and pretty much set up in the general area of the big tent near the boat launch.

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
Is there a prize for the biggest fish, not sure? Im doing it more for the Cancer part.
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
Is there a prize for the biggest fish, not sure? Im doing it more for the Cancer part.
First place in the competition portion will get you killer prize pack.

Offline fdishing_god1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
I went om the website but can't find the pledge from and do i need to pay to enter even with the 50$ pledge  ???
Ice fishing isn't a Hobby it's a life style

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
50 Pledge is all you need, go on the website and get them to fax or email the pledge form to you.
Here:

Print this off and check send form by fax or send it by email.

http://www.walleyewarriormarathon.com/Registration_Form_2011.pdf
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Some updates:

The family mini-marathon has been changed to the Kidzone event. Lots of kids activities, clowns and mascots and every kid will take home a prize. Kids can fish in the heated tent. There are a few larger prizes to be won too. Cost is a $5 donation per kids under 16.

Danny's Whole Hog pork dinner saturday night confirmed and we have a professional chef offering to prepare lunch and co-ordinate the food service at our event. The food will be awesome!

The competitive fish-off will have three prizes like last year. It will have a larger fishing area. Some holes will be pre-drilled. Cost $30 but participants registered for the 24 hour event will get ten bucks off.

The marathon will have the same format as in the past. Pledge earner prizes awarded sunday morning and a silent auction on saturday. Pancake breakfast sunday morning and a prize for the biggest walleye of the weekend too. Red Bomb fireworks saturday night....they were awesome last year!

All proceeds go to Cancercare Manitoba Foundation for pediatric cancercare trials. It all starts saturday morning at 10 am.

Please visit our website. We have added a Paypal tab for those who wish to donate online. 

Any business or individual that wishes to donate towards our prize pool please pm me for more information.

See you there!
 @)

Offline netley-creek-fishing-boy

• IceShanty Rookie
Some updates:

The family mini-marathon has been changed to the Kidzone event. Lots of kids activities, clowns and mascots and every kid will take home a prize. Kids can fish in the heated tent. There are a few larger prizes to be won too. Cost is a $5 donation per kids under 16.

Danny's Whole Hog pork dinner saturday night confirmed and we have a professional chef offering to prepare lunch and co-ordinate the food service at our event. The food will be awesome!

The competitive fish-off will have three prizes like last year. It will have a larger fishing area. Some holes will be pre-drilled. Cost $30 but participants registered for the 24 hour event will get ten bucks off.

The marathon will have the same format as in the past. Pledge earner prizes awarded sunday morning and a silent auction on saturday. Pancake breakfast sunday morning and a prize for the biggest walleye of the weekend too. Red Bomb fireworks saturday night....they were awesome last year!

All proceeds go to Cancercare Manitoba Foundation for pediatric cancercare trials. It all starts saturday morning at 10 am.

Please visit our website. We have added a Paypal tab for those who wish to donate online. 

Any business or individual that wishes to donate towards our prize pool please pm me for more information.

See you there!
 @)

Start time got changed from 9 to 10 am?

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
We start accepting registrations at 9am. Some come even earlier to get their shelters set up and try for an early bite. We do not mind the early birds because sometimes we can use a hand getting everything started.  :)

Offline netley-creek-fishing-boy

• IceShanty Rookie
Had a great time!

Offline fishncamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
We would like to thank all the anglers, businesses and individuals who chose to support our event :)

Offline Northern Manitoban

• Team IceShanty Regular
wow cold day decent turn out, girlfriend and I had fun, nice to mingle with some familiar faces and meet some new, girlfrieinds 42 inch pike was the talk of the derby unfortunatly we did not enter the 24 hour so no big prize for her catch, it was her first master pike, she is still smiling :)
I only fish on days that end with a Y

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
wow cold day decent turn out, girlfriend and I had fun, nice to mingle with some familiar faces and meet some new, girlfrieinds 42 inch pike was the talk of the derby unfortunatly we did not enter the 24 hour so no big prize for her catch, it was her first master pike, she is still smiling :)

That thing was a beast!
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline MNTMAN12

• Team IceShanty Regular
PANFISHBOY won the 24 hour part...CONGRATS PAL!!!!!!

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
PANFISHBOY won the 24 hour part...CONGRATS PAL!!!!!!

Thanks you Mike  :) ;D :) @)
Let em' big suckers go!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.